Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Tall buildings--show your progress here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nhbaskets View Post

Update: I've built some tall buildings, a skyscraper and a little house in the city over the past week. Glad I decided to keep with the same color palette as used in the small houses. Buildings are restaurants and shop close to our home. The corner skyscraper is City Hall in our town and the little house is our current home. Our dog, Bingo will probably be added looking out of one of the windows, but holding off until I determine the road. Since I'm designing these from scratch, my plan is to work in eight sections to complete the outer circle. I plan on having 24 buildings (3 in each of the 8 section) rather than 32 buildings. There will probably be a few bridges thrown into the mix. Having too much fun!
    Carole B, I noticed your name on the comments sidebar for Alex Anderson Paper Piecing Intro. If you want to learn a technique
    that you will just love, love, love and makes you look like an experienced quilter without putting in the years, this is a class you
    should do. Just learn to thread your machine and wind a bobbin and how to change the length of stitches down to 1.5 length
    and you will be good to go. I plan to make the blocks and put them with some other UFO stuff rather than making the cute small
    quilt Alex designed. You will need to get the add a quarter ruler and I would get the vellum paper, it is so nice to see thru the
    paper. I will be watching to see if you decide to jump in the deep end of the pool.
    I would have put this post in the Alex Anderson topic, but I did not know if you would see it, and I figure you
    are sure to see it here. HelenW

Comment

• Carole B. commented
      Editing a comment
      Helen W.--Thank you so much for thinking me and recommending what could be a painless way for me to dip my toe into the water. Alex's quilt did catch my eye and it's very tempting. Not sure about timing right now. Why does life have to get in the way sometimes? Best, Carole

Originally posted by nhbaskets View Post
    Your piano keys border (is that the correct term?) reminds me of what I have in mind for my quilt. I was thinking about adding pennies on it and perhaps a vine with leaves. Time will tell. Thanks for sharing!
    Carole B, I guess they are a variation of a piano key border. I just put a half square triangle at the end of a rectangle. I plan to
    have a black binding that will be up against the black of the border triangle. Top and Bottom are going to be different. I committed
    my self by sewing a bunch of stuff together that looks a bit busy, but I am at a point that I am just thinking about getting it done
    and moving onto something new. HelenW

Comment

I am having so much fun with this. I love to see what others have done as well. Some options are so.o.o.o.o good I might be tempted to make some changes to Wendy’s original design. Or maybe just make another one. Who knows!

Comment

Carole B, Thought I would play around with some border ideas since you said you might do some piano key type borders and color combos so you could see what it might look like.
        That is an easy thing to do with EQ8. HelenW
        Last edited by Helen W.; 09-12-2021, 10:55 AM.

Comment

• Lisa E. commented
          Editing a comment
          Your design is SO adorable!

Got all tall buildings done. Took pictures to see how they ‘go together’. Very excited to get this far!
        Elizabeth Anderson
        Cadiz, KY  (near Paducah)

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2003.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	887948 Shout out to TQS and Barbara! I have loved Barbara’s instructions and Wendy’s pattern. I was drawn to the 2021 BOM pattern when I noticed Marsha Derse’s fabric and that I could dip into my milk crate stash of Kona solids. I love Marsha’s fabric and have used her fabrics in many quilts. There is still quite a stash of Kona in the milk crate and yes, my design wall is the mattress pad of an unmade bed……. Obviously I have not conquered the picture upload but it looks like the original…..
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Diana D.; 09-13-2021, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Tall buildings done. The end is in sight!

Comment

• susanmcdonald commented
              Editing a comment
              Orysia, did you add beads to trees? I can’t tell if it’s a design in fabric or an embellishment. Either way it looks great! Nice job!

I’m happy to say I’ve completed my tall Bldgs before months end. But I’m happy to have the time in between before the next pattern comes out.

Comment

I love this building
              Susan Skeel
              Des Moines Iowa

Comment

Comment

Not sure if the text attached to my 'photo above?
                  Very happy with the result so far.
                  Started this last January in the UK's third lockdown so no fabric shops open. Made a promise to myself not to buy any new fabric.
                  Has worked so far.
                  Thank you,
                  cathy.

Comment

Caught up
                    Susan Skeel
                    Des Moines Iowa

Comment

My progress so far! Everyone who has seen it is very impressed. They love all the colors. Can’t wait till it’s completed and quilted….. that will really wow them! Love this pattern and many thanks to Barbara for her blogs and tips. I have used wool felting for the tree tops and will add FMQ swirls in the final quilting.

Comment

Many thanks to Wendy and Barbara - I really enjoy sewing Color my World and being a part of a worldwide group of sewers!
                        Greeting from Germany ...... Ria
                        Ria 
                        Westerwald / Deutschland / Germany

Comment

Thank you Susan. I put some thin batting behind the trees and then embroidered with seed stitch and colonial knots on one and a scattered Daisy stitch on the other before appliqueing down. All appliqué done by hand.

Comment

• susanmcdonald commented
                            Editing a comment
                            fantastic! I'm looking forward to seeing your finished quilt!

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1286 users online. 263 members and 1023 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,203   Posts: 154,905   Members: 25315   Active Members: 1,369  
                        Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                        X