Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Row Robin starts Jan. 2016 All info on first post.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the extra House points go to ...Andree, yes the date is read day/month/year, rather than month/day/year - this always confuses me when I see mention to 9/11 as I think 'now I am sure that it didn't happen in November, silly American's, messing up the date again'

Dawn I hope it isn't 2nd of March, that would make me 2 rows behind, instead of just one :whistle: , and I would miss my birthday hmy: inch: And as we all know, having birthday's are good for our health, the more we have, the longer we will live :P B) :lol:

Comment

The US military write day/month/year also. I don't know why the rest of the US write it differently. In my genealogy program, it doesn't matter how you write it, they automatically turn it to day/month/year. I wonder if the camera knows what country we are in. I don't remember what I did when I first set up my camera. Just for info.

Comment

I was told once that in America, we drive on the "right" side of the road, but in Great Brittain, we drive on the "correct" side of the road! :cheer:

Andrée

Comment

Originally posted by "AndreeBergeron" post=135734
          I was told once that in America, we drive on the "right" side of the road, but in Great Brittain, we drive on the "correct" side of the road! :cheer:

Andrée
          Not wanting to be the "ugly American" I was careful not to say "wrong" side of the road. But the fact that description was in my head at all tells me something about myself. hmy: hmy: hmy:

Comment

Sorry Lois you all know the right side of the road is the wrong side of the road and the left side of the road is the right side of the road!

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

I love all this chatter!

I have a hard time with right and left. I always have to think which hand do I write with? Oh yes, this hand so that side is the right.

So, when we were in England and I was driving :woohoo: the only and best way for me to figure out which way to turn was keeping this as my standard. When you make a turn and follow the curb, that is a right turn. When you make a turn and cross traffic that is a left turn. It doesn't matter which side of the road or which country you are in. So when my mom was telling me which way to turn in England I would ask "follow the curb" or "cross traffic"? And I knew exactly which way to go. This drives my husband crazy. But then again I am very good at doing that anyway. :kiss: For those of you with right/left issues you will know what I mean. It makes perfect sense to me.

Oh the stuff we learn here at TQS!!!

geneva
              Geneva

Comment

Geneva = you have changed my life with that information and little tip! Thank you. When I was in Britain, we would come to a round-about and just keep going around and around until we figured out which way we wanted to go and then jump in, kind of like we did with skipping in the school yard. Take a hopeful flying jump and hope there isn't a crash.

Some things in life are just like that. Like love or FMQ! LOL!
                Geneva

Comment

As for dates and times, we use the British system for dates DD/MM/YYYY and the French people here use the American way MM/DD/YYYY. So confusing for a Quebeker! I like to use the 24-hour time, especially in the kitchen and the microwave. I have the 'old fashioned' watch with minute and second hands, so that's easy. BUT, apparently not for my grandchildren. And... I mentioned one day about winding my watch and my grandson looked at me like I had three heads and asked ' What is "winding" a watch mean?"
                  Geneva

Comment

Love that Terrie! I am always telling the grandkids: "in the olden days we..." They always think I am funny (or crazy)!

Comment

Thank you, everyone!
                      You have brought smiles and laughter to my day. God has certainly blessed me with your friendships.
                      As for the directionally challenged,,,
                      A quote from my husband, Honey, when you say left, do you mean your left, or the one the rest of the world means? And I have stopped saying turn right here when I mean at this spot! I try to say, turn here and point in the direction I want to go.
                      Cuz if you're facing me, my left is your right, right? Hmm, correct?
                      Wendy, don't send me out to the chicken coup for my sense of humor, please,,,,

Comment

In you go :lol:

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

As a French Québéker, I usually wirte the date in numbers as I would say it in words: 3 février 2016 = 3/2/2016. But I like Lotti's version as well, which makes sorting easier 2016-02-03.

For the directions, I abandonned saying left/right to my husband, since it was interpreted differently depending on the hour of the day... Now I just point the direction... :lol:

Andrée

Comment

Thanks for the input, Andree. I thought it was the English/French thing with the difference. I guess it's the CDN/US that has the difference. I haven't learned to do accents on my keyboard yet. :blush:

Comment

Terrie: I think you are right, it is a "regional" preference.
                              To have the accent, you either need to setup your keyboard as French or use MS-WORD, and "insert-symbol" to find the one you need...

Andrée

Comment

Right Andree. But I'd have to know where to put which accents...I speak French (kinda) but there are no accents in verbal language! LOL

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1965 users online. 184 members and 1781 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25585   Active Members: 1,289  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X