Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Month 2 -- Ask Questions Here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Month 2 -- Ask Questions Here

Please use this TOPIC to ask questions about MONTH 2.
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL
    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

I seem to be missing Tula Pinks Tiny Dots PWTP185.Bluebell in my kit. With whom do I get in touch?
    Penny Siewert

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
      Editing a comment
      Customer Service handles any questions about Store orders. Bluebell is a half yard piece--mine was folded inside other fabrics. Be sure to open all the fabrics in the Kit when looking for specific ones. If you have looked at them all, send an email or all Customer Service, contact info at the bottom of the page.

Originally posted by Teresa987
    The curvature of the lines on the Placement diagrams with all the cirles are not the same as the curves on the stem placement. Which is correct?
    They are exactly the same. See my Month 2 Blog post to see how the pages align.
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL

Comment

Barbara--Thank you for the answer to my question about missing fabric. You were right. It was carefully folded within other fabrics. I should know better than to think the ladies in the shop would make such a mistake. They always do everything so beautifully.

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, people are human, and a company cut the kits but you are not the first person who overlooked it. Glad it was right where it was supposed to be.

Hello Barbara. I have watched the videos and read your blog. Should we still over cut the squares and then true them up after all the appliqué is done. I usually do that so I can be more precise. I will most likely use machine appliqué and not hand sewing. Well you be addressing this and will you be on Friday. Liz
      Elizabeth Anderson
      Cadiz, KY  (near Paducah)

Comment

Originally posted by LizAnderson View Post
        Hello Barbara. I have watched the videos and read your blog. Should we still over cut the squares and then true them up after all the appliqué is done. I usually do that so I can be more precise. I will most likely use machine appliqué and not hand sewing. Well you be addressing this and will you be on Friday. Liz
        The instructions say to cut exactly 10.5". I wished I had cut 11" and trimmed up after applique. BUT that requires careful trimming once done. I will discuss this Friday during the LIVE.
        Barbara Black
        Huntsville AL

Comment

Sorry I put my question in the wrong place. I am having trouble with the bias stems. I had no trouble at all last month using the Hera marker & getting 1/4 inch stems. I am doing exactly the same thing this month & my stems are about 3/16 inch instead. I made sure to not pull or tug either while marking or ironing, but when I went to iron the second side, it didn't meet in the middle, but overlapped. At least they are all consistent, so I'm going to guess it will be OK if they are a bit too narrow. I'm concerned, though, as I can see more stems coming in future areas of the quilt so I'd like to figure out just what I'm doing incorrectly.

Do you have tips & tricks that I should be doing/watching for?

Linda

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
            Editing a comment
            Sounds like you are doing all the correct things.
            Bias is stretchy, some fabrics more than others. Try cutting a piece of bias say 6” wide, then use sizing or starch or Best Press on that hunk of fabric. Spray it, let it soak into the fabric and let it dry a few minutes. Then press to really dry. Cut the 3/4” bias strips from the starched fabric. You might find this gives you good results.
            Some people starch all their fabric to almost cardboard status and say they get great results piecing with it.

In Sarah’s video for month 2 on making circles, she says she will talk about a different method for making the smaller half inch circles later, but does not mention them again. I’m just wondering if there is something yet to come? Did I miss it? This is my first appliqué project. Thanks so much, Barbara, for all you do.

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
            Editing a comment
            I have asked her about that. I will post when I get a reply.

• Joyce H. commented
            Editing a comment
            I have the same question. It looks like we are supposed to make some of those tiny circles for the flower centers but it sounds like there is a different way besides the foil method to do those tiny ones.

• Shelley S. commented
            Editing a comment
            Sarah actually posted another video about the small circles. I watched it yesterday.

Where will I find the two videos that Sarah made regarding month 2 and making stems and circles?

Comment

I have the kit for Homeward Bound but I’m a little confused about which fabrics are for the hollyhocks. Im thinking the strips were cut for all the circles but in case I’m wrong I thought I’d ask….do the strips need to be saved for a later month or can they be used for the circles? Thanks

Comment

• Donna M. commented
              Editing a comment
              Medium Purple Stripe is Tiny Stripes Mystic (four template C) reserve the rest for months 3 and 8
              Medium Purple Spot is Tiny Dots Thistle (four template E) reserve the rest for month 8
              Blue Spot is Tiny Dots Bluebell (four template D) reserve the rest for months 8-10 and 12)
              Dark Purple Spot is Tiny Dots Opal (four of E and four of D)
              Dark Purple Stripe is Tiny Stripes Aster (four of D) reserve the rest for month 8
              Yellow Stripe is Tiny Stripe Sunrise (four of A)
              Yellow Spot it Tiny Dots Flare (eight of A) reserve the rest for month 12
              Orange Spot is Tiny Dots Peachy (four of A) reserve the rest for months 8 and 11
              Orange Stripe is Tiny Stripes Wildfire (eight of A and four of B) reserve the rest for month 12

Originally posted by LynnLHyman View Post
            I have the kit for Homeward Bound but I’m a little confused about which fabrics are for the hollyhocks. Im thinking the strips were cut for all the circles but in case I’m wrong I thought I’d ask….do the strips need to be saved for a later month or can they be used for the circles? Thanks
            Go to the Fabric Requirements List and pull out all the Month 2 fabrics. Use photos of the quilt as a guide for deciding which fabrics you want to use. It doesn't matter which you use for any particular circle.
            Barbara Black
            Huntsville AL

Comment

Originally posted by Donna57225 View Post
              Where will I find the two videos that Sarah made regarding month 2 and making stems and circles?
              Under LEARN, 2023 BOM Homeward Bound. The first page of each month is the Videos, the next tab is Patterns/Documents. So if you found the pattern, you skipped right past the videos.
              Barbara Black
              Huntsville AL

Comment

I have searched and searched for Sarah's videos for months two and cannot find it. Can you show us how to find it or be more specific in the instructions bi read the previous answer and still cannot find it.

Comment

• Shawn Beal. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Make sure you're logged in. I have encountered your same issue, i.e., unable to see the videos, but then I realized I hadn't logged in. Once I logged in, I could see videos and other related postings. Hopefully, this helps.

Originally posted by KayHenningson View Post
                I have searched and searched for Sarah's videos for months two and cannot find it. Can you show us how to find it or be more specific in the instructions bi read the previous answer and still cannot find it.
                The VIDEOS are on the first page of Month 2 as they are each month:

https://thequiltshow.com/learn/categ...-2023-month-02
                Barbara Black
                Huntsville AL

Comment

Dear Barbara
                  Is there any possibility that this beautiful quilt can be made Quilt As You Go? If so, how would you break it down?
                  Would you do the center square and treat the rest as adding borders? Thank you so much.

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I suppose you could make this QAYG. Not my preferred method so it wouldn’t occur to me. I would do the center through month 5/6 then the wide border with pieced borders attached. If you wanted to break it down even more, the outside borders with cabins and striped sections could be separate from the wide appliqué and half square triangle borders.

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1159 users online. 232 members and 927 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,772   Members: 25246   Active Members: 1,500  
                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                X