Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Color My World Quilting Ideas

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Color My World Quilting Ideas

Will there be any suggestions about how to quilt the finished quilt? I'm also guessing there will be instructions to putting the boarder on the quilt. Is that correct? Thanks
    Ann

Yes, I will do a blog in December showing how I quilted the sample quilt and other suggestions for quilting.

The month 12 pattern contains assembly instructions.
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL
    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

How do I convert this pattern into a wool pattern?

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
        The only person I know that is doing it in wool felt is Carole B. She has a lot of posts on her progress. She is creating
        her own patterns for the tall houses, but has a lot of the the stuff like the mariners compass and other houses in her posts.
        She is doing it on a whole cloth linen piece of fabric. That would be the easiest and just treat all pieces as applique on
        the whole cloth. No one is probably going to help you because what you want to do is not the Block of Month pattern
        that The Quilt Show is doing. I am doing flannel applique on a whole cloth piece of background fabric. This picture is what mine
        is looking like. Describe how you want to do yours and maybe I can give you some suggestions. HelenW

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
          As Helen W. mentioned, I'm doing this as a wholecloth quilt using wool felt on linen. I have had someone on a Facebook group approach me and I've shared my patterns for the compass and small houses. These are at 65% of the original BOM pattern. If you are interested, message me through TQS with your email address and I'd be happy to share. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4039.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.01 MB ID:	887350
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Barbara B.; 08-15-2021, 09:25 AM.
          Carole Berry

Comment

• Robin B. commented
            Editing a comment
            Absolutely gorgeous!

• Paola B. commented
            Editing a comment
            It's beautiful!!! I am almost finished doing my first ever wool applique quilt in a sew-along. Such fun and so cute and charming.. Yours is absolutely beautiful! congratulations!!!

• Pat C. commented
            Editing a comment
            I would love your quilt-making info! Thank you!
            [email protected]

Originally posted by nhbaskets View Post

As Helen W. mentioned, I'm doing this as a wholecloth quilt using wool felt on linen. I have had someone on a Facebook group approach me and I've shared my patterns for the compass and small houses. These are at 65% of the original BOM pattern. If you are interested, message me through TQS with your email address and I'd be happy to share. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4039.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.01 MB ID:	887350
          Carole B. As I hoped you came to the rescue. You are so wonderful and thoughtful to share. I have been doing the kaleidoscope
          quilt class that Ricky has been teaching, so have not worked on my BOM lately. Hope you are having a good summer. All my outside projects have gone up in Smoke. It has been too smokey to go outside, plus temps are near the triple digit range lately. But that
          does give me time to quilt, which next to never happens in the summer. HelenW

PS Every time I see your quilt pictures it makes me smile!!!
          Last edited by Helen W.; 08-15-2021, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Getting back to my project, I see that you said we could piece our buildings together, 1,2,3,4. Did I
            miss a building as we only have three???
            Thanks,
            Jane

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
              Editing a comment
              Tall buildings #4 come out September 1

Referring to my prior question looking for house number 4, I haven't done the "house" pattern.
            Has that come out yet?
            Jane

Comment

Barbara, would you post a picture of your finished quilt? I know you are planning on instructions for final quilting in a few months, but I'm trying to plan ahead for final quilting and I think that I could do some embellishments before final sandwich is constructed... for example window panes and house numbers. thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by susanmcdonald View Post
                Barbara, would you post a picture of your finished quilt? I know you are planning on instructions for final quilting in a few months, but I'm trying to plan ahead for final quilting and I think that I could do some embellishments before final sandwich is constructed... for example window panes and house numbers. thank you.
                Susan, here is mine.
                Barbara Black
                Huntsville AL

Comment

• susanmcdonald commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you. I appreciate it very much. It has given me more ideas on mine!

Has anyone else just started their quilt?

Comment

• quiltjazz1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I am just starting small houses 3 and 4. I did the mariner’s compass and houses 1 and 2. Had another gift quilt to finish first.

• NANCY-KATHARYN M. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I had begun, washing fabrics, cutting off strings :[ ironed parts for the 1st month. Life with 94 year old parent has gotten pushed to my current priority.
                  All fabrics & print outs for months 1 & 2 are in page protectors in my 3" ring red notebook. Alas, it still stands on my desk, waiting for the printouts of all of the rest of the months. Fabrics are safe, but only being glanced at, as I pass by; for now.
                  Still excited to begin... when God plans it; I tried to plan it & he laughed!!!
                  Thanks for asking!

Originally posted by PaolaRB View Post
                It's beautiful!!! I am almost finished doing my first ever wool applique quilt in a sew-along. Such fun and so cute and charming.. Yours is absolutely beautiful! congratulations!!!
                Thank you!
                Carole Berry

Comment

Originally posted by JoybyRobin View Post
                  Absolutely gorgeous!
                  Thanks!
                  Carole Berry

Comment

Originally posted by Nancyqm View Post
                    I had begun, washing fabrics, cutting off strings :[ ironed parts for the 1st month. Life with 94 year old parent has gotten pushed to my current priority.
                    All fabrics & print outs for months 1 & 2 are in page protectors in my 3" ring red notebook. Alas, it still stands on my desk, waiting for the printouts of all of the rest of the months. Fabrics are safe, but only being glanced at, as I pass by; for now.
                    Still excited to begin... when God plans it; I tried to plan it & he laughed!!!
                    Thanks for asking!
                    Make sure you print all patterns by December 31, 2021. After that they are gone from The Quilt Show and you will have to buy them from the designer.
                    Barbara Black
                    Huntsville AL

Comment

Hello Barbara and quilting friends. I'm so proud of the results so far. This quilt is my most beautiful experience in quilting. Can't wait for the other patterns to come.
                      Take care !
                      Bonita

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1996 users online. 169 members and 1827 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                      Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                      X