Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

MONTH 8 -- Show Your Progress Here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lholzhu View Post
    I have finished this years BOM with a few of my own variations.
    I changed out the birds, and used slightly different leaves so I could continue border appliqué. I was also able to figure out the final border and increased size from 6.5 to 9.5. I will quilt some kind of trees under the houses on the border. I am very pleased with the final outcome.

I will do Big stitch quilting something that is new to me. So far it is going well.

This will be entered in next year’s county fair. I believe it will be another WOW.
    Thanks for all the guidance and instructions from designer and Barbara!

Your quilt is beautiful!
    Carol in SW Michigan

Comment

A little bit late this month but just in time I finished the second part of this border. It's still great fun to work on this BOM and I also like to see the progress of all the other quilters, thank you all for sharing
      Quilting forever, Housework whenever! 

Comment

This reply by acwang has been deleted by acwang

Finally caught up with June, July, and August’s homework, yay!
        My thoughts:
        - Picking fabric is still the hardest for me!
        - Hand or Machine appliqué: tried hand appliqué again and again… In the end I went back to machine! Gotta stop stressing myself and enjoy my project. Haha.
        - Stem: Hara Marker is good for < 20”; anything longer I find Clover bias tape maker is easier
        - Glue stick: I’ve been using fabric glue stick (Quilters Select or Sewline), but accidentally found Elmer glue stick is equally useful

I know I said it before but still want to say again: THANKS Barbara and everyone in this Forum for sharing your knowledge! It has been fun!
        Attached Files

Finally caught up with June, July, and August’s homework, yay!
        My thoughts:
        - Picking fabric is still the hardest for me!
        - Hand or Machine appliqué: tried hand appliqué again and again… In the end I went back to machine! Gotta stop stressing myself and enjoy my project. Haha.
        - Stem: Hara Marker is good for < 20”; anything longer I find Clover bias tape maker is easier
        - Glue stick: I’ve been using fabric glue stick (Quilters Select or Sewline), but accidentally found Elmer glue stick is equally useful

I know I said it before but still want to say again: THANKS Barbara and everyone in this Forum for sharing your knowledge! It has been fun!

Comment

• Alice commented
          Editing a comment
          My design board is too small so bottom border is not included.

Month 8 done

Comment

Originally posted by lholzhu View Post
          https://thequiltshow.com/forum/block...218#post897218

I do not use a hoop. I have spray basted and pinned in areas so it is pretty secure.
          So far my center open areas are 1-2 inches so I am ok with that. I might do a meandering possibly with the treads or maybe free motion on a sit down. We will see when I get to the bird borders. I also have thought about just quilting in a shape (leaf, flower or such, Would probably make some templates for those. (I did the copy via light box for this BOM)

Your quilt is outstanding. I remember your different quilts from previous BOM. I have too much fabric to get into wools and others. My mom is trying to get me to rug hook, that also is wonderful but also going down the rabbit hole. I sure enjoy these BOM’s and the different designers. I am also going to do Alex’s tie class and washing some of my father-in-law ties a grabbed for a project.

Happy Quilting
          Thanks Linda, Both for the compliment and the tips. I have a couple PVC hoops from needlepoint and might try both ways to get which
          gets me the best results. I keep forgetting that I have a can of 505 basting spray in my fabric closet. Will definitely give that a try.
          I don't buy wool, I am afraid I would love it and it is over budget for me. My sewing machine is 30 years old and I know one
          of these days the computer screen will just die of old age. Flannel is about the same as quilting cotton in cost. Love all of Bonnie
          Sullivans flannel fabric collections. I really like your idea of making templates to trace around to give a little more stitching to the
          open areas. Maybe a meandering line that has leaves on it. Will do some previewing with clear office page covers and sharpie pens
          to see what it would look like. I have thought that at some time I will give the wool felt a try. It is reasonable cost and lots of colors.
          Carol Berry's quilt Home, the Color My World BOM, showed me all the possibilities of using it. She is how I got started using the thick
          threads. Keep posting pictures of your Big Stitch progress. I am eager to see it. HelenW

Comment

I finished before the end of the month!!! I was beginning to wonder if it was possible due to everything else going on at my house. I was too lazy to find a larger area to get a photo of all 4 borders, so I just took a photo of the two shorter ones as they fit on the table. I tried to rotate the photo so it wasn't sideways, but with all the issues I had even getting a photo to upload at all, I just left it alone.

Linda

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
              Editing a comment
              Nicely done, your stitching is beautiful.

Completed month 8. I appreciated the post that someone put about the quilting room being in a shambles. I have fabric everywhere strewn in almost every room. I didn't buy the kit so I'm auditioning so many different fabrics all the time. Yikes!!!

Comment

This reply by huntforfun has been deleted by huntforfun

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1946 users online. 176 members and 1770 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25585   Active Members: 1,289  
            Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
            X