Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

MARINER'S COMPASS-ASK QUESTIONS HERE

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MARINER'S COMPASS-ASK QUESTIONS HERE

Please use this topic to ask specific questions about the Month 2 Mariner's Compass pattern.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    North Alabama, USA
    "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

The two sections go to get her to make one fourth of the circle. Right?

Comment

Originally posted by "PatinNC" post=154056
      The two sections go to get her to make one fourth of the circle. Right?

Correct

Comment

I don"t know where to find the Video for Mariners Compass. I see the blog with notes for helping to construct.

Comment

Originally posted by "JulieService" post=154229
          I don"t know where to find the Video for Mariners Compass. I see the blog with notes for helping to construct.
          Same place where the patterns are: Instructional Videos:

https://thequiltshow.com/learn/bom/bom-2021

North Alabama, USA

Comment

I am confused about the cutting instructions for the large, 3" x 8" pieces for each color. According to the instructions I should have 4 light and 4 dark. I make all of one piece and then go on to piece #2. But as I read the instructions for piece # 1 steps 6 & 7, I use a large piece of each color. If I make 4 of piece #1, I've used all 4 of each color before I start piece #2. The same happens with piece #2. Am I reading something incorrectly? It's important to me because I have a very limited amount of my light color.

Looking out the window at Lake Leman in beautiful Switzerland

Comment

Originally posted by "Libbi" post=154240
              I am confused about the cutting instructions for the large, 3" x 8" pieces for each color. According to the instructions I should have 4 light and 4 dark. I make all of one piece and then go on to piece #2. But as I read the instructions for piece # 1 steps 6 & 7, I use a large piece of each color. If I make 4 of piece #1, I've used all 4 of each color before I start piece #2. The same happens with piece #2. Am I reading something incorrectly? It's important to me because I have a very limited amount of my light color.
              I cut all my pieces at the beginning and found I only had enough of some of the pieces for half the circle, so had to cut more. Like you, I was restricted on how much light fabric I had so had to re-think a bit!

Comment

Originally posted by "quiltingmidwife" post=154241
                I cut all my pieces at the beginning and found I only had enough of some of the pieces for half the circle, so had to cut more. Like you, I was restricted on how much light fabric I had so had to re-think a bit!
                Ditto, here. I am using my own fabrics for this BOM and, fortunately, have plenty of extra fabric to cut more. I am curious, though, if the three of us misread the cutting directions or if there was an error in the cutting directions. Aside from this slight snag, I am thoroughly enjoying this BOM and am already looking forward to the March pattern & instructions for Houses #3 and #4

Comment

The cutting instructions are accurate. In both my blog and the Month 2 video I explained the 8”x 3” pieces, 4 light, 4 dark, are used for piece F, the large colored piece on each wedge—there are 8 wedges. All the remaining points are made from the smaller pieces, 6” x 2”, 12 light, 12 dark.

North Alabama, USA

Comment

Originally posted by "quiltingmidwife" post=154241
                    I find that using a small piece for "e" rather than a large piece works for me. I will have 4 large pieces of my light for all the "f" in piece #2.

Comment

Thanks, Barb. Although I DID watch the video, I somehow missed that part.

Comment

Originally posted by "bbquiltmaker" post=154243
                        The cutting instructions are accurate. In both my blog and the Month 2 video I explained the 8”x 3” pieces, 4 light, 4 dark, are used for piece F, the large colored piece on each wedge—there are 8 wedges. All the remaining points are made from the smaller pieces, 6” x 2”, 12 light, 12 dark.
                        I now believe the cutting instructions are accurate but in my opinion step 6 that states to use a large piece for "e" is inaccurate. A small piece works just fine.

Comment

Libbi, that was an error in the instructions. The Large pieces are only for piece F.

North Alabama, USA

Comment

Is there enough fabric in our quilt kit that we can make the compass a rainbow compass from the kit fabric, or will I need to match up as best as I can from my stash to have the rainbow compass? The blues are pretty, but I am just not a monochromatic compass person. Thank you in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by "heidimunk" post=154290
                              Is there enough fabric in our quilt kit that we can make the compass a rainbow compass from the kit fabric, or will I need to match up as best as I can from my stash to have the rainbow compass? The blues are pretty, but I am just not a monochromatic compass person. Thank you in advance!
                              Yes, there is enough, the rainbow colors don’t use a lot of fabric.

North Alabama, USA

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1584 users online. 308 members and 1276 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,778   Members: 25247   Active Members: 1,497  
                              Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X