Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Basket Puzzle

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, when Bluprint was still around, I bought this bundle of purples, greens, and beiges bur had not done anythig with them so this seemed a good time to use them. I noticed after I took the photo, I need to really watch my fabric choices so I don't use too many different ones and lose the basket in the design. I was wondering if anyone else has realized this issue as well. I took some of them apart to redo.

Comment

I love how you did the basket with the flowers spilling out of it. Very creative.

Comment

Comment

I love that you are placing your blocks on point. I may have to try that.

Comment

My blue pallet of baskets. Having seen several with their's on-point I will try that setting as well. And then there will be the math. I have made 3,4,6,8,10 and 12" finished blocks.

Comment

When a lot of HSTs come together and there is a lot of bulk in the seam as Alex has mentioned the seams can be ironed open. Being a longarm quilter and I like to travel in the ditch I hesitate to iron seams open. The bulk can also be reduced by either twisting the folded fabric near the seam or by backing the threads out of the seam allowance [don't cut them]. When the four seam allowances are ironed the same direction, clock wise or counter clock wise the center opens distributing the bulk. Alex mentioned this method during the Kaffe Class.

This is not better than ironing the seam open it is simply another way to deal with the bulk caused by many seams coming together. I appreciate all that Alex is doing for us and the commitment she has made to do it.

Comment

6" and 12" so far

Barb

Comment

I changed to an own on point setting, like it much better.

I've added more blocks and flying geese.

Comment

Beautiful quilt! Love the purples and cats!!
                    From a cat lady in Maryland!

Comment

[attachment:1]4D3CADA8

-F30C-4A6F-B0FC-E29C51AF4132.jpeg[/attachment]
                      My baskets in Halloween fabrics!

]

Comment

I’m Sarah from York, PA.
                        My basket blocks so far: I’m using the fabric from the 2009 Eastern PA Shop Hop block kits, which I obviously never made! I scaled my blocks up to 9” so they would coordinate with Alex’s designer die for Accuquilt, the 4.5” finished Postage Stamp Basket. I’m also making 6” blocks and I plan to make some 12” and even big mama 18” blocks as we get into the appliquéd handles. These QALs are so much fun and exactly what I need in these times.

Comment

Gorgeous blocks. Beautiful fabrics! You have a good balance of background colors. I love how you make the 4 square basket blocks. They are amazing! Have you been to the Old Country Quilt Store in Intercourse, PA? They have wonderful fabrics. I live 3 hours away, so I order from them regularly. Can't wait to see your finished quilt! I am partial to Kim Diehl fabrics and patterns.

Comment

EQ8 basket ideas. I am just playing around with using the features of how to make blocks different sizes import fabrics etc. Thought I would post it here because is always fun to see different ideas. HelenW

Comment

I am Regina from Germany.
                              For an anniversary I asked for "some" triangle blocks in white and blue.
                              As I am a paper piecer from the bottom of my heart they where all done using a pp pattern I made - yielding 12 triangle blocks in one go.
                              After sorting and cutting them into exactly 2 1/2" squares my basket was well filled.
                              Now I needed help from the spirits that I called! Making baskets from as many triangle blocks as possible could be useful.
                              I am just digging into the theme.
                              In this arrangement a secondary pattern appears.

Comment

You've picked my colour way! Looks fine. i will try the on point setting.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2282 users online. 236 members and 2046 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25586   Active Members: 1,296  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

Working...
                                X