Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Row Robin starts Jan. 2016 All info on first post.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a really cool block, Barb! What a fun design I may borrow that for a few that I need to do.....(not the identical colors, of course!, but the block design).

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Bright and cheerful, lovely

Next 3 rows nearly done at last!!!!! Really enjoying making them now. Had a block with the winter one but loved making it in the end I'm on a roll. Anyone changed address or is the original list up to date?

Limbania your birds have flown over to me, I love the row so cheerful I'll post a pic soon. Thank you so much you made my day :cheer:

Comment

Heather - feel free to use the block it was fun (and quick) to make. It's from the Janome 100 quilt blocks webpage, one of the sites Geneva suggested as a possible block source. Here's the link: http://janome.com/en/100quiltblocks/download-blocks/
        Barb

Comment

Thanks Barb (Geneva) that's going to be really useful.

Right so here is Limbania's row. Just what you need to see on a cold cloudy autumn day. Thank you again

and the rows together. Great !! Thanks all :cheer:

Comment

Limbania/Wendy - what a fun row!
            Wendy - your rows look great together.

Barb :-)

Comment

Great to see so many great rows together. :cheer:

Comment

Hello all! It has been a hectic few months. I've finished my maternity leave and returned to work Abby is doing well and we're all adjusting to new schedules. Last weekend and this weekend I made time to sit down and catch up on my rows - thanks so much for your patience. Dorothy, Limbania, Rosmarie F, and Rosmary C your rows are all in envelopes ready to head to the post office. I hope to make it by early this week - as long as mommy brain doesn't strike again (last week I managed to lock my keys in my trunk for the first time in my life, the worst of a thousand small sleep deprived moments since returning to work :blink: ).

Love seeing all the great rows! Off to feed a hungry baby!
                - Jen

Comment

Jen, kudos to you for returning to work with a baby and other Little's. I only had the one and was fortunate that our finances was such that it was possible for me to be a stay at home mum (basically if I had gone back to work, all the money would have gone on childcare). Really hoping you get to have a good nights sleep soon, and I am looking forward to my parcel. Planning on some trees for you at the moment

Comment

Hi Jen,
                    Can't believe you've already returned to work. Glad to hear Abby's doing well and everyone's adjusting too. Hope you all enjoy the fall festivities.
                    Barb

Comment

Wow Jen are you superwoman! Baby, working, lack of sleep and then you get the rows done and have time to post on here!

Lovely to hear from you and tickle your little Abby's toes for me.

Comment

Hello ladies!
                        Jen, congrats on your beautiful baby girl! Wow, you really are super woman. Hats off to you.

Lovely blocks everyone!

Heather and Andrée, thank you for the beautiful rows. Love them!

Wendy - Wow! Those chicks were fast, so glad you liked them.

Cathy and Andrée, hopefully you already got your rows too. Sorry for the delay. They got mailed together with Wendy's row.

Summer was pretty busy with the kids and life "happenings". Here's a summary of some of the highlights.

Renatta (that's DD) started middle school this year and we moved her to a new school, BASIS is the name. She'll be there all the way to high school. Is farther than her prior school and in the beginning it was crazy driving her and then Marcus (that's DS) to his school. After the first week we decided to switch Marcus to the same school Renatta is attending, although he is in a different campus, a few blocks from Renatta's. But instead of driving almost 50 miles twice a day now I drive about 35ish miles twice a day. Spending about 3 hour a day between driving and drop off/pick up time makes for listening lots of audio books, let me tell you. It broke my heart to get Marcus out of the Spanish immersion program he attended in his former school but decided it was better for everyone. He is now lerning Mandarin but at home continues reading, listening music and watching movies and cartoons in Spanish. Hopefully when is time to choose an elective language in 7th grade (he's in 2nd now) he'll go back to Spanish. The school is wonderful and one of the best 10 schools in the US but it comes with a price... lots of homework!

Things are not stable for Mark (that's DH) at work. First he had his salary cut off so, we had to adjust accordingly. He still has a job and was told he'll have one no matter what but, what we don't know is when changes happen what salary and conditions/benefits he'll have. I decided is time for me to start having some income but getting a job doesn't seem to be a good thing for us so I'm starting a quilting business. I bought the Bernina Q24 long arm machine and waiting for it to be delivered in a week or so. There's going to be a learning curve to learn to use it and get started promoting the biz and attracting clients. In the meantime I'm learning as much as I can and getting some blog, FB page and group set up. Later on I might have a website.

Kids and I are in good health although I had a bit of a scare back in August when I had my half year check up. Thankfully it seems is only a tiny cyst and hope that with massage and some supplements it'll go away. Mark found out he's got an inguinal hernia and is having surgery today Monday, Oct/24. Thankfully is going to be done endoscopically and therefore ambulatory. Hopefully he'll recover quickly since other than that he's in good health. We would appreciate prayers and healing vibes/thoughts.

Working on getting organized to not get behind on the rows and "visit" with you all more often. Hugs to you all.

Comment

Dear Limbania,
                          I'm not doing the Row Robin but have been a TQS member for years. I often read the posts here to see what everyone is doing. I will be praying for you all especially your DH whom I hope has a speedy recovery. Good Luck on your quilting business I have a feeling that you will do great.
                          Warm wishes
                          Pam (in Scotland)

Comment

I'm just checking in to let you all know I am alive and well, even though I have been quiet for a while. I did finally get the last three rows that I made, ready to mail, sometime later this week.

It has been fun catching up and looking at all of the wonderful rows that everyone is making! You ladies rock!

Take care, Jen! You are amazing! And, Limbania, it's good to "see" you again! It's been a while!

Dawn

Comment

Hope all went smoothly for Mark Limbania. Thank you for your update, heavens that drive is enormous.

Good luck with the long arm, hope it's lots of fun as well as work.

Comment

Hope things went well for Mark, Limbania. And that your fledgling business takes off, don't be too soft hearted when it comes to charging for your time (it is much easier working for strangers, than friends!)

Ooooh, Dawn I love your photo, you tease you :woohoo:

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1976 users online. 189 members and 1787 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25585   Active Members: 1,289  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X