Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Month 2 -- Show Your Progress Here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Month 2 -- Show Your Progress Here

Please use this TOPIC to show us your progress with Month 2.
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL
    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

When I first began quilting in 2004, I said I would never do applique...it's so fiddly! I was right LOL I'm glad I waited until I retired to attempt this BOM. I fell in love with Homeward Bound. I don't know if it's the colors or the geometric shapes.
    I machine appliqued my stems, using 100 wt thread I have in my stash. These 2 circles are also machine applique. I'm not sure if I'll continue that or attempt hand applique.
    It surprises me that the 4 vine blocks are not paired mirror images.
    Carol in SW Michigan

Comment

• Helen W. commented
      Editing a comment
      Carol, When I look at your block I see the mirror image on the diagonal. Top right and bottom left.
      Bottom right and top left. When just looking at the vines, it seem to give a counterclockwise
      rotation feel to me. Love the purple with the lime green vines. Looking Good!!! HelenW

• Jana B. commented
      Editing a comment
      Lovely work!

• Julie B. commented
      Editing a comment
      Carol, wonderful job so far. I do love your colour of your star and your house. I'm sure your stems will be fine in the end. Because I think it has everything to do with positioning of other appliqued pieces. One thing is for sure I do love your background fabric. I'm not sure what I want to use as yet. Now being an, Australian I did not buy the quilts shows fabric as shipping cost would have been huge! So, I'm giving myself an opportunity later in February to go and look for my backing. I'm still waiting for my bias strips tape too arrive (its 7th Feb) already. Plus, I need a few more bits and I will be almost ready to actually start.

Homeward Bound After Dark...Looks like I might be taking a detour from the original pattern. It is alway fun
    to use up all those scraps from another TQS BOM. HelenW
    PS The GroundHog saw his shadow this morning. That means 6 more weeks of quilting!!!
    Last edited by Helen W.; 02-02-2023, 09:49 AM.

Comment

• Carol G. commented
      Editing a comment
      Helen your center is gorgeous!

• Jana B. commented
      Editing a comment
      Ahhh….very lovely, indeed!

• Julie B. commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, tiny cat and dog. Like the dark version.

Barbara, I am confused about where to find your photos of your progress by month. It is handy to be able to print a larger pic of each block we are working on. Thanks, Connie

Comment

• Carol G. commented
      Editing a comment
      Connie there are close ups of the quilt in the Quilt Gallery. The easiest way I found to get there is to type Homeward Bound in the main search bar, from the main home page. Then choose Quilt Gallery and it is in there. I think there is a heart icon you can click to make it a favorite. Once you bring up 1 of the pictures, on my laptop I just click & it gives a really great closeup!
      Last edited by Carol G.; 02-02-2023, 02:12 PM.

Thank you Carol!

Comment

Done for this month
      Susan Skeel
      Des Moines Iowa

Comment

• Pat D. commented
        Editing a comment
        wow, you've been busy. It looks great

• Julie B. commented
        Editing a comment
        Brilliant start. I'm loving your colours.

Month 2 plus those in Month 3. On to other projects!
      Linda H
      Happy Quilting 

Comment

First week of Feb. progress. It will lay flat after I get finished and pull the tear away stabilizer off the back.
        I treated the center area as a whole cloth. I will cut it to size when I get all the applique done. HelenW

Comment

• Jana B. commented
          Editing a comment
          Great idea about the background cutting.

I completed also all circles, because I was in the flow and I do machine applique, so I got all finished quickly.
        Quilting forever, Housework whenever! 

Comment

• Julie B. commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh, my goodness. Your quilt is looking amazing. Oh, the possibilities in colour. You've given me permission to think! Or dare I say it the lack of colour. Stunning.

• Judith G. commented
          Editing a comment
          I love your colorway! Looking forward to seeing more!

• Kathy Spivey. commented
          Editing a comment
          Wonderful color choice to make the quilt feel very much your own! I look forward to seeing all your months!

Hand sewing mine. Going to take a while...

Comment

• commented
          Editing a comment
          Your colors are just stunning. I absolutely love this.

• Judith G. commented
          Editing a comment
          Hand sewing is my preferred method. Love yours! Time well spent.

• NinaMarie commented
          Editing a comment
          I think it's pretty impressive you got all the circles done and THEN you hand-appliqued them! I did them one by one and I'm thinking it takes longer that way!

All circles are made and glued down, and I sewed one block with transparent thread, then some pretty varigated thread caught my eye and I decided to use a blanket stitch using the varigated thread. It's slow going, but I'll have the other blocks finished in a day or two.
        Ellen Lindow
        Plant City, FL

Comment

• Marilyn M. commented
          Editing a comment
          Beautiful autumn tones in your fabric choices.

• commented
          Editing a comment
          I love your colors and background fabric. Beautiful!

Month 2 complete. Back to other projects for a few weeks....

Comment

Comment

Thank you for the great information about machine applique. I have given it a try and here is the result.
            Theresa Manning, quilter, Vermont

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
              Editing a comment
              Great job!

• NinaMarie commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm really attracted to the palette and background of your project. I'm excited to see where else this is going!

Here’s mine….raw edge machine appliqué.
            Given a choice, Choose Joy……

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1057 users online. 162 members and 895 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,772   Members: 25245   Active Members: 1,507  
            Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
            X