Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Month 9 -- Ask Questions Here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Month 9 -- Ask Questions Here

Please use this TOPIC to ask questions about Month 9.
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL
    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

I have not seen anyone mention this… it might have appeared last month… but I’m having to redo my vines as they did not cross into the star block as they were suppose to. It no big problem. I’ll probably wait til I get the birds tomorrow. I will also add I did not add the star blocks early but only after I finished the appliqués
    Elizabeth Anderson
    Cadiz, KY  (near Paducah)

Comment

What size are the snaps you used for eyes.
      ?
      Susan Skeel
      Des Moines Iowa

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
        Editing a comment
        size 3/0 is the size listed on the package

What color are the hearts on the birds
      Susan Skeel
      Des Moines Iowa

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
        Editing a comment
        As it says in the pattern, the hearts will be the background fabric as the bird is appliqued to the background. Then the heart is reverse appliqued to reveal the background behind the bird.

Hi Barbara, it's a tiny thing and I'm sure everyone will figure it out easily - but slight typo on your Blog.
      you listed the BIRD BODY fabric as Tiny Dots Blueberry - it's Bluebell.

I'm happy to hear we will be getting more Divax as I noted I had run out last month and had to go to my stash.

Thanks for all you do!

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, good catch, I just fixed it.

I am having trouble getting my pattern for month nine. I am signed in, hit learn and 2023BOM and keep getting a drop down screen that won’t let me get to the appropriate month and wants me to be a star member. My star membership should be good until Nov.

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
        Editing a comment
        Sometimes I have to log in twice to get it to "take". If you don't see "Welcome Joan H" in the left sidebar of the Forum, you aren't logged in. And it will say your name under Logged In on the upper bar, at the right side of the website.

As I began this BOM in month 7, do you think I will have any issues attaching the center borders for months 1-6 to the rest? I'm thinking i should leave the four borders for month 7-9 loose instead of sewing them together.

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, leave them separate until your middle is done.

Are you able to share the size of the background unfinished of the piece with the heart? 10 1/2 x 4 1/2?

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, those background rectangles are cut 4.5” x 10.5”. Remember mine are sewn differently from the sample quilt. I addressed this in the Month 9 LIVE and will discuss it again in the Month 10 blog and LIVE.

• Renee M. commented
        Editing a comment
        I like how you did yours. Thanks for the measurements.

I'm getting ready to sew my side borders on to my center. I cut them all one half inch larger so I need to cut them down to the correct size and I am afraid I am going to have a problem with them being too close to the seam allowance. However, a bigger problem seems to be that the vines that I have stitched down on the side borders are not going to flow to the corner the way they are supposed to. I'm not sure what I am going to have to do to fix it. I have all leaves stitched down and just need to do the birds but I'm worried about vine placement. I have so much work into this and I'm not sure how to fix it.
      Kathy M

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
        Editing a comment
        If you can post photos that might help us see your problem. From what you described, it sounds like you might have to move the side border vines a bit once the sides are attached to the middle to get the vines as you like them.

OK. I bit the bullet and sewed on the side borders. I am fine on the flow of the vines. I was right up to a couple of the leaves and flowers with my quarter inch seam but it will work. Thank goodness! This is really outside the realm of my normal pieced quilts. But it is beautiful.
      Kathy M

Comment

Bird placement -- I knew I read it somewhere -- found it in Month 7 ask questions here: the middle of the bird is placed 15" from the center of the border on Barbara's quilt. Hope this helps someone else, I feel I have a way to determine if I need to make adjustments in leaves, & vines. Praying for no unsewing!

Comment

I am having a bit of an issue. The vine placement is not going to allow my birds to sit on the vine. so it seems I will have to unsew and realign the vines. No big deal -my error
          The birds seem so big for the panel. Yes, I did check the 1" square accuracy. Is the bird to basically fill the the entire space? Just wondering as appliqué is always a. journey. thank you.

Comment

My birds are about 6.5” in both directions, from the top of the pink wing to the bottom of the body, and from the beak to the outer side of the bird body.
            Barbara Black
            Huntsville AL
            https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
            "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

• Marcia D. commented
              Editing a comment
              thank you.
            This reply by [email protected] has been deleted by [email protected]

When your birds insist on sitting on flowers you let them do what they want after all nature doesn't always follow your plans. No eyes or heart - maybe later or not.
            Ann

Hi Barbara, I am enjoying this BOM. Thanks for all you do for us quilters. I have a question - does the bird template include 1/4 " for finished applique?

Linda in East Tn

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
              Editing a comment
              No, the bird pattern is finished size.

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2254 users online. 116 members and 2138 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,228   Posts: 155,194   Members: 25613   Active Members: 1,198  
          Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
          X