Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

MARINER'S COMPASS--SHOW YOURS HERE

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This project makes me happy

Comment

That looks like a good idea not to cut the background. I haven't done it yet but I know I'm not always perfectly accurate so like to have some fudge room.
      Sugiee

Comment

After reading some of the replies here on the forum, I measured my compass, and I’m concerned it may be too small. My printer wasn’t off, it may be how I trimmed... I’ll wait for the road sections and if it doesn’t fit, I’ll just have to remake it.
        Beth Bell Lavoie

Comment

Originally posted by "sosallap" post=154462
          My compass is finished! (I hope this all fits together, as the houses seem to make too big of a circle to fit around the compass.)
          Sosallap. There will be a road that goes between the compass and the first set of houses. Your compass looks great.
          They will all fit together. HelenW

Comment

Originally posted by "BethBellLavoie" post=154467
            After reading some of the replies here on the forum, I measured my compass, and I’m concerned it may be too small. My printer wasn’t off, it may be how I trimmed... I’ll wait for the road sections and if it doesn’t fit, I’ll just have to remake it.
            x

BethBell, I love your fancy compass. Did you fussy cut fabric or add more lines on the pattern? What is the diameter as it is?
            I would probably adjust the road width, rather than a complete redo. But if you do a complete redo you have a beautiful compass that you can use in an project. HelenW

Comment

BethBellLavoie, beautiful! You will know in May when we make the Roads. It looks great from here.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
              North Alabama, USA
              "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

BethBellLavoie,
                What a fun looking quilt yours will surely be with that great center compass. A feast for the eyes!

Comment

BethBellLavoie - This is a beautiful compass.

Comment

My compass and houses on my design wall waiting for the next episode.
                    I did have trouble with the compass, the dark pointed segments were fine but pale ones were going to lose their points. I tried a second time but if anything they were worse, in the end I traced a new pattern (the first one was printed), folded it on the lines exceedingly carefully and the new ones were fine.
                    My compass is the exact size - phew!!

Comment

Originally posted by "BethBellLavoie" post=154467
                      Remember too the seams will take up some space. Everything is beautiful!

Comment

Originally posted by "bbquiltmaker" post=154470
                        BethBellLavoie, beautiful! You will know in May when we make the Roads. It looks great from here.
                        AND, Beth--I featured your photo on the LIVE broadcast today--it is just that great!

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                        North Alabama, USA
                        "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Done with the Mariner's compass - I won't mention how many times I had to seam rip because of sewing together the wrong pieces even though I had them laid out in the right order!

Comment

very nice contrast Can you tell us what the background fabric is, or what company makes it?

Comment

Your contrast is great! Can you tell us what the background fabric is, or what company makes it?

Comment

Thank you! The fabric is Farmstead by Jennifer Pugh from Wilmington Fabrics.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1994 users online. 151 members and 1843 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X