Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

MONTH 2 —Show Your Progress HERE

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MONTH 2 —Show Your Progress HERE

Please use THIS TOPIC to share your progress on Month 2.
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL
    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

I have my 2 side applique border for month 2 cut out. I am going with a wider version of the border and my Idaho
    idea of Garden Party. If you can't see the side borders click on the picture to enlarge and show entire borders.
    HelenW

Comment

• Sally W. commented
      Editing a comment
      I love your interpertation of the design. How are you completely each section so quickly? Raw edge, fusible, machine or hand?

• Marge P. commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful!

• Suzanne F. commented
      Editing a comment
      Absolutely beautiful! Helen, I think you mentioned you are using a book with bird appliques as reference. Would you be willing to share the title?

Love the corners
    Becky Jo

Comment

Finished on the last day of January, hope next month will go faster.

Comment

• Molly A. commented
        Editing a comment
        I like your dark background. Mine (which I plan to post as soon as I am done Block 2) is also dark. I like the way they use the pattern with quite a different effect than a light background.

• jptousley commented
        Editing a comment
        Love your dark background! The colors really pop!

Peg, What a great compliment. Thank you. No painting, or cutting out the figures from commercial fabric. If I could
      paint, I would probably do that because I love details. I have yet to learn that technique. I am using mainly my stash, bought
      the background fabric, but otherwise just using scraps from all my color bags. That is how I keep my little left over pieces
      I know I can use as a petal in a flower or a bird wing. I just have 2 1/2 gallon Hefty ziplock bags, and since they are clear,
      I can usually see the fabric I want color and piece I want without a lot of trouble . I am not against cutting items out of fabric if they are just
      what I am looking for. I am doing raw edge applique and machine stitching them down with a 1.0-1.0 zig zag stitch.
      I usually use patterns pieces from a number of patterns I have done in the past and just resize to fit what I am doing.
      HelenW

Comment

• Peg commented
        Editing a comment
        I didn't see this until I wrote comment on later post- I'm doing turned edge appliqué and hand sewing (bought 80wt bobbin collection from TQS and it is working so much better than 50wt- almost invisible). I like the hand work. I've done a lot of raw edge too and enjoy that for smaller projects. I'm going to try some raw edge appliqué quilting (have Gina Perkins book)- 2 things done at once. I've done a little on some totes and like the effect, esp when using foam. I so enjoy seeing you take off in a different direction from the inspiration provided by Alex!

Sally W, How I get it done so quickly, is that it is not done. I still have all the edge stitching to do on the two side borders.
      I started them the last week of Jan. because I knew I was not doing the original pattern, and that the length needed to be
      23 inches, but to fit my bird houses in I would need to make the borders wider. So I am going with 7 1/2 inches wide.
      I have tweaked my technique to make it faster than tracing all the pieces on my steam a seam. I trace onto freezer paper
      or in some cases print from the printer onto freezer paper. Then I put steam a seam on the back of the fabric I pick to use
      and iron the freezer paper design to the front. I don't have to reverse the image since it is going on the front of the fabric.
      Also, I can use the freezer paper image for repeats. Notice I have used the same flowers and berries and leaves in different
      locations on the borders. My typical morning includes 1 or 2 hours of quilting. I usually try to get one little section done at
      least. On my top border I did the sunflowers one morning, and yesterday I made my bird house scene.(see attached photo) Some times I get
      more time, some times less, but I like to do a little each day.
      CLICK ON PICTURES TO SEE FULL BORDERS
      Last edited by Helen W.; 02-06-2022, 06:48 AM.

Comment

• Sally W. commented
        Editing a comment
        Helen, thank you so much for sharing your process. This is my first applique project and I love the hand sewing. I did get bogged down transferring the design to fabric, while maintaining the integrerity of the fabric shape. I like the freezer paper on the front and steam a seam on the back. Love your design and cannot wait to see it develop through 2022.

I do not own the large circles so I decided to treat it as I would the rest of my appliqué. I pressed it on before I sewed to add some stabilization. Thanks Barbara for all the tips and videos. It helps a lot!
      Elizabeth Anderson
      Cadiz, KY  (near Paducah)

Comment

Suzanne F. For my birds I am using both Carol Armstong's book Wild Birds for Applique and Quilt Designs and McKenna
        Ryans patterns for Home Tweet Home. McKenna patterns for the Home Tweet Home are now retired, but I bought them a long time ago. I love using patterns
        over and over again in various forms. HelenW

Comment

I am so pleased with the result. I added a Tula Pink butterfly!
          Elizabeth Anderson
          Cadiz, KY  (near Paducah)

Comment

• Jina K. commented
            Editing a comment
            That looks so pretty. Love the butterfly! You also might want to look at the top right corner one more time.

• Elizabeth A. commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep , Lol…. Just noticed that. I’ll be picking out that corner!

• Marge P. commented
            Editing a comment
            Your piece is beautiful!

Really beautiful!

Comment

I'm having a slow start and just printed months 1 and 2. Though I became a Star Member in March many years ago and shouldn't have to renew until March, every time I went to print it told me I had to be a Star Member. After contacting them with prompt answer but no change I decided to just renew and be done with it. If you can tell I'm a little upset but shouldn't be, it is a small thing but sometimes they are what bugs us the most. :confused:

Comment

• Shannon K. commented
              Editing a comment
              I've had this happen. I have better luck on my desktop computer. This site is mostly unusable on my iphone. It doesn't seem to recognize my login from my iphone browser. Very frustrating.

[QUOTE=karonray;n891831]I'm having a slow start and just printed months 1 and 2. Though I became a Star Member in March many years ago and shouldn't have to renew until March, every time I went to print it told me I had to be a Star Member. After contacting them with prompt answer but no change I decided to just renew and be done with it. If you can tell I'm a little upset but shouldn't be, it is a small thing but sometimes they are what bugs us the most. :confused: [/QUOTE]

Karon, contact Customer Service for Account problems. They really want to help. If someone on the phone or by email can't correct your account, email John Anderson: [email][email protected][/email] We don't want any Star Member to have trouble with their account.

Contact info for phone and email is at the bottom of this page.
            Barbara Black
            Huntsville AL
            https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
            "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Month 2 done! Loving the process and now the long wait until March 1st! The applique was easier this month, so I think I'm getting the hang of it. Thanks Barbara for all the hints and videos - they really do help.

Comment

Having info to do the sawtooth ahead of time was great- thank you Barbara! All went well. I have very little wall space in my condo so made a design wall by tacking a 60" wide x 72" long piece of felt across the top of my bookcases (fabric cases !). I made a sleeve for a wooden rod at the bottom to pull it down, made 6 tabs with velcro that will hold it up and out of the way when not used. As it is not completely taut I need to pin things up but it works! It was invaluable when doing this month to keep me from turning the sawtooth and baskets the wrong way and balancing out the colors I used.

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  A design wall is so helpful and making one that works for you is the best. Great job!

• Deb G. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Love your color choices. They are so vibrant - even the leaves! Very nice!

Comment

• Kyle I. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I love the pattern. Easy to follow. Thank you for the helpful videos!

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1053 users online. 179 members and 874 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,768   Members: 25244   Active Members: 1,511  
              Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
              X