Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Month 6 — ASK QUESTIONS HERE

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Month 6 — ASK QUESTIONS HERE

Please use this Topic to ask questions about Month 6.
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL
    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Barbara, I wanted to precut the appliqué vase background fabric for the upcoming months before I start on the shoo fly block. What is the size of the backgrounds for the skinny vases? Thank you.

Comment

[QUOTE=teresews;n893448]Barbara, I wanted to precut the appliqué vase background fabric for the upcoming months before I start on the shoo fly block. What is the size of the backgrounds for the skinny vases? Thank you.[/QUOTE]

Tere, the skinny vases made in months 10 and 11 start with backgrounds cut 16" x 8".

I will create a separate post with this info so anyone who wants to know can find it.
      Barbara Black
      Huntsville AL

Comment

I am not finding the pattern under the applique file tab. There is only one page of instructions. What am I doing wrong?

Comment

[QUOTE=Wendy39;n893451]I am not finding the pattern under the applique file tab. There is only one page of instructions. What am I doing wrong?
          [/QUOTE]

Patterns/Documents — there are four files to download. Some are instructions, one is the appliqué pattern, just like each month. Open all four, download any you want to print.
          Barbara Black
          Huntsville AL

Comment

Is there to get a picture of the entire quilt? I am using my own fabrics, but want it similar to original

Comment

[QUOTE=suesinger;n893454]Is there to get a picture of the entire quilt? I am using my own fabrics, but want it similar to original[/QUOTE]

On the first page of the Introduction you can click to find photos of Irene’s quilt, showing the monthly breakouts.

My blog has lots of photos of my sample quilt. Here are both of them.
              Barbara Black
              Huntsville AL

Comment

I’m thinking about strip piecing the background and green piece in the shoo fly block
                Elizabeth Anderson
                Cadiz, KY  (near Paducah)

Comment

[QUOTE=LizAnderson;n893458]I’m thinking about strip piecing the background and green piece in the shoo fly block[/QUOTE]

You certainly could do this--your math is correct--and this would speed up that middle row considerably. Longer strips would give you more of them, but I prefer to work with shorter strips as you have shown here.
                  Barbara Black
                  Huntsville AL

Comment

• Elizabeth A. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Worked out well. I did 4 strips. You’re correct…. Longer strips curve on me. I also did 5” background squares with 16 colored squares. Sewed the diag and then cut apart. I’m doing all 4 shoo flys first.
                    Last edited by Elizabeth A.; 06-03-2022, 08:53 AM.

Barbara, I am getting ready to start BOM...so excited. I have been printing out the instructions as they come out and watching your teaching videos. My notebook is ready, except I don't find where I can print the cover picture of the finished quilt for the front of my notebook. Can you please direct me to where I might find it. Thanks again for leading us thru beautiful project.

Comment

I'm making the quilt out of my scrap bins and I would like to know what size to cut fabric for diamonds so I can quit dragging the scrapes out every month. I will be piecing my border. Also how many diamonds, I want to make each one different. Thanks

Comment

[QUOTE=myrnarae327;n893473]I'm making the quilt out of my scrap bins and I would like to know what size to cut fabric for diamonds so I can quit dragging the scrapes out every month. I will be piecing my border. Also how many diamonds, I want to make each one different. Thanks[/QUOTE]

For piecing the diamond borders, the 60 degree diamonds are cut from 3 1/8" strips. The FINISHED Diamonds are 3" wide across the middle and 5.25" tall. There are 84 total diamonds.

I like your idea of having each one different--I have lots of repeats.
                      Barbara Black
                      Huntsville AL

Comment

[QUOTE=Okiequilter;n893466]Barbara, I am getting ready to start BOM...so excited. I have been printing out the instructions as they come out and watching your teaching videos. My notebook is ready, except I don't find where I can print the cover picture of the finished quilt for the front of my notebook. Can you please direct me to where I might find it. Thanks again for leading us thru beautiful project. [/QUOTE]

On the Introduction page there is a LINK to a full size photo of the entire quilt, showing the monthly layout. Find it here:

[url]https://thequiltshow.com/learn/category/block-of-the-month-classroom/2022-garden-party-down-under/garden-party-down-under-bom-2022-introduction-fabric-requirements-resource-guide-monthly-layout-guide[/url]
                        Barbara Black
                        Huntsville AL

Comment

• Leslie R. commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Got it! Thanks again. It has been a pleasure getting to spend time with you on your videos. You are a fantastic teacher!

[QUOTE=Okiequilter;n893476]Got it! Thanks again. It has been a pleasure getting to spend time with you on your videos. You are a fantastic teacher![/QUOTE]

Wow, Leslie, thank you so much! If I didn't do the blog and LIVES and videos, you would have only the pattern instructions to go on. Glad to help.
                        Barbara Black
                        Huntsville AL

Comment

[QUOTE=LizAnderson;n893464]Worked out well. I did 4 strips. You’re correct…. Longer strips curve on me. I also did 5” background squares with 16 colored squares. Sewed the diag and then cut apart. I’m doing all 4 shoo flys first.[/QUOTE]

Great idea! Someone mentioned this on the LIVE today where I shared your photo of the middle row. Since I had cut all the colored squares 2.5" already, I couldn't do that but it certainly makes sense and would speed up the process a lot.

Thanks so much for sharing--you have helped many with your photo.
                          Barbara Black
                          Huntsville AL

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1076 users online. 181 members and 895 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,768   Members: 25244   Active Members: 1,511  
                          Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                          X