Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Row Robin starts Jan. 2016 All info on first post.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cathy / Luann: I love the colors - looks like leaves...

Heather / Barb : What a beauty! HST Power!

Andrée

Comment

Awesome row Barb/ Heather!!!

Dorothy

Comment

Just a quick note - my parcel arrived safely from Limbania, Wow they are perfect - mad as it sounds I haven't dared try curved piecing, and the fabric is luscious and rich - lucky, lucky me :cheer: B) :cheer: photos will follow

Comment

Heather: Your row is leaving my house today - this was my March month, so I'm barely on time...

Brenda: Your row is also leaving my house today - this was my April month, so I'm ahead! :woohoo:

My next two rows are "Flavors of you" style.... I'll try to put some "mini" blocks in...

Andrée

Comment

Brenda did you get my row I posted it ages ago.

I started next row and was doing well until I realised I was making it 6" instead of 6.5" grrrr.

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Yikes Wendy!

I'm pulling fabric for my next row today, hopefully assemble tomorrow.

Barb

Comment

Wendy, surely no one would care about width being a little off! Many people even said they would welcome varied widths....don't fret over being "off" by a half inch! I am sure it will be lovely no matter what and the recipient will be thrilled!

Comment

It's annoying me though, I drew the design up to fit 6" finished so I've recut it and all's well. I'm enjoying this row.

Comment

Lotti, I don't mind waiting, so don't stress about it. I hope you didn't have trouble at the airport. The news said there was a workers strike there. Hope the show goes great for you. Enjoy the visit with Ritzy and whoever else might come. I was really tempted, but had to babysit for the grands. It would have been a 6 hour drive for me. Worth it to meet up with you. Maybe next trip.

Jennifer, I finally got your row in the mail yesterday. It shouldn't take too long first class.

Comment

Cathy - Thanks for the heads up - I'll keep an eye on the mailbox!
                      Kathy - Since tomorrow is officially April I must say that I'm officially behind. :blush: Going to try and finish up this weekend (if all goes well). I just didn't have the energy last weekend Sorry for the delay! I'll let you know as soon as I get it in the mail.

And a humerous story for all to enjoy: We've had a spell of nice weather over the last few weeks. We took advantage of this one night when my mother came over after to help me watch the boys after work. We decided to play outside that night. After playing in the driveway and back yard for about an hour We decided to go for a walk and loaded the 2 year old up in the wagon since he couldn't keep up with the 4 year old. He was not amused and began our walk by crying at the top of his lungs. My mother had the bright idea to distract him with a daffodil from our garden. Both boys got a stem to play with and were happy as could be. We started off on our walk, checking in the wagon every few moments to make sure the 2 year old was happy and safe - i.e. still sitting and not trying to climb out. About 5 minutes into our walk (and only about 500 feet since I had previously looked back at him) I turned around and realized the 2 year old had nothing but a stem in his hand. He was happily waving it around like a magic wand. The flower was GONE :blink: out of my mouth came "you...no way...you ATE IT!" :blink: inch: there was only a bit of pollen left on his cheek, no other evidence that there had ever been a flower. :sick: This was not a small flower either - it must have required multiple bites! Now he was sitting happily in the wagon grinning ear to ear as if this was the greatest moment in his young life. :S Thinking back to medical school I remembered that many bulb flowers can contain irritants and alkaloids that can be painful or toxic if ingested :blink: so for the first time personally (having done it professionally numerous times) I had to call poison control. Turns out when it comes to daffodils the bulbs are toxic - usually causing projectile vomiting and occasionally contact irritation, but the flowers are not. They told me of a case involving a group of children who ate the bulbs thinking they were green onions and had projectile vomiting shortly thereafter but no other issues. So after watching him for an hour - during which time he was happily watching a movie and eating goldfish crackers as our walk had come to an unfortunate end - he was declared safe and released from poison control. So in short - my boys are no longer allowed to play with flowers :whistle:

Comment

No worries Jennifer! I have yet to do my first row, but I will catch up soon!
                        I'm so glad the"flower stalk walk" story turned out to be a funny one! You told it very well, with great use of the emoticons!
                        Wishing everyone a Happy April 1st. No foolin'!
                        Love to all, and happy quilting
                        Kathy
                        KatH

Comment

Limbania - I mailed your April Row Robin from me today you should receive on Monday the 4th!

Barb :-)
                          KatH

Comment

Drummom.....sent you a personal email...re : rows

Comment

Kathy - glad you liked my story. We're still joking about it - and probably will for the foreseeable future! For April fools I sent my husband a picture of daffodils and told him I found supper for the evening. :evil: I just finished your row today. Hope to get it in the mail early this week - I'll let you know when it finally posts.
                              Barb - I sent you a message about your row.
                              ~ Jen

Comment

Jen, my goodness! Your boys sound quite fun.....which I can say, as a mom of some slightly older, yet very similar sounding boys! I called poison control a couple of times back in those days.....glad it turned out to be nothing!

As far as rows go, I've planned my April row but didn't start working on it yet.....here's hoping I get it done before the end of the month. Sounds silly to say that this early on, but i have to finish my son's graduation quilt which is still just a pile of blocks! And graduation is in 5 short weeks!!!Yikes.

Marilyn (Idaho), I think you are my April, so I apologize now in case I'm late

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2449 users online. 271 members and 2178 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,234   Posts: 155,226   Members: 25685   Active Members: 1,317  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X