Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Kaffe Mystery Quilt

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by "busmama13" post=148798
      Alex has added to the cutting measurements of some of the blocks by 7/8ths". Is that addition only for the half square triangles? Are all the rest cut as written in the book? I hope these questions make sense!

Micky from Montana
      Half square triangles are cut from squares that are 7/8” larger than the finished size of the unit. Alex, and lots of us, increase that to 1” larger, giving a bit of insurance if seam allowance gets a few threads wide. When you check your sewn unit you may have a little extra to trim off and that’s fine.

Hope that helps.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
      North Alabama, USA
      "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

I think I've got it with the paper piecing of the star's center. No mistakes today but I still had to think a lot about it. Anyway, thank you Alex for introducing me to something new (even if a little frustrating at the beginning). Here are my two stars.

I have also started putting my blocks on my design board and would like some feedback about the top row. I have pinned some batik fabrics from my stash to add to the diamond spaces that are forming on the top and sides of the quilt because I am placing everything on point. I am hoping to use the batik around all of the quilt (if I have enough). Of course it will be cut but for now I have just pinned the fabric there to see what it looks like to me. What do you think? Is is too light? Does it just add another distraction or does is blend in with the Kaffe fabric and blocks? Thank you in advance for your input.

Comment

I finished two sawtooth stars with a pieced centre block. The one centre is quite wonky but working with 1 inch unfinished squares was a challenge; I wanted to make this block though because it is called Domino and we used to play dominoes with my grandpa all the time. Great memories.
          Deborah W

Comment

I finished two sawtooth stars with a pieced centre block. The one centre is quite wonky but working with 1 inch unfinished squares was a challenge; I wanted to make this block though because it is called Domino and we used to play dominoes with my grandpa all the time. Great memories.

Deborah W

Comment

My Kaffe colors are inspired by summer berries. I think I’m going to set my blocks with zig-zags separated with some polka dot charm squares. — Susanne (aka Sewnsew22)

Susanne

Comment

LOL, My attempt at foundation piecing didn't work too well. But I figured a different way. Going to try that foundation piecing again! BUT on a different block!

Comment

My sawtooth stars with belly buttons. If I did the purple/rust one again I would rotate the the center by a half turn.

Comment

add
                    Sherriquilts, I love the blended look you are developing. You asked for suggestions. In my opinion, the three pieced blocks in the
                    light section look too dark. The blue in them makes me think they might work well near the bottom. To get a lighter all over effect in
                    a pieced block maybe you could use some of the Kaffe light colors as pieces near the center of the blocks to tie them in.
                    Just an idea. Love the look you are achieving.
                    Bet other will follow your lead in the light to dark blending. It is very pleasing to the eye. HelenW

I lighter idea may be a bit too light for what you have going.

Comment

Great colors!

Comment

Playing catch up as family were visiting.
                        I find it easier to use Kaffe's fabrics as guides so far rather than the colour wheel.
                        Loving this class and process,
                        Thanks, Leonie

Comment

To HelenW: Love what you've been doing in EQ. Are all the block already in the program? I need to play with EQ more, I want to figure out my triangle layout.

Comment

Here's my 18th draft of a quilt using these KF blocks. Lordy this was a fun and challenging exercise.
                            Donna Carter
                            from Pine, Colorado
                            High in the Rocky Mountains

Comment

Several of you have commented on my color scheme. There's a story behind it - I'm not fond of purple. About 15-16 years ago, I was in a quilt shop while on vacation. I wanted a souvenir, but didn't have space for a bunch of yardage, so was browsing the fat quarters. I saw a purple print next to a taupe one, and liked them together. I decided on the spot that I needed to explore this color combination, to learn more about using shades of purple. And that purple fat quarter has sat in my stash ever since. I've added a few purples over the years for applique projects, but I still have very little. Hence this project - I am finally addressing "my ignorance of the use of purple"

From my design wall this morning

Ironically, the taupe fat quarter I bought at the same time was used years ago. I think this quilt is going to work out fine.

Comment

I like the use of the flowers!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2525 users online. 315 members and 2210 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,234   Posts: 155,226   Members: 25685   Active Members: 1,317  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X