Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

MARINER'S COMPASS-ASK QUESTIONS HERE

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my points look awful, allthough I tried to sew very close to the paper and press properly. What did I do wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by "baerbel.sch" post=154306
      my points look awful, allthough I tried to sew very close to the paper and press properly. What did I do wrong?
      [attachment=17952]
      See this answer given to someone with similar problems. If the wedge patterns were the correct size, and trimming was accurate, the problem comes when joining the wedges together. Measure the pattern to be sure piece F measures 7" finished. Then check each outer point as you join each pair of wedges together:

https://thequiltshow.com/forum/bom-2021-color-my-world/9432-mariners-compass#154215

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
      North Alabama, USA
      "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Baebel, Look at these three pictures. If your seams are too narrow, the points will extend into the seam allowance at the outside curved edge. Rip out to the wedges of the bad
        points and baste stitch experimenting to see when the points end 1/4 away from the outside edge. Luckily you have a lot of time before we get the month assignment. HelenW

Comment

Baerbel, Could you show a picture of the back side of your block?
          What size does your block measure for the diameter?
          If you know how to paper piece with paper I would try making one that way to see if it is more accurate for you. HelenW

Comment

I found a marker set that had a color to match almost every color in the kit. I printed out a whole bunch of the compass images and started playing. This is the color combo I landed with and the colors are all true so I have a great idea where I will come out.

I am excited to sew this up now.

Comment

What size does the Mariner's compass finish?

Comment

Originally posted by "roxannecooper" post=154320
                What size does the Mariner's compass finish?
                \

Rosannecooper 14 1/2 inches counting seam allowance. HelenW

Comment

Hi Helen,
                  I found my mistakes:
                  In one of the pieces my seam No 3 was folded a litle bit off the line, and I controlled my seam allowence. I made a new compass and now it is looking better, not perfect but I can live with it.

Comment

I can’t remember if I posted mine so here it is first time ever doing a compass I’m going to make another one in 6 colours

Comment

Great idea

Comment

Could you tell me why you used paper for the piecing of the Mariners compass and not wax paper like you used for the houses?

Comment

I've made 3 mariner's points of #1. I don't know why my smaller inner points don't reach out as far as the larger outer points. I keep reading the instructions and the videos before making each section. Does someone have similar issue or is there an answer amongst you folks. Thanksk

Comment

What brand of cutting mat is shown in your picture? Do you like it better than the green ones? Did you buy it online?
                            Thank you in advance!!

Comment

Dear Barbara,
                              I measured the two Compass-patterns and compared. They are not the same length. I used a drawing-compass and I saw, that the circle is not as perfect round as it shout. Dont know how to manage this.
                              Perhaps I didn't understand your instruction, I'm not an englisch speaker. Traude

Comment

Dear Barbara,
                                I cannot print out the last page of the Mariners compass (the pattern pieces) as one page although it appears that way on the printer A sliver is left on an additional page and when I try to piece it, it doesn't seem accurate. Is there a new version or any tips? Thanks

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2212 users online. 292 members and 1920 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25589   Active Members: 1,301  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X