Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Spinning Spools--SHOW YOUR WORK HERE

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was HARD. Getting the machine appliqué applied went smooth but struggled with putting the appliqué borders to body. Glad Alex shared that option.

Comment

The scraps from Spinning Spools make for lovely crumb quilting.

Comment

• Helen W. commented
        Editing a comment
        Love the way you think Gayle B. HelenW

My Spinning Spools is completed....hanging sleeve and label attached...not able to get the full photo to load properly....but it is...what it is....
      Lower Mainland, British Columbia, Canada

Comment

• Helen W. commented
        Editing a comment
        Elaine, Your quilt is beautiful. Love the color palette. When I clicked on it, the photo shows full size. I found that out when I was
        having the same problem with my photos. I really like the way you used the flower motif for the quilting in the open spaces.
        Well Done!!! HelenW

• Lisa E. commented
        Editing a comment
        Love the blue background

Originally posted by Lisaespanol
      Finally got my Spinning Spools Quilt bound. Love it, thanks for the classes Alex!
      I can't see a photo with the info provided.
      Lower Mainland, British Columbia, Canada

Comment

• Lisa E. commented
        Editing a comment
        The photos did not upload but I just watched Barbara B ‘s tutorial on posting so I’ll give it another try.

Hope these upload this time...
      Spinning Spools quilted and bound.

Comment

• Helen W. commented
        Editing a comment
        Love how you made it larger with the extra borders. HelenW

• Paula T. commented
        Editing a comment
        Lisa, I love your quilting pattern, did you free motion it, or ruler quilt or is it an edge to edge? I was told by my quilter I couldn't do an edge to edge because of the thickness in the seam joints, bumps, throw the long arm off, so I'd have to do a custom or do it myself, so I'm working to figure out how to quilt it on my domestic.

• Lisa E. commented
        Editing a comment
        This quilt was finished on a long arm , edge to edge , with a daisy design. She said she had no problem quilting it.

Finished! Thank you to the person who first put ghost flowers in the border.

Comment

• Georgia B. commented
        Editing a comment
        Your quilt looks very nice! I also appreciate the ghosts flowers. Another thank you to the person who used them first.

If you don’t mind sharing, what thread color and type did you use in the spools? Thanks!

Originally posted by candygarrido View Post
      Finished! Thank you to the person who first put ghost flowers in the border.
      Candy, I love your quilt. Great idea to put grid work in combo with the ghost flowers. It looks great!!! HelenW

Comment

This is my spinning spools quilt!

Comment

I put flowers in the white area by the spools.

Comment

Aloha Alex and quilters! I finished the Spinning Spools quilt with a variation to the border. I decided to continue the theme of sewing by adding notions to the border. I made a measuring tape out of the green to connect all the pincushions, scissors and rotary cutters. So much fun! I made the border out of the cutouts from the spools. First time I have made a scallop edge and I really like it. The backing is white with white thread and I quilted it myself. Thanks so much Alex for this sew-along, really enjoyed it and learned a lot of new techniques. Looking forward to the next project. Brenda

Comment

• Carol M. commented
              Editing a comment
              I love what you did on the border. Both inside and binding. How did you quilt the spools? I am looking closer and see all the details in your quilting. I think I can do something like that. Your photo was very encouraging!
              Last edited by Carol M.; 08-23-2021, 05:58 AM. Reason: Spelling and more statements

• Judy S. commented
              Editing a comment
              Brenda L. That’s the perfect appliqué border for a quilt made of spools. Sew creative!

Originally posted by Brenda939 View Post
            Aloha Alex and quilters! I finished the Spinning Spools quilt with a variation to the border. I decided to continue the theme of sewing by adding notions to the border. I made a measuring tape out of the green to connect all the pincushions, scissors and rotary cutters. So much fun! I made the border out of the cutouts from the spools. First time I have made a scallop edge and I really like it. The backing is white with white thread and I quilted it myself. Thanks so much Alex for this sew-along, really enjoyed it and learned a lot of new techniques. Looking forward to the next project. Brenda
            Brenda, Super cute border. Love the way your quilt turned out. Is it going to be hanging in your sewing room??? HelenW

Comment

Thanks Helen. Yes, It is perfect for my sewing room.

Comment

I completed my Spinning Spools top and it was a joy to make. I hand and machine appliqué the borders! All of the stems and double petals of the flowers are machine appliqué and the rest of the petals, circles and the leaves are all hand appliquéd. The centers of some of the flowers and circles are the leftovers from the center blocks. Thanks Alex for designing this fabulous quilt!

Comment

Originally posted by cmannconso View Post
                  I completed my Spinning Spools top and it was a joy to make. I hand and machine appliqué the borders! All of the stems and double petals of the flowers are machine appliqué and the rest of the petals, circles and the leaves are all hand appliquéd. The centers of some of the flowers and circles are the leftovers from the center blocks. Thanks Alex for designing this fabulous quilt!
                  Carol M, I love the way you used pieced centers in some of the flowers. What a beautiful quilt!!! HelenW

Comment

I truly enjoyed working on this pattern. Thanks Alex and team!
                    i also was inspired by all of you that shared your pics. So when it came time to quilt mine I totally went outside my comfort zone. It began when I found this watering can embroidery design, then it was the fairies (pic not so great), then the dragon! I am not sure if you can see in the pics but wanted them to be mystical and so stitched white on white. But I did do some in bolder colors on the spools. Used fabrics from my stash for this...
                    Mona Smith
                    Nelson, BC Canada

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2112 users online. 220 members and 1892 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                    Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

Working...
                    X