Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Faces

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Face is finished. Thank you Alex for sharing this project with us. Thanks to all quilters for sharing your beautiful faces. They made me smile and laugh every time I looked at them. Wishing you all the best and happy Thanksgiving. Greetings from good old Germany.

Comment

I am done adding to my face. I still need to quilt it, but I am happy with how she's turned out. Thanks again for this series. So much fun!
      [attachment:1]1123200953.jpg /attachment

Comment

All done! Here is “Paola’s Loves” (representing &

celebrating people and a dog that I love).

Comment

When I post my picture, should I see the picture or just the file reference when i submit the post?

Comment

More students in the graduating class!!!
            PS You probably all know that when you struggle to do something new, you create new brain connections that improve brain health as you age.
            That is an added bonus for many of us. HelenW

Comment

Originally posted by "Jaygrist" post=151576
              When I post my picture, should I see the picture or just the file reference when i submit the post?
              Jaygrist, You should see the picture if you clicked on the word insert. And you should see an attachment to click on with the picture if you just clicked on file. I would say try again.
              Click add file, and insert. then submit. Wait until you see your post before leaving the screen. HelenW

Comment

Originally posted by "Genier54" post=151574
                I am done adding to my face. I still need to quilt it, but I am happy with how she's turned out. Thanks again for this series. So much fun!
                [attachment:1]1123200953.jpg /attachment
                Genier54, Your picture did not show up. Make sure you add your picture using the forum procedure. Write your message, click add file. Choose you picture from your computer or phone and click on insert if you want to see it in the message.Click the little blue box to uncheck it if you don't want everyones emails coming to your inbox. HelenW

Comment

It's mad - says my husband!

Comment

Really fun to revisit the little girl in me.

Comment

I finished my face. Is it me? Kind of ... kind of not. I am not a red head but liked the look. I used the frayed threads from washing my red fabrics for the Holiday Quilt. It was glued on after I finished the piece to keep the 3-D. The symbolism in the piece - Numbers, I was an accountant; Orca, I love all things Alaska; Christmas ornament earrings, I love Christmas; Florida State Seminole items, I love FSU sports; the house is for COVID, feather, just because they were fun; and the sewing machine, thread, fabric, buttons, tape measure and words ... I LOVE sewing and quilting. This reminds me a lot of my life - a little crazy and always busy. More is More! Thanks Alex. This was SO far out of my comfort zone but SO MUCH fun. You have pushed me to do interesting fun things I normally would not do. Happy Thanksgiving to all in the USA.

Comment

Tried 5 times to upload my avatar from my FACE, but it kept changing orientation to sideways. I give up.

Comment

All done! Calling it Paola's (Pow-la) Loves (as each item represents people that I love and a dog, too!) Lots of fun doing this Alex. Thanks! It made me think lovingly about many that are no longer with me but hold an important place in my heart and memories. The backing of the avatar is made with the last house dress my Mom wore when she was very ill. I love that it is a part of this quilt.

Comment

She getting closer. Can you see her long arm? I've done one pass with horizonal stitching. Now to do the black outline and bind/face.
                            I think I'm going to try to catch up instead of doing a christmas quilt. Thanks, Alex for your positive attitude and great tips.

Comment

Some progress. Can you see her long arm? I posted the wrong pic earlier so I deleted it, oops. Starting to quilt her.
                              I'm from Oregon and live in California now so I used a Northwest area map for her face. I love bird and quilting.
                              Fantasy is to be a quilty queen.

Comment

Notice my Covid pigtails. Haven’t had my hair cut in months. In the side panel are hollyhocks. Also see pictures of my three cats. And I do love horses! The atomic orbitals with music notation are for my husband, a chemical engineer who plays the piano. This was a fun project, provided some relief from the worries of the world, so different from what I usually do. Thanks, Alex.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2242 users online. 280 members and 1962 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25589   Active Members: 1,300  
                                Welcome to our newest member, Vicki Robles-csadrbls80.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

Working...
                                X