Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

MONTH 1 -- Show Progress Here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[[email protected];n891246]My Garden done in Japanese woven, next trim and add dog tooth edge.[/QUOTE]

Might be my favorite version so far. Love those fabrics!
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL
    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

My first section finished. I learned a lot.
      JET

Comment

• Pamela commented
        Editing a comment
        Really like the bird on the branch, nice addition.

Comment

• Pamela F. commented
        Editing a comment
        My first appliqué and paper piecing project! I’m thrilled with all that I learned and while I see areas that I can improve on with future blocks, my friends and family are thrilled with how this turned out.

• Barbara B. commented
        Editing a comment
        I love those tiny embroidered stems! Beautiful block.

[QUOTE=Lynnanne;n891266]Helen, it’s coming along so beautifully. I’m amazed by how you get so much done and still find time to dedicate to everyone on the forum! (And shovel snow!)[/QUOTE]

Lynnanne, Thanks for the compliment. It is so much fun just to play "ADD ON" and see what happens. I am one of those quilters
      that use small amounts of time to my advantage. I am not one who can quilt for hours on end. I can do my best work if I kept it
      to less than an hour at a time. I am a creature of habits. I exercise every day, next to no exceptions and I quilt almost every day.
      It doesn't have to be a lot of time, and it all adds up. And don't think that shoveling snow is a chore. My mind is coming up
      with great quilt ideas as I work and since I work out every morning anyway, I don't get sore or injured from the weight . And as far as the helping out or complimenting other quilters, I have never met a quilter I did not
      like. And I know they don't ask the question without hoping someone will answer it. It you like something, say something. If you
      can help out, give your free advice. Hope you get a chance to make a bunch of beautiful quilts this year. HelenW

Comment

• Lynnanne commented
        Editing a comment
        You’re so right. Now more than ever people want to feel part of a community. You are doing a great job and I admire how you organize your life so well.

I finally finished. Needle turned appliqué is tuff, but I am determined.

Comment

Hi Ladies, as normal, I'm just getting started. I'm always the last in line. I'm starting to choose colors now. I'm at the ranch, so my big stash of fabrics are in town. So instead of waiting for another trip to town, I'm starting with what's here. Only Kaffe fab. But my fav anyway. So here's my start. It will be colorful.

Comment

• Rebecca C. commented
          Editing a comment
          you're not the last to start... I bought the fabric kit, but I am not home and haven't been for most of January. I will have to start when I get back there. I did print out the first pattern pieces. But that's as far as I've gotten so far. Fun to see everyone's work.

So happy to be done!

Comment

• Ellen L. commented
          Editing a comment
          That looks great! I love the orange centers on the blue flowers. They look so happy. And your stripes on the stem for the berries looks fantastic. I got home yesterday and started seriously working on mine. Hope to have it finished by Monday.

My first block is finished. I used turned edge machine applique. I used Karen K. Buckley’s method. I really enjoyed putting this block together and can not wait until our next month’s block

Comment

Finished with Month 1, but might go back in later and do some embroidery embellishment. Starting my version of Month 2.
          I have invited McKenna Ryans bird houses to my Garden Party this month. Having sew much fun!!! HelenW

Comment

Month one is finished. I will add buttons to some of the flowers after it is quilted.
            This was a great way to try the technique of using Print and Piece Fuse Lite for the applique motifs. I plan to go back to needle turn as I find it faster and less tedious, only because I have been doing it for years. I will say, however, that Karen Kay Buckley Perfect Circles worked like a charm. I had never used them before and will continue to do so. Quick and easy with great results.
            Bonnie Goodrich
            No matter where I roam,
            Montana is my home.

Comment

• Helen W. commented
              Editing a comment
              Bonnie, Get in a habit of clicking on the photos. Most of them get partially cut off, but when you click on them it enlarges the whole picture. I saw the bottom border. Yes, it is there. Good job. Great selection of fabric colors. HelenW

For some reason, the photo was cut off when it uploaded. Trust me, there is a lower sawtooth border.
            Bonnie Goodrich
            No matter where I roam,
            Montana is my home.

Comment

• Ellen L. commented
              Editing a comment
              It's there. Just not on the thumbnail. Looks great!

Just got home from 10 days away. Today was cold and rainy, something Florida girls are not used to. I stuck to my sewing machine and watched Earth vs the Flying Saucers, among other vintage TV.
            Ellen Lindow
            Plant City, FL

Comment

Comment

Just finished block 1. I hope I can continue to keep up.

Comment

month one done!

Comment

• kelly u. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    if you click on it you can see it right side up

• Eula M. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Love your fabrics

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1064 users online. 158 members and 906 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,772   Members: 25245   Active Members: 1,507  
                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                X