Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Month 1 -- ask questions here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Profile Image
    commented on 's reply
    There is a Sticky Topic providing the information on background fabrics for each of the 5 borders.

• Profile Image
    replied
    Hi Barbara,, Apologize for wasting your valuable time... I finally found the PDF that I was needing to find, Month 1. Very anxious to start it.

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    replied
    I am still having trouble. I watched all the videos & your video in which you point out everything I had questions about earlier before the video was corrected I do understand. You showed a page in which the cutting guides for the house according to fabrics were listed/ Great, But, in trying to find that page after the listed fabric (according to months), it is not there. I really do need it , especially if I decide to draft my own paper pieced house/

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    replied
    Hi Barbara, just wondering, would you be providing your paper piecing template, it looks feasible for me to achieve then piecing.
    Also in your video you advised how much background fabric one needs for each individual border. Would it be possible to provide that please, I can then use up my stash
    I look forward to hearing from you
    Many thanks

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    replied
    Originally posted by beachsewgolf View Post
    I am unable to access videos specifically the Hera marker bias video. I believe my access is shaded out. Thank you for any help.
    Be sure you are logged in as a Star Member. If you are able to View Month 1, you are logged in. On the first screen of month 1 are both Videos. Do you have access to the main video for Month 1? Can you tab over to Patterns/Documents to get the Month 1 pattern?

If you can't access videos or patterns, be sure you are logged in as a Star member and check your Dashboard for your Account information. I sometimes have to log out then back in again to have access.

If this doesn't help, Submit a Ticket, link at the bottom of this page, for assistance.

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    replied
    I am unable to access videos specifically the Hera marker bias video. I believe my access is shaded out. Thank you for any help.

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    replied
    Originally posted by sharongail View Post
    Barb,hope you are much better by now. This is very easy sewing but I am really confused about the pattern Info I printed…info says stitch cabin fabric on top an bottom. The picture shows background is in the window….the picture shows 4 units…how can there be a cabin piece on the bottom? I hope this makes sense.ha.thank you
    I think I understand your question. In Diagram 1 and Diagram 2 what is gray and what is white are reversed. In Diagram 1, the cabin fabric at the top is shaded in gray, and sewn to background shaded white. In Diagram 2, the cabin fabrics are shaded white--there are 3 of those in the row and they are not the same size--read the instructions to see the larger piece is placed in the middle. The background fabrics are shaded gray.

On my blog that posted January 1, I mention this. You will want to read the blog each month for these kind of tips.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com/20...d-month-1.html
    Last edited by Barbara B.; 01-07-2023, 02:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    replied
    Barb,hope you are much better by now. This is very easy sewing but I am really confused about the pattern Info I printed…info says stitch cabin fabric on top an bottom. The picture shows background is in the window….the picture shows 4 units…how can there be a cabin piece on the bottom? I hope this makes sense.ha.thank you

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    replied
    Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    I am new to The Quilt Show & for some reason I cannot find the videos. Can some please help me. Louise
    Be logged in as a Star Member. LEARN, 2023 BOM, you should see Month 1 on the main page of Homeward Bound. Under VIEW there are videos, two this month. Tab over to Patterns/Documents to access the pattern.

To see Sarah’s show, WATCH, 2023 BOM, Watch the Show. Again, you must be logged in as a Star Member.

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    replied
    I am new to The Quilt Show & for some reason I cannot find the videos. Can some please help me. Louise

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    commented on 's reply
    I followed the arrow directions that showed up on my instruction page. I also have a Martelli press thing (don't remember the name of it) that I use when there are multiple seams that get pressed in one spot. It has worked well to get my seams flatter.

• Profile Image
    replied
    Originally posted by sewskeel View Post
    Hey Barb,
    hope you are feeling better.
    about how many yards of 1/4 inch bias tape do we need to make for whole quilt?
    are all stems 1/4 inch?
    thanks for your help.
    Yes, all stems are 1/4” finished. There are about 15 yards total of stems. In the not-so-Live today I mention you need a half yard for the long stems in the third border, the wide appliqué border with the birds. For people using the Kit, they need to save one half yard of stem fabric for that space if they want all the stems there the same.

The Live will be ready for viewing in the next day or so. Sorry for the technical difficulties today.

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    replied
    Thanks Helen
    I see your bottom unit is a little bigger than the other 4. That was my issue
    Thanks again
    Susan Skeel
    Sarah put the bigger piece in the middle of both cabin sections so this is slightly different than hers.

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Helen
    I see your bottom unit is a little bigger than the other 4. That was my issue
    Thanks again
    Susan Skeel

• Profile Image
    replied
    barb
    I have been struggling to draw paper piecing pattern for little house
    Hi Sewskeel, I drew it up in EQ8. If you click on the photos they will enlarge. You should be able to
    see the rulers on top and sides so you know where to draw you lines on graph paper Then the other
    photo is of the units. I add 1/2 inch around each piece for cutting out the fabric. I make an extra copy and then cut the pieces out and draw the half inch around each one. If by posting this I am
    stepping out of bounds, please let me know Barbara. Don't want to cause problems.

I revised the drawing with Barbara note that the bigger patch was in the middle.
    Helen
    Last edited by Helen W.; 01-07-2023, 08:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2251 users online. 114 members and 2137 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,228   Posts: 155,194   Members: 25613   Active Members: 1,198  
Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
X