Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Welcome to AFTERNOON DELIGHT!

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have gotten behind on Sizzle but will still eagerly begin Afternoon Delight. Sue Garman is a treasured designer and inspiration. I am looking forward to pulling some small scale prints from my stash ( I have been a 'real" quilter for 30+ years but dabbled as a teenager as well.) I, of course, realistically will find the need to supplement whenever I attend a show or visit a shop! As always I learn a thing or tow from Barbara along the way!

As for this community, I have found nothing but encouragement and inspiration here. I am not a very frequent poster or even lurk as often as I should! I will make it a goal to post and read on a more regular basis in 2020 to both benefit others and receive the benefits of community for myself.

Comment

I am looking forward to starting Afternoon Delight!
      Carolyn Owens

Comment

I'm new to the quilt show and so EXCITED to sewing one of Sue Garmans patterns

I'm a huge fan of Sue German. She has some great info on this quilt and close of pic on far blog. Just look for entry Thursday, August 2, 2012
        New Projects, Auctions, Old Quilts... and More!
        Carolyn Owens

Comment

Thanks, Cathryn--I have read all Sue's blogs but not for a while--great reminder they all still exist.

Here is a quick link to take you to the one Cathryn referred to:

http://suegarman.blogspot.com/2012/08/

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
          North Alabama, USA
          "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Welcome to The Quilt Show, Cathryn. You're going to love it!

Comment

Thanks I'm really excited!

Comment

Is there any word on when the Introduction packet will be available?

Comment

Teresa, what kind of information are you looking for?

The Fabric Requirements are here:

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com/2019/12/afternoon-delight-fabric-requirements.html

North Alabama, USA

Comment

Thanks Barbara,

I think I am just getting antsy for it to start. I'm going to start puling scraps together for it, maybe that will help.

Comment

Barbara, will you be telling us how to make the smaller version of this quilt, like you’re making either the red, white and blue fabric?

Comment

Yes, as I figure it out. The blocks are the same size, just won’t be making all of them.

North Alabama, USA

Comment

Thank you for the hint of the block size. At the moment I am going through my stash and looking for fabrics and scraps suitable for this quilting adventure. I am taking a guess here, that we need some larger background fabric pieces for the applique blocks.

Comment

Plan to cut background squares 8” for appliqué. They will be trimmed to the proper size after the appliqué is done.

North Alabama, USA

Comment

Barbara,
                              How long have you had the pictures of 6 quilts (including Sizzle) on the top of your blog. All your quilts are so wonderful. Love all the info
                              so so freely share. HelenW

Comment

Thanks, Helen! I just updated my collage the other day, with a few of my favorite works. You are the first to notice—good eye.

North Alabama, USA

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2396 users online. 224 members and 2172 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,228   Posts: 155,194   Members: 25613   Active Members: 1,198  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X