Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

MARINER'S COMPASS-ASK QUESTIONS HERE

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by "mlbongorno" post=154427
    Dear Barbara,
    I cannot print out the last page of the Mariners compass (the pattern pieces) as one page although it appears that way on the printer A sliver is left on an additional page and when I try to piece it, it doesn't seem accurate. Is there a new version or any tips? Thanks
    Try using A4 as the paper size for that one page, that might put both patterns on one page. Most people did not have this printing issue.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    North Alabama, USA
    "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

One mistake (so far) on the mariner's compass. It'll fall into the seam allowance, but it'll be quite close to the seam. I hate to take it apart if I can avoid it. Do you think I need to redo it?

Comment

Originally posted by "Bdaniels" post=154581
        One mistake (so far) on the mariner's compass. It'll fall into the seam allowance, but it'll be quite close to the seam. I hate to take it apart if I can avoid it. Do you think I need to redo it?

Bdaniels, It think it should be OK since it will be in the seam allowance. When it is that narrow in the seam allowance, I would take a small piece of light weight fusible interfacing the width of the seam allowance and just press in on the spot. Maybe 1 inch by 1/4 inch wide. I call it seam repair. It makes the spot fused to the the rest of the seam allowance and is less likely to be pulled apart. I have used it on a lot of friends quilts that has a lot larger areas, but equally close to the stitching and it worked great. HelenW

Comment

Your compass looks great, and I LOVE your background fabric!!!!!!!

Comment

I'm having trouble with sewing the left and right segments together! Rip and sew X 4. It seems to be a visual distortion all the points and seams coming together! I've even replaced some large sections because they're chewed up from the needle. Due to the thickness, the stitching goes in a different direction than what I want.
            do I place the template on top and stitch through it?

Comment

I reduce the foot pressure when sewing bulky seams.
              The Bernina pressure is 70 by default and I reduce it to 50 or even 40.

Comment

Greetings, I am experiencing great challenge sewing each compass section together to achieve correct aligned points. What are the tips to have the points achieve alignment? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by SGraham View Post
                  I'm having trouble with sewing the left and right segments together! Rip and sew X 4. It seems to be a visual distortion all the points and seams coming together! I've even replaced some large sections because they're chewed up from the needle. Due to the thickness, the stitching goes in a different direction than what I want.
                  do I place the template on top and stitch through it?
                  Are you trying to sew the sections with the paper still on? After trimming the sections to the proper size, remove the paper and sew the sections as you would any two pieces of fabric.
                  Last edited by Barbara B.; 09-27-2021, 06:55 AM.
                  Barbara Black
                  Huntsville AL
                  "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

I am substituting a star for the mariner’s compass. What is the size of the block, including seam allowance?

Comment

Originally posted by bubbee View Post
                      I am substituting a star for the mariner’s compass. What is the size of the block, including seam allowance?
                      Take a look at the front page of the directions.
                      Carole Berry

Comment

testing post by Jill

Comment

Originally posted by bubbee View Post
                          Marcia P, I think it was 14 1/2" and that includes the seam allowance. HelenW

Comment

My Mariner's Compass measures 14.25 inches instead of 14.5. Is this going to be a big issue or will it 'all come out in the wash'?

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                              My Mariner's Compass measures 14.25 inches instead of 14.5. Is this going to be a big issue or will it 'all come out in the wash'?
                              see if a little “assertive pressing “ will find the 1/4”. If not, you will be able to ease the Inner Road to fit.
                              Barbara Black
                              Huntsville AL
                              "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Is there enough black fabric and cream fabric in the kit to use for the mariner's compass? I am a little late getting started but loving the journey of the Color My World !

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  No. The black and cream solids are only for the roads and a few places in the skyscrapers. Add your own black white if you want it in the compass.

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2244 users online. 281 members and 1963 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25589   Active Members: 1,300  
                              Welcome to our newest member, Vicki Robles-csadrbls80.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X