Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Virtual Retreat July 2015 - Join Anytime

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virtual Retreat July 2015 - Join Anytime

Our 'virtual' retreat idea started last month. We have been very actively encouraging each other and doing a fair amount of oohhhing and aahhing over the pictures that have been shared. If you're new, just jump right in. Introduce yourself. Tell us what your #1 POP (project of priority) is, at the moment. We know life has a way of changing our plans. We share our techniques, sources of information, and whatever may be on our mind.
    Think of it as a retreat where you can come dressed as you are, or aren't!?, sit and look over a shoulder, or get your project out and make a little progress on it. We are a group of people that enjoy sharing our passions.

Welcome to everyone,
    Luann

My intentions for July's Virtual Retreat:

1. Finish my online class work. I have 2 art quilts to make. One is about wind, clouds, and lightning. The second one is "earth". This one is based more on landscape than the earth's composition. But who knows where I will take it. I also have the two pieces that are 'in progress' that need further exploration. I'll post pictures as soon as I do a bit more on either of them.

2. I really want to make some headway on my pile of quilted pieces. They need bindings and homes!

3. While I'm busy with my retreat time this month, I want to kick the sugar addiction. Milk Duds need to be a sweet memory and a lost muffin top my new reality!

What do you have for your intentions during July?

Luann
    And I may just get busy on my blog again,,,
    www.letscreatetoday.blogspot.com

Comment

I am working on a two fabric,appliqué quilt, since I have been sort of laid up wearing a knee brace (fron groin to ankle) for the last four weeks, after I dislocated my hip on 5/31. It has been very inconvenient to walk,
      The pattern is for a wall hanging is Celtic Hearts by Nancy Lee Chong.
      I was in the process of fixing up a baby quilt to start quilting it for my new great granddaughter born on 5/21. But it has not been possible to do, so it is sitting till I can get around better. Going back to the Dr next week, and should be able to get rid of the brace.

It is nice to see what everyone is doing. There have been some great projects being worked on.

Margarita

Comment

Hope it goes well with brace Margarita. Your appliqué is a good idea while you're out of action can we see it.

My intentions for this month are to take a break and do some little projects to give me time to think of what to do next and catch up with BOM.

I'm going to try some virtual milk duds I'll let you know what I think :cheer:

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

My #1 POP is to finish a quilt for my husband's 70th birthday this month.
          Then back to my Judy Niemeyer paper piecing.

I will bring some unsweetened iced tea - per Barb's request.
          Since I have diabetes, that will be perfect for me too. I am looking for some new diabetes-friendly recipes for tea, hot or cold.

Margarita, I hope your hip heals well. I am glad that you didn't break it. I am glad you have some applique to do. Do you knit? I knitted an Aran cable sweater while in a leg cast after knee surgery. I had plenty of yarn and plenty of time, so I just kept knitting. It turned into a long sweater coat.

Judith

Comment

Hello,

I need to finish up the art quilt for my niece, Her wedding is August 1st. It's coming along quite nicely. I should be able to start quilting it soon. I'll take a picture and share it soon.

I have a couple of smaller items I'd like to make.

And.... I need to make a baby quilt for my new granddaughter due October 2015. The baby shower is in late August! Yikes!

It's nice being with all of you!

I have Dots as a treat. But I only allow myself 4 a day. And water. I drink lots of water!

See ya!

geneva
            Geneva

Comment

I am joining in on the healthier eating. For me it's low carbs and high protein. I cannot believe what that change has done for my energy level. It's great which is good. There is so much high energy work needing to be done outside. I am making picnic baskets, and make-up cases. I'll be needing quite a few hostess gifts associated with this upcoming wedding. Not far enough alone for pictures. The pineapple quilt is still set up ready for stitching but I haven't had a chance to touch it all month. I doubt I'll get to it until after the wedding. This marriage is a second marriage for both my daughter and her fiancé and it is at their summer cottage. I live half a continent away so I don't have much prep. I am expecting it to be low key, very relaxing and lots of fun. I will acquire 2 new grandchildren that day. Lots of excitement.

Comment

We're travelling July and couple weeks in August. I'll take and work on the TQS BOM Hexagons borders. A highlight this year is attending the Sister's (Oregon) Outdoor Quilt show. And of course two weeks with family at our time-share condo in Whistler, BC. We'll spend a week or so in Seattle visiting family and friends before heading home.

Barb

Comment

my virtual retreat must do is to get Maxiatura finished and ready for FoQ. I sent off for some silk thread the other day (thanks for the link Wendy), but still need to sort out some of the joins first.

Comment

Rosemary if I make it to Birmingham this year I will really look forward to seeing your miniature quilt in person.

I am working on the next wedding quilt now so that's what I will bring to my virtual retreat. I have decided to use the central motif from Sue Garman's Ruffled Roses quilt from the TQS BOM 2011 and I have designed the rest of the quilt in EQ7. At the moment I am stitching all the leaves around the heart stems. This quilt needs to be finished by mid December so hopefully I will have enough time to complete it before then.
                    We are having a heatwave here today - it was 31ºC and that's very very hot for us - so I am thinking that whatever drink I will have has to have a lot of ice with it. Maybe a gin and tonic would be nice. :cheer:

Comment

Gin and Tonic sounds wonderful. My sweetie just came home from the grocery store with more limes! B)

Is anyone planning on doing the Blossoms for Julie quilt that TQS is starting? I really like the center and was thinking of making it. In my free time with my extra money!

geneva
                      Geneva

Comment

Geneva,
                        I downloaded the introductory information. It looks very interesting to me. I will download each month but just when I will get to doing it, well,, we all know how that goes!! LOL
                        This past month has been so interesting and fun for me. I wish we could all get together physically at some time. We wouldn't get much sewing done, but we would sure enjoy being together. Every time a new person comes along it's like meeting up with a friend you hadn't seen for years, but you can just pick right up and continue on together.
                        The Internet can be a very good place.
                        Luann
                        Geneva

Comment

Rita - fabulous central motif, can't wait to see more!
                          Geneva - gin and tonic sounds great about now. I thought about the Blossoms for Julie but haven't taken any action.
                          Margarita - hope things improve for you soon the Celtic Hearts sound neat.
                          Judith - looking forward to the tea!
                          Wendy - Imagine chocolate covered bit size caramels.
                          Barb
                          Geneva

Comment

Originally posted by "Reetzbobeetz" post=131136
                            I am working on the next wedding quilt now so that's what I will bring to my virtual retreat. I have decided to use the central motif from Sue Garman's Ruffled Roses quilt from the TQS BOM 2011 and I have designed the rest of the quilt in EQ7.
                            Wow, Rita! That will be a lovely gift for the couple. I so admire hand appliqué but am a complete clutch when I try
                            Marianne

Comment

Thank you to Luann for getting this thread going!
                              My WTDL (want-to-do-list) for July is:
                              1. finish blocks for my quil-ket
                              2. start berry FMQ sample
                              3. start embroidery machine cover
                              4. maybe explore my hand embroidery/drawing I started while away from home

and a few dressmaking projects I won't bore you with
                              Marianne

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1943 users online. 157 members and 1786 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25584   Active Members: 1,288  
                              Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X