Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

MONTH 10--Little Houses in the City--Show Your Progress Here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MONTH 10--Little Houses in the City--Show Your Progress Here

Please use THIS TOPIC so how off your Little Houses in the City. Some folks are personalizing their Little Houses to represent homes they have loved.
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL
    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Finished Color My World borders. No it does not look much like Wendy's pattern, but sure had fun doing it.
    Still have a little edge stitching and then to start thinking about how to quilt it. HelenW

Comment

• Brenda Niebuhr. commented
      Editing a comment
      I love this. The black background set it all off so beautifully!

• Dorothy P. commented
      Editing a comment
      Really beautiful The colors just pop.

• Georgianne M. commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful, I love your fabric choices and the border is perfection.

Thank you, Barbara, for the shoutout during today’s live show. Since I’m coloring outside the box with my BOM, I had already built two houses in the city—one our current house and the other our previous home. When these are attached to my wholecloth linen background, I’ll add landscaping to include bushes, flowers, a rock wall, trees along with our fur baby who has lived in those two houses.

Again, thank you to TQS and all the wonderful members who have given me inspiration and encouragement with this journey.
    Carole B. aka nhbaskets

Comment

Well, I'm going to eventually catch up because I got stuck on compass. Great new website. Need to print patterns. Will your videos be available after 12/31/21?

Comment

Originally posted by BleuRose View Post
        Well, I'm going to eventually catch up because I got stuck on compass. Great new website. Need to print patterns. Will your videos be available after 12/31/21?
        Yes, I have been told they will. My blogs remain available as well.
        Barbara Black
        Huntsville AL

Comment

Here’s my progress on small houses - did one “custom design” of our house and since it turned out so well may do a couple more of former houses! I also dropped one chimney from the CYW small house block. Have also done my custom skyscraper of our Peace Tower (Ottawa) and have it in place on the design wall. Am very pleased with my progress considering I only started late July.

Comment

• Sandra Hand. commented
            Editing a comment
            Love your custom touches! I was thinking about doing the Peace Tower, CN Tower and Calgary Tower but don’t know how to get started. Any suggestions?

• Mary J. commented
            Editing a comment
            I love your “custom houses!

• Deborah W. commented
            Editing a comment
            Love your quilt. The background is wonderful. Did you find a paper piecing pattern for the Peace Tower. I wanted to put that in my quilt too but haven't been able to find a pattern for it nor have I been able to work out making my own.

Getting close!

Comment

Still in progress but I am thinking ..Spring Summer Fall Winter themes

Comment

Added embroidery of towns where I live and my children
              Elizabeth Anderson
              Cadiz, KY  (near Paducah)

Comment

I have forgotten how to find the pattern for each month. I need to download and print Month 10. Please advise. Also, where are the tutorials located on the website? I watched some earlier ones, but want to watch the block 2 tutorial. Please advise. Frieda Pickett

Comment

• Marge S. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I am looking for the patterns I have them up to month 8 and then lost track due to a family medical emergency please advise

Originally posted by friedapickett View Post
                I have forgotten how to find the pattern for each month. I need to download and print Month 10. Please advise. Also, where are the tutorials located on the website? I watched some earlier ones, but want to watch the block 2 tutorial. Please advise. Frieda Pickett
                Go to LEARN, BLOCK OF THE MONTH. Each month there are videos and documents, select the section you want.
                Barbara Black
                Huntsville AL

Comment

Completed my little houses in the city and now am getting even more excited to complete the next blocks. Can't wait.
                  Lynda Bruce

Comment

Finished my little houses in the city - looking forward to the skyscrapers next month and putting this all together.
                    Last edited by cawoo; 10-06-2021, 10:57 AM. Reason: having trouble uploading picture - it is going in a attachment rather than image. will try new post

Comment

See how one student adapted Little Houses in the City to use fewer seams:

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com/20...offerings.html
                      Barbara Black
                      Huntsville AL

Comment

Loved this pattern and my fist attempt at freezer paper piecing! Such fun. Couldn’t wait for each months new pattern to arrive!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1007 users online. 156 members and 851 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,768   Members: 25245   Active Members: 1,507  
                        Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                        X