Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Make it your own embroidery class -- show your work

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Came late to the party from Canada but I used Jennifer Sampou’s Sky Ombré fabric for background and once I got started couldn’t stop. A great embroidery sampler. Enjoyed it tremendously.

Comment

• Helen W. commented
      Editing a comment
      Penny, You have a real eye for stitches and thread colors that look great together. So interesting to look at with the zoom. Beautifully done. Love the fabric too. What thread did you use? HelenW

• Penny C. commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Helen, DMC Perle 8, Valdani 12, Aurifil Mako NE 12/2, colors I had in my stash

• stitchdiva commented
      Editing a comment
      Penny I love th background and all the wonderful stitching you have done where in Canada are you I also am a Canadian from Alberta

So far plus hunting down and buying emb books!

Comment

Decided to get more organized on learning stitches- I took my sample pieces, labeled them with name and page #s, and backed with 7"x10" felt. I put a button hole in each corner and put all the pages on a ring. Then I made a cover out of a 2010 (!) class project of fancy stitches. I also backed this with felt and put a ribbon loop inside for the ring. Now I can have a good visual reference as I decide what to do next and I can see which book to refer back to for directions as needed. This was a good snowy day project! Now I'm ready to get back to the circles on silk as I'm super excited with new ideas.

Comment

• Penny C. commented
        Editing a comment
        Peg,
        I love that Alex featured this today cause after seeing yours I decided I would use mine for a cover too. Such a good idea.

Originally posted by MSHendel View Post
      Decided to get more organized on learning stitches- I took my sample pieces, labeled them with name and page #s, and backed with 7"x10" felt. I put a button hole in each corner and put all the pages on a ring. Then I made a cover out of a 2010 (!) class project of fancy stitches. I also backed this with felt and put a ribbon loop inside for the ring. Now I can have a good visual reference as I decide what to do next and I can see which book to refer back to for directions as needed. This was a good snowy day project! Now I'm ready to get back to the circles on silk as I'm super excited with new ideas.
      Peg, I love your idea for a stitch guide. Would love to see a photo of the cover laid out flat so I can see the whole design.
      The buttonhole idea for hanging the pages on a ring is very cleaver. I hope I take the inspiration and make one too. It is such a great idea. HelenW

PS Circles On Silk would be a great title for a label for your stitch project.

Comment

Helen, here is the full shot of the cover. I took a class in 2010 with Rebecca Rinquist. She makes samplers to work on already labeled. I found her today on CreativeBug. This sampler has been stuck in a drawer for 12 years!!!! Peg

Comment

Helen, here is the full shot of the cover. I took a class in 2010 with Rebecca Rinquist. She makes samplers to work on already labeled. I found her today on CreativeBug. This sampler has been stuck in a drawer for 12 years!!!! Peg
          Thank you Peg for the picture of your sampler. I have a lot of things that never made it into a finished project. That was the
          perfect fit for making an organizer. Meant to be. I will check out Rebecca Rinquist. HelenW

Comment

Better late than never! Enjoying all the handwork.
            Cheryl P.

Comment

I was inspired by the heart on the back of Hand Embroidery Dictionary and started a practice piece. And yes, Alex's right, I look at it and say "I don't like you" but I will continue to add on to it. Now to fill in the empty spaces.

Comment

Alex Anderson, I wanted you to see the hankie jacket I made from my grandmother who passed at 106 yrs. olf & I did embroidered
                the dolls & butterfly. A treat to wear this jacket with memories of Mama Hayes.

Comment

Comment

I’ve enjoyed this class and this is my progress!

Comment

Peg, So glad Alex featured your stitch guide on her You Tube Live. It is the perfect was to use the project if you don't just plan
                      to frame it. Bet a lot of the quilters use your idea. Thanks for sharing. HelenW

Comment

Thank you Alex! What a surprise it was to see my embroidery on TV! I have filled in the heart, and it's growing on me. It definitely needs - as my daughter says - some bling!
                        I am using the threads in the brights kit. On the inner heart, I used the Pekinese Stitch from Sue Spago's book (pp. 40-41). It's a foundation row of backstitches with a weave of e's through it. The filling stitches are running stitch & fly stitch (orange), cretan stitch (blue), and the grid (red) in the middle. Next, I am going to do the lazy daisy vine around the outside. I also think it needs some French knots and flowers.

Comment

• Helen W. commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Kyla, Wow, it looks great. Amazing what a difference filling the hearts with stitches makes. HelenW

Lots of fun with this. The shiny threads are rayon - tricky to embroider with.

Comment

• Helen W. commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Marni, Your ovals look great with the squiggly vines. Wish my stitches looked as good as yours. I better keep practicing. HelenW

Hard to see the metallic thread. So much fun to do in the evening. Chris
                        Last edited by chclar; 01-22-2022, 05:35 PM.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1273 users online. 254 members and 1019 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,772   Members: 25246   Active Members: 1,500  
                        Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                        X