Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Profile Image
    replied
    I have no idea about what type of binding is acceptable for a quilt show but it sounds like an awesome project. I thought about doing a similar type map from my son some years ago but ended up making grandbaby quilts instead.

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    started a topic antique map wall hanging

antique map wall hanging

I am working on a wall hanging that is a map of Westeros. This is intended to eventually end up in a quilt show (if I ever get time to quilt again). I want it to look like a very old map that has survived a great deal of abuse, including fire. I know how I am going to give it the burned look on the fabric edges, but I am uncertain about what to do as far as stitching the sandwich together at the edges. One option I have considered is folding the edge of the backing over the batting, and then using monopoly thread to catch that to the top. That will allow me to char just the top edges without involving the batting and backing. Do you think that type of "binding" will be acceptable for a quilt show?

Any opinions on my proposed approach or suggestions to do something else are welcome. Thank you.

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 959 users online. 328 members and 631 guests.

Most users ever online was 7,765 at 04:22 PM on 04-08-2022.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,011   Posts: 151,069   Members: 21967   Active Members: 2,114  
Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
X