Quilting Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

• Sew a Long Using Quick and Easy Block Tool
    Here is the link to Alex’s Classroom. Scroll down to find the Kaffe Mystery Quilt:

https://thequiltshow.co...
  • MONTH 10 BLOG is UP
    I will let the powers that be know about this, thanks.
  • MONTH 10 BLOG is UP
    Yes, I was Live October 4. The link hasn’t been updated yet. Here is the video:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zEO...
  • MONTH 10 BLOG is UP
    No pictures of progress or finished quilts are appearing at all. Where the pictures should be, there are small boxes with...
    I'm looking for the tutorial program Alex taught using the Easy Block Tool. I never finished the quilt and would like to....
  • MONTH 10 BLOG is UP
    I don’t see the facebook live video for month 10 posted on the website. I thought you were live yesterday.
  • Yes. It will be ready in a few weeks I suspect.
  • Not a “Bot”
    Submit a Ticket under HELP, below.
  • MONTH 9 — Ask Questions Here
    No photos are visible. Probably too large, resize smaller and try again.
    I’m struggling to transfer the appliqué designs so this is what I have been using. Keep your fingers crossed when put...
  • At the end of the year, December, will you have the 12 pattern months available in one download?
  • Not a “Bot”
    I am signed in but can’t watch any of the shows. The screen directs me to sign in to prove I am not a “bot”. I can’t...
  • Bright Star Quilt Kit fabric question
    I LOVE the fabrics selected for the Bright Star Quilt kit, but alas, all of the kits are now purchased. Is there any way...
    Thank your for letting me know!
    All the pattern pieces are now available. I chose to provide the background shape for the outer Fan border in Month 2. It...
    The pattern piece is under month 2 patterns. I missed it too.
    Am I correct that we do not yet have all the pattern pieces for this quilt? I was looking for the outermost piece of the...
  • Suggestion Amazing new artist
    I don’t know how to email Quilt Show but Alex please look at this artist quilter. I have never seen technique like this!...
  • No more items.

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

SHOW AND TELL--Your Blocks

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top is done.

Comment

Your quilt is very beautiful, ljkn52!!!
      Judy Austin

Comment

Chrys,
        Your blocks are beautiful. Beautiful fabric choices and beautifully executed.
        I am doing needle-turn also, but got behind with life.
        Your blocks have inspired me to keep going! Thank you.

Judy

Comment

Judith A

Thank you very much! The other ladies working on this BOM have inspired me to see this project through to the finish, too

Comment

Quilting. I am very interested in how everyone's Afternoon Delights are quilted. I am going quilt my own, which seems daunting for me as I have mostly used pantographs and I want to custom quilt this. I very much like how Barbara quilted hers, as shown in her tips. I would like to see more ideas before I embark on quilting mine.

Comment

@eyestitch, I've also been contemplating how I want to quilt this quilt. I'm finishing the last applique block today, but I still have half the 9-patch blocks to do. A daunting task! I expected to retire last June, but I felt my school needed me, so I've continued to work. Looking forward to these blocks every month has been my emotional savior, since the concentration required on a Saturday morning means I'm too focused to think about school, or kids, or anything else. I also want to try to do this on my own, and I'm most likely going to very carefully use a quilt-as-you-go method. While continuing to make my nine-patches, I'm going to get everything ready to individually quilt each block and start assembling them from one corner. My house is small, and I don't have a design wall, but I do have photoshop and pics of all the individual blocks, so I think I'm going to take those photos and play around with them on the computer to see which square will go where. By Christmas break, I should have enough prepped and ready to make a start. Fingers crossed. It still may not be terribly fancy, but this quilt has been quite the learning experience and quilting it should be fun!
              Ellen Lindow
              Plant City, FL

Comment

Mlongstreth, very bright and cheerful

Comment

Chrys, I like the way you fussy cut the second block.

Comment

Chrys, I love the fussy cut center on the second block; very cute.

Comment

Ellenceleste - I love your fabrics; I can hardly wait to see your finished quilt.

Comment

Jupergee - Your choice of batiks is very nice. I definitely look forward to seeing your finished quilt.

Comment

Last 4 appliqué blocks done ya!! All blocks done now on to the borders.
                          Suzanne Chickite

Comment

That’s a lot of work
                            Suzanne Chickite

Comment

Big pile of blocks
                              Suzanne Chickite

Comment

Mergwat, admiring your stack. I’m at this point and feel cutting them to size is the hardest task keeping the motif centered

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1497 users online. 390 members and 1107 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,245   Posts: 155,350   Members: 26125   Active Members: 1,045  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Here is the link to Alex’s Classroom. Scroll down to find the Kaffe Mystery Quilt:

https://thequiltshow.co...
                                • MONTH 10 BLOG is UP
                                  I will let the powers that be know about this, thanks.
                                • MONTH 10 BLOG is UP
                                  Yes, I was Live October 4. The link hasn’t been updated yet. Here is the video:
                                  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zEO...
                                • MONTH 10 BLOG is UP
                                  No pictures of progress or finished quilts are appearing at all. Where the pictures should be, there are small boxes with...
                                  I'm looking for the tutorial program Alex taught using the Easy Block Tool. I never finished the quilt and would like to....
                                • MONTH 10 BLOG is UP
                                  I don’t see the facebook live video for month 10 posted on the website. I thought you were live yesterday.
                                • Yes. It will be ready in a few weeks I suspect.
                                • Not a “Bot”
                                  Submit a Ticket under HELP, below.
                                  No photos are visible. Probably too large, resize smaller and try again.
                                  I’m struggling to transfer the appliqué designs so this is what I have been using. Keep your fingers crossed when put...
                                • At the end of the year, December, will you have the 12 pattern months available in one download?
                                • Not a “Bot”
                                  I am signed in but can’t watch any of the shows. The screen directs me to sign in to prove I am not a “bot”. I can’t...
                                • Bright Star Quilt Kit fabric question
                                  I LOVE the fabrics selected for the Bright Star Quilt kit, but alas, all of the kits are now purchased. Is there any way...
                                • No more items.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X