Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Make it your own embroidery class -- show your work

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My small beginning.
    JET

Comment

Irene, Thank you for posting your Brazillian embroidery. You do beautiful work. I love it when skilled
      quilters jump into a project even if it was directed towards beginners. You have so much to offer.When Carole B started her Color My World quilt on linen and done all by hand, I was so impressed that went out and bought Sue Spargo's stitch book. I only learned the back stitch
      and did a couple other stitches a little bit. Here is a picture of my Back Stitch Moose. HelenW

Comment

• Irene A. commented
        Editing a comment
        Your backstitch moose is lovely. I love handwork. Am known for my redwork. Took lessons on Brazilian embroidery in 2002. Have about 15 completed blocks. Also do silk ribbon embroidery and beads which I incorporate into Brazilian and redwork. Brings out my creativity!

Here is my pieced background. Don't know the orientation I am going to use. I am thinking about putting a silhouette scene on
      it and then the stitches will be in bright colors. Won't be able to work on it until the weekend. HelenW

Comment

Here is my background piece for our embroidery fun. I used silks that I have had for probably 20 years… a fellow teacher gave them to me. I have 5 yds. or so of the colors in the picture plus a black one and a white with stenciled black leaves. Some are Jim Thompson Thai Silk and some are T. Shinawatra Thai Silk. And BTW, silk fabric does not smell good! I googled the smelly problem many years ago and found that you’re supposed to put in on a hanger and take it outside to air for a few days… hmmm…

Comment

My design. Marked circles will work on it like a Crazy quilt .

Comment

• Karla W. commented
            Editing a comment
            Love the crazy quilt idea for your design!

Do you cut and make the background first then put the whole stabilizer on the back or cut each one and put the stabilizer on then sew them together? Thank you

Comment

• Linda L. commented
            Editing a comment
            Stabilizer on first, then cut and piece

I’m just getting started, but I’m loving exploring new stitches. So far I’ve used Sue Spargo’s book and some from the blog Pintangles. Thanks, Alex!

Comment

• Linda L. commented
            Editing a comment
            This is looking great

Comment

• Jackie M. commented
            Editing a comment
            I found these other silks in my crazy quilt stash.

I'm thinking of adding to the kit I got from TQS ( also in photo) or not.

Comment

Got my fabric pieced tonight. I really like how it turned out. Not sure if I'm going to do circles, straight lines, or a combination of both. Shall ponder the possibilities. Not sure how much I will get done. Have friends party here on 18th and Christmas day with family. This weekend is for cleaning. Blah, then cooking after that. Have a wonderful Christmas everyone. Chris Clar

Comment

Got my background together tonight. I've never worked with silk anything before. The fabric is gorgeous.
              Edit-the pic is sideways, needs to be 1/4 turn clockwise
              Carol in SW Michigan

Comment

I still haven’t received my TQS order. I guess it is in hold at the US / Canadian border. But I decided to try some embroidery on some of the fabric my friend gave me. I saw the blue as an aquarium, lol. So I decided I’d put a Koi on it. I finally got around to trying some embroidery, after fiddling with cutting around the fish for some of the day. I used the stem stitch, and DMC embroidery floss.
                Here I also ironed down the piece where I embroidered it to erase the markings and flatten the fabric. I will try a hoop next time.
                I had fun!
                Thanks Alex for this calm oasis, in my case I even have the water for the oasis, lol!

Comment

Barbara, somehow I posted to your picture instead of the correct spot. Sorry. Can you move it? HelenW

Comment

• Karla W. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Love how you are combining different techniques! This looks fabulous!

• Barbara B. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Helen, I can’t move it from a visitor message. So just post again here, people will want to see your canvas.

Making progress with embroidery on circles. Using stem stitch with purple Presencia size 8 thread. The background is a variety of Moda Grunge. I've been using Moda Grunge with my embroidery projects for the last 6 months. It's easy to stitch through and leaves an interesting shadowing. My background is 20 inches square. It could end up being a pillow, wallhanging, or used in a bag. We'll see! Happy Stitching, All!
                  Karla from Maryland
                  Last edited by Karla W.; 12-10-2021, 09:58 AM.

Comment

working on circles and ovals. From Toni Johnson

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1060 users online. 198 members and 862 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,768   Members: 25244   Active Members: 1,511  
                    Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                    X