Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Lite Steam a Seam 2 Shortage?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to install the LIKE and LOL button!! :lol:
    Back to Quilting!

Comment

Janet, if I was in charge (scary thought!) there would be lots of fun emoticons. We have a few, but really do need more! :lol: :roll: :wink:

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
      That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

I just love this forum! you make me smile!

Andrée

Comment

Here's my 2 cents worth...The old Steam a Seam products did have a shelf life but with care did ok for me.
          Newer Steam a Seam, for me, has been too sticky even when following instr.s..Didn't like it !! Pellon = thumbs down ! :evil:
          Never have used Soft Fuse, but will try some soon. Didn't ever like Heat n Bond...but my LQS sells HnB Lite for
          wool applique...and it does the job on wool ! A little stiff on other fabrics. I read some where...maybe here ...
          about a new product from Heat n Bond....HeatnBond Feather Lite . LQS gave me a sample they got at Market
          and I have had great results with it. Big Bernie...normally fussy...has handled it ok...and it is supple and so far
          stayed put ! Of course...none have that 2 sided quality of SS2. But I will try new things as they come along.

Comment

Melinda Bula has a blog on fusible. http://melindabula.blogspot.com/2014...le-to-use.html
            There is a video showing how she uses Misty Fuse, but I cannot copy it. It is in the above link.

Coast of South Carolina USA
            Sewing/Quilting on my Viking Sapphire 870

Comment

Thanks Pam,
              I found the video interesting, I haven't tried EZ-steam I don't even know if we can buy it in the UK.
              I managed to get the last 2 yards of lite steam-a-seam2 from Creative Grids....UK so I will be very frugal with it. I'm hoping to do the 2014 BOM.
              I also have some Bondaweb which I don't really like but will use in an emergency.
              Hope it's a bit warmer in your neck of the woods than here.
              Have a nice weekend
              Happy quilting
              Anne
              UK

Comment

Originally posted by Margo
                Janet, if I was in charge (scary thought!) there would be lots of fun emoticons. We have a few, but really do need more! :lol: :roll: :wink:

And some of the others that are available on other forums are great fun too - could you imagine the conversations held entirely in emoticons we could have with a larger vocabulary? 8)

Comment

With the difficulty of getting Lite Steam-a-seam and not liking Bondaweb and other fusibles has any one tried 606 adhesive spray? It is supposed to be repositional until ironed.
                  Anne

Comment

Have you seen the Sharon Schamber video on youtube for applique with freezer paper and liquid stitch I forgot the name of the quilt but it is a great way to applique no fusible, she starts with embroidery but be patient until she gets to the applique fabulous video.

Comment

I have to say again that if you haven't tried Soft Fuse, you really, really should!! In my opinion, it is like the old Steam-a-Seam 2 Lite, but better!! It's not at all sticky like the new Steam a seam. :!:

Rosamond

Comment

I am using Soft Fuse for A - Z Ewe and Me and yes it is wonderful I really was impressed with Sharon's technique I will use her method with applique in the future Joan

Comment

I don't seem to be able to get "Soft fuse " here in the UK. I've been on the net looking for it but no luck.
                          I will use the Steam a seam I have left...... about 4 yards which may be enough if I am careful, and then use the Bondaweb I may even resort to glueing the applique down.
                          Anne

Comment

Originally posted by anne1
                            I don't seem to be able to get "Soft fuse " here in the UK. I've been on the net looking for it but no luck.
                            I will use the Steam a seam I have left...... about 4 yards which may be enough if I am careful, and then use the Bondaweb I may even resort to glueing the applique down.
                            Anne
                            Anne, another quilter friend of mine on Facebook recommended this product. I ordered some and will report on it when it arrives, but I see they have international shipping at a reasonable rate. I'll let you know what I think of it. Has anyone else used this?
                            http://www.sewthankful.com/Sew_Lazy_...zy_SLG101.html
                            Back to Quilting!

Comment

No, I have not used that product, but she has some of the most well written patterns I have seen. Let us know how you like that products. Carol R

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2000 users online. 152 members and 1848 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                              Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X