Quilting Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

• Information on diamond borders
    MONTH 10 is up today, September 29, 1 pm. central time. Watch the videos, read the blog, before you begin.

• MONTH 10 -- Show Your Progress HERE
    Please use this TOPIC to share your progress.
  • MONTH 10 -- Ask Questions HERE
    Please use this TOPIC to ask questions about Month 10....
  • MONTH 9 — Show Your Progress Here
    Thank you Barbara. Couldn't have done it without you. I am using hand embroidery to embellish all blocks, Hand work was...
    Thank you so much!...
    Connie, I have requested that. Keep an eye open.
    Thanks for the additional info Barbara! This has all been very helpful. If I were being granted wishes, I would also wish...
  • Printing the patterns
    The 2023 BOM is expected to be revealed between mid-October and early November.

This post was put in the 2020...
  • Printing the patterns
    How do I get a reply?
  • Printing the patterns
    When will the 2023 block of the month be shown?
    New blog today gives lots of information on piecing the Diamond borders:

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
  • IMPORTANT -- Things to Know Before Making Diamond Borders
    Reading--and enjoying the process
  • Month 10 Vases
    Each month as blocks are made the instructions tell you which blocks to sew together to form each section/row. At the end...
  • HELLO AND THANKS TO EVERYONE
    Hi Sue, I was so pleasantly surprised to see that you are from the Hudson Valley. I to am from there. I lived in Wappingers...
  • Month 10 Vases
    when will we learn how to put the blocks together? Are we supposed to sew the blocks we have finished around the center...
  • Month 10 Vases
    No, the ombré fabrics and Kaffe have nothing to do with the 2023 BOM. But I have started that, eager to show it off, s...
  • The Handmade Quilt - Progress Pictures
    Dee and TQS: thank you for offering this skill-building project. I plan a combo approach, some hand piecing, some machine...
  • Month 10 Vases
    Barbara, It had been 2 weeks since I looked at your blog. Can't tell you how much I love the ties quilt and the wool quilt...
  • No more items.

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

Our Sponsors

antique map wall hanging

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

antique map wall hanging

I am working on a wall hanging that is a map of Westeros. This is intended to eventually end up in a quilt show (if I ever get time to quilt again). I want it to look like a very old map that has survived a great deal of abuse, including fire. I know how I am going to give it the burned look on the fabric edges, but I am uncertain about what to do as far as stitching the sandwich together at the edges. One option I have considered is folding the edge of the backing over the batting, and then using monopoly thread to catch that to the top. That will allow me to char just the top edges without involving the batting and backing. Do you think that type of "binding" will be acceptable for a quilt show?

Any opinions on my proposed approach or suggestions to do something else are welcome. Thank you.

I have no idea about what type of binding is acceptable for a quilt show but it sounds like an awesome project. I thought about doing a similar type map from my son some years ago but ended up making grandbaby quilts instead.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 975 users online. 472 members and 503 guests.

Most users ever online was 7,765 at 03:22 PM on 04-08-2022.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,988   Posts: 150,784   Members: 21464   Active Members: 1,802  
    Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
    X