Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Do you know where this pattern comes from?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you know where this pattern comes from?

Before I had my own scanner I got somebody to scan these quilt photos from a magazine which I thought I owned but now it is playing hide and seek with me. I really want to find this pattern but don't know where to look, I think it is an American Patchwork & Quilting pattern but am not 100% sure and if I knew the name of it I could search on http://www.allpeoplequilt.com but the photos are all I have! Any help greatly appreciated, thanks! Sorry about the repeated photo, have uploaded them twice and can't work out what I am doing wrong!

Margarita, sorry I can't help you, but the quilt is beautiful. If you find the pattern name, pass it on. I would love to make it too.

Comment

Gosh, I must have the same magazine...somewhere...as I remember looking at that pattern. It was a square block with a four square block. The green border around the square block really blurs the line between the elements. I remember thinking that my sewing skills are not precise enough yet to do that pattern and have it come out right. It sure results in a fabulous quilt!

Comment

It's beautifully intricate, and obviously contains two blocks. If you break it down that way I think you'll see it wouldn't be too hard to draft. Go for it!

Comment

Yes I think I could, I have the Fons & Porter book and probably others that tell you how to draft blocks but meantime I have found a log cabin pattern that I like very much from the book Take Five and I have enough material to make it. If I go ahead and make that quilt then the magazine with all the instructions for the other pattern will turn up because my life is like that!!

Comment

:lol: :lol: :lol: Too true!

Comment

Those laughing smilies! I just put the mouse over the photos and it says "viewed 187 times" ! so I don't think there is much hope, I remember I sent some magazines to a friend in Puerto La Cruz and she is checking. However she has them all except one which she gave away so am waiting to hear from her .... and the :twisted: pattern is in the give away no doubt so more :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

Margarita, I spent some time yesterday drafting a pattern. May not be exact, but I think I will use it some day. I have material downstairs that would be beautiful for this quilt.
                The quilt is 2 different blocks. Block A is a 4 patch in a 4 patch in a 9 patch. The other is just a square with a border around it.

For a queen size (95" x 109.5") I figured 13.5" blocks (finished size).
                For block A: smallest sqs. are 1.5" for first 4 patch. Squares for next 4 patch are 3". Lg squares for 9 patch are 6", with 1.5" x 6" for top and bottom of block. Center strip for 9 patch is 1.5" x 6", with center square 1.5".
                For block B: I am using a 10.5" square with a 1.5" border around it.
                I am putting 6 blocks across per row, and 7 rows down, alternating blocks A and B. (I need 21 of each block)
                For my outer borders I am using strips of .75", 1.5" .75" and 4.5". I may change that later on mine.
                If anyone copies this, just remember to add seam allowances to everything!!

Comment

I just looked at the photo again. I noticed they have 8 rows down. That looks more even with the diagonal strips. Guess I will go refigure sizes of blocks. There quilt must not be as wide as I want. I guess I will leave my alone for now. I want it to fit my sons queen bed. Good luck all.

Comment

I wrote to American Patchwork & Quilting and the lady who replied says she is familiar with all the patterns since 2003 and that it is not an APQ pattern. Just waiting to hear from my friend in Puerto La Cruz and then I give up! Good Luck with your quilt, Lorra.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2000 users online. 165 members and 1835 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                    Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                    X