Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Pattern - Color My World

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pattern - Color My World

I have the kit and want to make Color My World, but think it is a bit to big for my wall. Will it be possible to reduce the pattern size when printing the pattern? Is that something you would do?
    Starts
    08-05-2021
    Ends
    08-05-2021

does the narrow end of shadow go on the bottom of tall building 3, right side? i cant tell from the picturre.

Comment

Originally posted by sharongail View Post
      does the narrow end of shadow go on the bottom of tall building 3, right side? i cant tell from the picturre.
      Yes, narrow at bottom.
      Barbara Black
      Huntsville AL
      https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
      "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Originally posted by Liv Saetervoll-liv View Post
        I have the kit and want to make Color My World, but think it is a bit to big for my wall. Will it be possible to reduce the pattern size when printing the pattern? Is that something you would do?
        I would not but several people have. You have to be aware the patterns include seam allowances so when you printed them smaller by a percentage the seam allowances are changed.

if you are willing to make adjustments as you create the quilt, adding pieces if needed, for example, great.

hopefully, some who have downsized will comment for you here.
        Barbara Black
        Huntsville AL

Comment

Liv, Have you been quilting for a while or are you rather new to this wonderful hobby? It has been a challenge to some since it
          is circular and getting the 360 degrees to make it lay flat is important. I am making a 60% size whole cloth with lots of my own
          ideas so I am not the best to give advice on any problems that might come up if you downsize the original pattern.Taking time out right now to work on other projects like Ricky's Kool Kaleidoscope. If I were doing the paper pieced
          method I would print the entire set of patterns to date at regular size making sure that your 1" is accurate or all kinds of issues can come
          up. Then I would set your printer to Custom Size and type in the % you want to make.Like 60%. I would print them all out without changing
          the setting between months from your original set you printed. Then I would draw a new quarter inch seam allowance on all the pieces in a different color than
          black so you don't forget you changed it. Then I would start the quilt. Take the time to go back thru all the forum posts and write
          notes when you see posts that you think might help you.Also be sure to watch all Barbara Blacks Live videos and read her blog for the month updates she wrote to help us out. She knows this quilt inside out and backwards. No better source on how it works, but she has made it known that she advises to stitch to the original pattern. Also, remember that you could make it 9 inches smaller just by not putting a border on it. Make the square with the houses and just bind that. I am always willing to give advice if I think I have suggestions that help you. Just ask the questions in the forum. I made applique, otherwise I would have a lot more advice. Here is a picture of mine. HelenW
          Last edited by Helen W.; 08-06-2021, 07:19 AM.

Comment

• Liv Saetervoll. commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you for your nice comment and picture of your amazing quilt. I will use your advice. Yes, I am an experienced quilter. I live in Norway an have been a quilter for more than 20 years. But this freeze paper method is new for me and so reducing pattern by my printer. Good luck with your quilt.
            Liv

• Pegi C. commented
            Editing a comment
            I wish I had thought to do it in applique~ I've done paper piecing in the past but this one is a duzy for me. When I do the top buildings, would I just use the same templates? Thanks for the photo.

• Patricia Greytak. commented
            Editing a comment
            Beautiful! I love when people make the pattern their own. Great job.

Liv, Have you done foundation paper piecing before? You can always do that instead of using the freezer paper method, if you
          don't want to add one more variable to the changes you plan to make. If you have not done paper piecing before it will be easier
          just to learn this method since Barbara Black has all the tips and tricks on how to do it. It is amazing that you are in Norway, and
          I am in Idaho, USA and we are working on the same project. Good luck, and don't hesitate to post questions when or if you need
          some help. HelenW

Comment

Cancel cry for help.....I found the pattern thank you!!!
            please help. I am not finding where to download the pattern for Color My World. I am a star member. Thank You!
            Last edited by Judith (.; 08-11-2021, 03:18 PM.

Comment

i need help to get pattern i have try ever way that i was told to do and nothing show up for pattern

Comment

Originally posted by memekaye View Post
                i need help to get pattern i have try ever way that i was told to do and nothing show up for pattern
                Memekaye, Make sure you are signed in as a star member. I took 3 screenshot of what you should see and do. HelenW

Comment

Is it too late to start? I can't find the patterns. I am a star member.

Comment

Originally posted by MsHeirloom View Post
                    Is it too late to start? I can't find the patterns. I am a star member.
                    Absolutely not too late to start. Be certain to print/download ALL the patterns from month 1-12 now because they will no longer be available after December 31, 2021.

The videos, LIVE broadcasts and all my blogs will remain available.
                    Barbara Black
                    Huntsville AL

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1945 users online. 154 members and 1791 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25584   Active Members: 1,288  
                    Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                    X