Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

MONTH 12 -- Show Your Completed Top Here!

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

my 2023 BOM is done! The backing is made of blocks from an abandoned project and I think it makes the quilt happy on both sides

Comment

Just wanted to share how I am approaching the quilting. I am a doodler and love the technique of putting a B&W image in a sheet protector to try out different ideas. This quilt is calling for a combo of ruler work and free motion from me. When I got to the bird border I was intimidated at first but then thought ghosting (I think that is what is called) would look lovely. I use this disappearing marking pen to set my guideline.

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
          Editing a comment
          Great design choices! Thanks for sharing your work.

I'm finished!! This was quite a challenge (which is always a good thing) and I'm happy with the final results. I wanted to make the last border look like Northern Lights around the cabins - hope that was effective. Ready now for a good press and a trip to the "spa". Thank you TQS and Barbara Black - could not have completed this without you

Comment

My top is finished! I learned a lot and enjoyed the process. I'm glad I had done last years BOM first. Thank you for the adventure.
          JET

Comment

• Sandra Hand. commented
            Editing a comment
            Love the black background!!

Ready to be quilted

Comment

• Helen W. commented
            Editing a comment
            Teresa, I really, really like your sawtooth stars rather than the mountain shaped piano key border.
            Your quilt is beautiful. It looks like the stars were the original design. Goes so well with the stars
            that were designed for the corners. Now I will have to audition that idea in EQ8 to see what it
            would look like on my quilt. I changed a lot of the quilt to fit my style. If I do go with your idea, I hope it looks as good as yours HelenW

• Teresa B. commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you Helen w.

• Shirley R. commented
            Editing a comment
            I like the stars in the outer border as well as your color choices. Beautiful quilt!

Comment

• Monique G. commented
            Editing a comment
            I love your colours. You obviously choose your own palette and what a striking combination.

• Helen W. commented
            Editing a comment
            Carolyn, Very beautiful quilt. The red, white and blue is wonderful. I would have guessed it was
            made by someone living in the USA. But it could not be more beautiful. Great job. HelenW

• Carol G. commented
            Editing a comment
            Very pretty! I like how you changed the background fabrics

Thank you Sara and Barbara, this quilt was a lot of fun.
          Carolyn, Nova Scotia, Canada

Comment

Finally done. I changed the birds and put in flowers instead of hearts, but otherwise followed the pattern. This one was a lot of work, but I like it.

Comment

• Helen W. commented
              Editing a comment
              Amy, Love the black background. Mine also has a black background. Hope I will be able to put up
              a picture of a finished top soon. HelenW

• brigitte.wieser commented
              Editing a comment
              Your choosen fabrics and colours look really great !

The Cat ate my birds.

NO this is the truth, my sweet cat, Russel Claude aka Rusty, chewed up my birds. He has never destroyed anything. I was struggling with the birds and placement. So, my cat made the design choice not to have birds in my quilt. Who knew I was living with a design cat!
            Thanks, TQS for such a wonderful challenging and huge learning experience. I love my quilt even with its imperfections. I am still a newbie at this craft and sewing. I learned that I am not needle turn appliquer. But I tried. I found Karen K Buckley products helpful for me. Thank you, Sarah, for your design. Thank you, Barbara Black for all your help, without it I do not believe I could have completed this quilt.
            Sandie T.

Comment

• Carol G. commented
              Editing a comment
              Sandie I had to laugh at your cats at first because I seriously considered cats instead of birds on my vines. I hope Rusty didn't get sick. I love your changes... the corner baskets and the hearts

• Sandie T commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you, Carol G. I enjoyed watching the development of your quilt top. Rusty is fine!

• brigitte.wieser commented
              Editing a comment
              Dear Sandy, oh I love, love, love your story
              Last edited by brigitte.wieser; 12-15-2023, 10:14 AM.

Finished top.

Comment

• commented
              Editing a comment
              Helen, A red door would have been nice, if only I’d thought of it sooner. However, It’s not too late to incorporate strategic red embroidery to make it stand out. Thank you for your observations and kind words. Mary S.

• Helen W. commented
              Editing a comment
              Mary, I think your idea of embroidery to get contrast is a great idea. Are you doing the 2024 BOM?
              HelenW

• commented
              Editing a comment
              Helen, I’m not planning on making the 2024 BOM. Are you?

I finally finished my top. Some things I did different; if you look at the peddles in the main flowers, four peddles are done in one color and two in another. I decided to have my birds roosting instead of in flight. I loved the way Barbara did her additional berries in the border so I decided to copy her. My houses are embroidered instead of paper pieced. I didn't buy the kit, only the background fabric so it was a learning experience for me to have to select my own fabrics. The stars in the corners are done with a gradient fabric which I loved the look of. Most of my items were needle turn appliqué but there is some raw edge appliqué as well. Lots to think about in this BOM. If I get the time, I would like to put a bit of hand embroidery around the houses, and some beading in the foliage. My sewing area is in total upheaval from testing several different fabrics. It will take me the all of December to get it organized again. Thank to everyone for the help and encouragement. It was great to learned from everyone, but especially you "BARBARA". Hugs your way.
            Last edited by Monique G.; 11-25-2023, 10:14 PM.

Comment

• Helen W. commented
              Editing a comment
              Monique, Thanks for giving your comments on your subtle changes. It makes it unique but still very
              recognizable as the TQS BOM 2023. Your color selection and placement is very pleasing to the eye.
              HelenW

• Barbara B. commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you, Monique! Your fabric choices are beautiful. So glad I was part of your journey.
              My blog today is about clearing the studio clutter before being able to create again:

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com/20...os-studio.html

Here is my top. Kaffe Fasset fabrics except for backgrounds, stems and some leaves.

Comment

• Helen W. commented
              Editing a comment
              Love the background fabric color with the Kaffe. I plan to use bright colors, mainly Jason Yenter
              left overs from several of his quilts I have made, for Pick A Petal 2024. I think they might look good with a similar color palette for the background. Was it a collection or you just found a lot of similar colors. It is beautiful.

Are you planning on doing Pick A Petal? HelenW

This is my finished quilt top. I love the vibrant colors in this quilt. I did not purchase the kit; however, i purchased some precuts of a few of the quilt kit fabrics. Other fabrics are from my stash. The following changes (other than fabric choices and color placement) were made: center cabin was replaced by a star block; birds are different from those in pattern; hearts were made earlier than release of the heart pattern and are ”larger and fatter.”

Sarah, I greatly admire your work and have wanted to make one of your patterns for several years. What a joy to have one of your designs completed!

Barbara, your videos and blogposts were very helpful. Having a “guide by your side” certainly makes the process proceed more smoothly than it would otherwise.

I used needle turn appliqué and this is my second appliqué quilt. The 2022 Garden Party Down Under was my first needle turn appliqué quilt. I learned so much through these two projects. Thank you!

Comment

Since there was no progress Month 12, I decided to put it here. The picture is distorted looking since I took it
              laying the quilt on the floor since my design wall has other stuff on it. My quilt has just evolved as the year went on.
              Right now I am feeling behind, even though Barbara says you should not feel bad about being behind because this month 12 just started. She was referring to Pick a Petal, but I am applying it to Homeward Bound too. Hoping it will be done
              by the end of the month. HelenW

Comment

• Carol G. commented
                Editing a comment
                Helen I have enjoyed following your progress on HB. I love your border with the squares, your little birdies on the vines, everything about is lovely. You're not behind, It's early December!

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1896 users online. 369 members and 1527 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,228   Posts: 155,194   Members: 25611   Active Members: 1,200  
            Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
            X