Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Finished size of quilt

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished size of quilt

What is the finished size of the Color My World?

Originally posted by "Kbauman" post=152089
    Kbauman, The finished size is 69.5 by 69.5 square. If you have not yet downloaded the fabric requirement you can do that. It is on the front page. HelenW

Comment

[quote="HelenW" post=152090]
      Originally posted by "Kbauman" post=152089
      Kbauman, The finished size is 69.5 by 69.5 square.

I love this quilt and really would like to make it to hang on my wall. If I consistently print the patterns at 80% would I be able to shrink it down to a more displayable wall hanging? I just don't have space for that large of a quilt.

Comment

I agree that the size is larger than I have wall space. Are you going to try using an 80% printing and what size would this make the quilt? I also noticed it had a border around the outside that may be left off. I really want to make this but am not ready to invest the cost and time if when finished I can’t hang it.

Comment

Originally posted by "kfoster183" post=152331
          I agree that the size is larger than I have wall space. Are you going to try using an 80% printing and what size would this make the quilt? I also noticed it had a border around the outside that may be left off. I really want to make this but am not ready to invest the cost and time if when finished I can’t hang it.
          Kfoster183, 100 % is 69.5 inches square; 80% is 55.6 inches square; 60 % is 41.7 inches square. I have made a couple panel quilt wall hanging using a SuperNova panel
          and a Dream Big panel. They

are about 40 inches square finished. I really like that size for a wall hanging. This is a picture of the supernova with the Dance of the Dragonflies on it.
          It is about 40 inches. HelenW

Comment

Originally posted by "kfoster183" post=152331
            The outer borders are cut 5" wide. Removing them will take off 9" from the finished size.

I would hesitate to just try shrinking the pattern as they include the seam allowance so they would be shrunk too. There is no way to check this pattern as you go, since we are making circles of houses, roads, and the center. If people who shrink the pattern are willing to make adjustments as their units are completed, like adding coping strips or making a house or two smaller or larger, that just might work.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
            North Alabama, USA
            "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Love the dragon fly wall hanging.

Comment

Helen, do you think it would be possible to reduce the pattern to 60%? I also would need to make a smaller wall hanging. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by "Lynnanne" post=152440
                  Helen, do you think it would be possible to reduce the pattern to 60%? I also would need to make a smaller wall hanging. Thank you!
                  Lynnanne. I am waiting to see what we get in info on Jan. 1. Barbara said there is a 5" border around the pieced top. I have reduced paper pieced blocks in the past I just add the normal 1/4 inch seam allowance around each unit. If you subtract the 10 inch for borders on the sides the quilt would be about 60 inch square. Half or 50 percent would be 30 inch square. That might be a nice size wall hanging The bias tape might have to stay at the regular size of a quarter inch or put fusible on the back of a bias strip of fabric and cut to 1/8. I will post ideas after I see the pattern I think it definitely doable . If I go with reduced size I might resort to normal paper piecing, even though I will learn Barbara's freezer paper too. HelenW

Comment

I have the pattern "Round the Garden", received it a couple of weeks ago. It is different from what we will be doing. The houses and that was done in wool fabric and the back ground is Linen. I have 100% cotton fabric for background and the houses, and I am going to use fusing the houses on to the background. I am not a city person and I love Light Houses, so I planed on using the patterns this way and still do the roads and maybe shrinking the pattern for the center of the it, for smaller building going around the road in the center.
                    I am open to any suggestions'. Just trying to figure it out, truly looking for the beginning this Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by "marypopn" post=152442
                      I have the pattern "Round the Garden", received it a couple of weeks ago. It is different from what we will be doing. The houses and that was done in wool fabric and the back ground is Linen. I have 100% cotton fabric for background and the houses, and I am going to use fusing the houses on to the background. I am not a city person and I love Light Houses, so I planed on using the patterns this way and still do the roads and maybe shrinking the pattern for the center of the it, for smaller building going around the road in the center.
                      I am open to any suggestions'. Just trying to figure it out, truly looking for the beginning this Friday.
                      Marypopn, Love that pattern by Wendy Williams too. Never knew anything about her before TQS announced she would design the BOM. Do you have to order the pattern from
                      Australia? Using a wholecloth quilt layout, eliminates the need to be perfect on your wedges. If your seam allowance isn't spot on, when putting wedges together, the quilt does
                      not lay flat. Guess how I know that!!!.Judy Neimeyer nightmares. The paper piecing is so accurate, it is a shame that lots of quilters have major problems on 360 degree piecing. I have helped friends take quilts apart because the seam looked good on the paper side, but when you turned it over to the unit it was being pieced to, it was narrow or wide.
                      I have been doing a lot thinking a head of getting started. Will be nice to get the pattern this week. HelenW
                      PS I noticed Wendy has them hand stitch a circle for placement with big stitch. Does she give you a template in the pattern?

Comment

Thank you both for your ideas. Helen, I will definitely be following your suggestions along the way and think I will be able to do the quilt if I can make it smaller. Your dedication to quilting is amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by "Lynnanne" post=152446
                          Thank you both for your ideas. Helen, I will definitely be following your suggestions along the way and think I will be able to do the quilt if I can make it smaller. Your dedication to quilting is amazing!
                          LynnAnne, Remember when you go smaller, the fabrics are better to be solids, tone on tone, or small print. Otherwise you get have to do a lot of fussy cutting to get the color in
                          the area you want it. Have you done paper piecing before? When doing minis it helps to have an Add a 1/8 inch ruler as well as the Add a 1/4. HelenW

Comment

Ok perfect. I have done paper piecing and have both of the rulers. I am looking forward to starting! Thank you

Comment

HelenW, I bought it from www.quiltedstrait.com, the store is in Port Gamble, WA.
                              The pattern includes construction and embroidery directions as well as full sized applique templates for wool applique. Finished Quilt is 64 1/2 " X 64 1/2".
                              I did Judy Niemeyer Quilt too, I called it the quilt from Hell, I thought I would never get it finished. It is now my prize quilt, and I did learn a lot from doing it. We will have to stay InTouch.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2358 users online. 184 members and 2174 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,228   Posts: 155,194   Members: 25613   Active Members: 1,198  
                              Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X