Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

10 inch bright colored florals large designs

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10 inch bright colored florals large designs

Hello,
    This is my first time here and I have several large print bright colored floral blocks and can't seem to find a pattern which will work.
    Any one have any suggestions?
    Thanks
    Fritzie
    From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Hello,
    I liked those large floral prints and saw a photo on TQS Gallery - I found this website which has a pattern called 'Tuesday Garden Club'

http://hedgehogquilts.com/index2.html

I bought the pattern but not the fabrics....duh!

Hope this helps,

Nan

Comment

Well, I have know help for you but I did want to welcome you. It is good to see new people posting.

Comment

Fritzi, why don't you get yourself a cup of coffee, put your feet up, and look through the 'gallery'. There are hundreds of quilts there, and you may find some inspiration for your florals.
        From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

or you could look at Kaffe Fassetts "Simple Shapes, Spectacular Quilts". It is calling for big florals. And by the way welcome to this fabulous forum. Norma

living in Central Denmark
          Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

I just picked up a book today called Fabulous fractures by Brenda Esslinger. It uses these large floral prints and is pretty cool looking.
            http://www.amazon.com/Fabulous-Fract...934&sr=8-1

living in Central Denmark
            Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

Tuesdays Flower Garden is a great design to use large print florals. I have made two. the pattern I bought was for a lap quilt but I expanded it for a large queen which I gave to my grand nephew for his wedding quilt and made one for dh and me for our motor home which is for a California queen (shorter than a regular queen) It is a great pattern and really easy piecing. Hugs, Ann

Comment

Ditto Lorchen

But welcome to this great forum and look forward to seeing you regulary on this site, and good luck with your quilt, and when you do finish it come on back and post a photo.

Taree NSW - Australia
                My motto in life: live by the three GGG’s - be Grateful, be Gracious, be Gorgeous to yourself

Comment

To Snowplow3840 - Ann,
                  It was your Photo posting in the Gallery or maybe your blog? which made me search to find the pattern. I don't know why I find those fabrics so attractive, other than I love flowers and those fabrics are so realistic.
                  Thanks for posting.

Nan

Comment

These large floral designs now so prevalent in quilt shops are gorgeous. Just make sure that the entire flower is prominently featured in the majority of your project. Nothing drives me nuttier than to see a very large floral pattern truncated, chopped, and mutilated into a 6" border. These showy floral designs beg for large areas to be shown at their best and happily there are quilt designers who understand the need for patterns to accommodate these fabrics.

Comment

You could always try an attic windows pattern, that way each print could be set off by complimentary sashings and echo quilting in each window or thread painting could be a viable option for finishing. Best of luck in your search for a pattern.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2254 users online. 267 members and 1987 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25589   Active Members: 1,300  
                      Welcome to our newest member, Vicki Robles-csadrbls80.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                      X