Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Let’s get ready!

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let’s get ready!

Garden Party Down Under starts in less than a week. I can hardly wait!

Here are some helpful tips on how you can prepare:

[URL="https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com/2021/12/garden-party-down-under-get-ready.html"]https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com/20...get-ready.html[/URL]

Go to my blog bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com Today's post is the Get Ready post.

AND there is a LIVE broadcast tomorrow Monday December 27, 2021, noon Central time, where I will discuss these things, show you the center block of my NEW version using the Kit Fabrics, and answer your questions. It will be recorded and available directly from the first page of the 2022 BOM section under LEARN. Hope to see you there!
    Last edited by Barbara B.; 12-26-2021, 07:55 AM.
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL
    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

I have pre-washed all the fabric and pressed it. I am wondering what is the best way to keep this collection in a somewhat organized manner? It probably wouldn't matter much if I only did one project at a time but I tend to have several things at all different stages going on at once.

Comment

• Peg commented
      Editing a comment
      Kennye,
      For organizing fabrics for a project like this- where I will be using fabrics repeatedly in different blocks- I cut 4" strips for each of the printed and background fabrics (I'm doing a collection of scrappy whites for backgrounds). For month One I cut the triangles for the borders and made petals and leaves as needed from these strips. As I progress with the quilt, if one strip gets shorter I know I've used that fabric a lot and look to other choices to balance usage in the overall quilt. I also use well-washed takeout containers to hold the strips, smaller bits, etc. to organize on my work space. One container holds all the stem fabrics cut into a bias triangle from a 15"sq. I have pre-made a bunch of stems to grab and go. With this strip method I'm not handling larger cuts of fabric and cutting bits of the edges. They can stay in a pile off to the side.

[QUOTE=Kbjarrett;n890332]I have pre-washed all the fabric and pressed it. I am wondering what is the best way to keep this collection in a somewhat organized manner? It probably wouldn't matter much if I only did one project at a time but I tend to have several things at all different stages going on at once. [/QUOTE]

Kennye J. I like using a notebook with dividers for the patterns and notes I take, and plastic totes for the fabrics. Within the tote you can use the 12 inch square by about 3 inch high plastic containers for like applique blocks to keep them separated. Also, I like
    using the 2 1/2 Hefty zip lock bags that you can get at Walmart. You can use cardboard squares to sandwich the blocks to
    you don't have to reiron them when you take them out of the zip locks. HelenW

Comment

[QUOTE=Kbjarrett;n890332]I have pre-washed all the fabric and pressed it. I am wondering what is the best way to keep this collection in a somewhat organized manner? It probably wouldn't matter much if I only did one project at a time but I tend to have several things at all different stages going on at once. [/QUOTE]

Keeping your fabrics in color families will be helpful. When you are selecting fabrics each month, you can decide "this is a blue flower" and "these leaves will be this green" etc.
      Barbara Black
      Huntsville AL

Comment

I don’t know if my idea would help anyone, but here goes. I laminated pages 11 and 12, cut them out and I’m going to use them to trace patterns.
        Susan Skeel
        Des Moines Iowa

Comment

[QUOTE=sewskeel;n890452]I don’t know if my idea would help anyone, but here goes. I laminated pages 11 and 12, cut them out and I’m going to use them to trace patterns.[/QUOTE]

That will probably help some. Irene's instructions say to use the Pattern, not the templates, for tracing. The two template pages made it easy for me to measure the sizes I would need for each shape and the count of how many of each shape were needed.

The actual tracing for hand applique she says to do from the full size pattern. That is what I did for the few shapes I needed that I didn't get when I didn't print pages 7,8 and 11 of Print & Piece Fuse Lite.
          Barbara Black
          Huntsville AL

Comment

• Frieda I. commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't see a link to post my photo of the completed first month block. Where is it? Frieda

• Azenath W. commented
            Editing a comment
            confused, so don't use the template sheets for templates? sorry kinda late but just now saving all patterns.
            2nd question: will your tip videos be available after 2022?

[QUOTE=friedapickett;n891087]I don't see a link to post my photo of the completed first month block. Where is it? Frieda[/QUOTE]

Month 1 — Show Progress Here. I moved your post there. Please don’t start a new Topic when one is already set up. Each month will have its own Show Your Progress Here Topic.
          Barbara Black
          Huntsville AL

Comment

[[email protected];n894493]confused, so don't use the template sheets for templates? sorry kinda late but just now saving all patterns.
            2nd question: will your tip videos be available after 2022?[/QUOTE]

You can use the template sheets if you prefer. The instructions lead one to think you should use the pattern.

Yes, my videos will remain available going forward.
            Barbara Black
            Huntsville AL

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1022 users online. 148 members and 874 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,772   Members: 25245   Active Members: 1,507  
            Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
            X