Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Make it your own embroidery class -- show your work

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was able to work on more circles over the weekend and now have 15 done-halfway! These are a few of my favorites. Have learned many new stitches in the process including the Trellis stitch which is a new favorite!
    Carole B. aka nhbaskets

Comment

• betty k. commented
      Editing a comment
      this is gorgeous

I’m so enjoying this project. I love having some handwork to do in the evenings and this fits the bill perfectly.

Comment

Hate to say it, but the BOM is getting most of my attention. But here is what I have done so far. Looking forward to learning new
      stitches today. Thank you for the lessons. HelenW

Comment

I took this piece with me to show my 90 year old Mom this past week. She did some embroidery work before the other 7 kids came along. Obviously her time became very limited after that. My Dad was a truck driver and home only on weekends so she was on her own and no time for stitching. She loved looking at the piece I'm working on, scrutinizing every inch for nearly 15 minutes and finally announced her favorite circle thus far! Her embroidered dresser scarves are a treasure to me and I hope to have one of them someday. As for my piece, I can't get enough. It's opened up a new passion for me. Thanks Alex!

Comment

Comment

• Debra W. commented
            Editing a comment
            I love your paisleys!

Love working on this, but I had to take a break when my thumb got sore from making French knots!

Comment

Looking forward to trying the fly stitch and double chain stitch. I did a circle of double chain from a book, but I like Alex's version better.
            Thanks to Carol G for the monogram idea, and for the discussion in the forum about French vs. Colonial knots. The colonial knots work better for me.
            And thanks, Alex, for the advice to just keep adding more stitching if you don't like what you have at first. I am not sure I'm done with any of these circles, but when I step back they seem to tell me what to add next!
            Last edited by Debra W.; 01-03-2022, 05:14 PM.

Comment

• Carole B. commented
              Editing a comment
              This is lovely! Well done!

• Rose L. commented
              Editing a comment
              Your stitching is beautiful.

Hi everyone,

My package from TQS finally arrived! It was stalled at customs at the border. I had to pay a hefty fee to get it, but the Sashiko needles and the variegated thread was really worth the wait!

Everything was extremely well packaged too!

I have gotten used to my lap quilting frame for this, since the hoop rotates 360 degrees, but I will try the lap app.

I will continue with my aquarium since I have so much time and energy invested in it, and I'll try something later with the silks and some beautiful fabric my daughter brought me at Christmas.

Noella (From cold, cold Quebec)
            Last edited by Noella D.; 01-04-2022, 11:52 PM.

Comment

I'm splitting time between this project and the 2022 BOM- nice to have the variety. Hardest part for me is deciding on what pattern to try next!! The photos on the forum are invaluable for getting ideas! Loved the sample with a loop-di-loop through straight stitch isee detail in photo one.

Comment

• stitchdiva commented
                Editing a comment
                I love your progress shots so inspiring

Making progress with some new stitches including lazy daisy and basket weaving. The embroidery dictionary book that Alex recommended is great! I am stitching on a background of pieced Moda Grunge using Presencia and Eleganza size 8 thread. Happy Stitching, All!

Comment

Originally posted by UMTERP76 View Post
                Making progress with some new stitches including lazy daisy and basket weaving. The embroidery dictionary book that Alex recommended is great! I am stitching on a background of pieced Moda Grunge using Presencia and Eleganza size 8 thread. Happy Stitching, All!
                Karla, Your piece is turning out beautiful. You have to have done hand work, or like me just learning, to appreciate how much time
                and thought has gone into your piece. Have you decided what you are going to do with it? HelenW

Comment

How many stitches does it take for you to name the quilt designer??? Kind of like Name That Tune. HelenW
                  Last edited by Helen W.; 01-10-2022, 09:18 AM.

Comment

• Peg commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Irene Black! the 2022 BOM in embroidery!!

• Carole B. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Helen—How wonderful! I half considered doing the 2022 BOM in wool (again), but this might even be better! Thanks for the inspiration, my friend!

Originally posted by MSHendel View Post
                  Irene Black! the 2022 BOM in embroidery!!
                  Peg, You are right that makes you the winner!!! Just need to spell her last name Blanck. Just left out one letter in Irene's last name. I figured I would do the center block. First out line, then
                  fill in with embroidery I am learning from Alex. HelenW
                  Last edited by Helen W.; 01-09-2022, 11:57 AM.

Comment

• Peg commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Helen,
                    computer did autocorrect!!!!! BLANCK BLANCK BLANCK - maybe it will learn a new word now!!

So my 30 circles are 99.98% done. Just need to add Turkey Work to final circle. Another new stitch to learn and who knew you needed a Bunka Brush?!? That’s on order, so will move back to my 2021 BOM. Thanks, Alex for the much needed diversion over these past two weeks (for me)!
                  Carole B. aka nhbaskets

Comment

A different way of working using fabric samples and a couple of scraps. I didn't know how this would work out, so started embroidering on the pieces to be assembled later (if ever!) The first circle reminded me of a stitching project I came across during lockdown which suggested putting words on textile art, so the first circle became an 'O' and the message folllowed 'Go slow - enjoy'.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1080 users online. 189 members and 891 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,768   Members: 25244   Active Members: 1,511  
                    Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                    X