Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Kaffe Mystery Quilt

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully the photos will post!

Comment

I’m making 2 of each block. I’m making some with no white.

Comment

I am LOVING everyone's blocks. I really like the ones with black as the neutral, but the homage to Freddie with the red as the neutral is really spectacular. I can't wait to see more of them. Here are mine thrown up on the design wall. I decided to put some 12 and 9 inch blocks in here and there so it looks a little odd with only the two 12" blocks up. I am probably going to cut the Kaffe into 6, 9 and 12 inch squares and scatter them throughout. I am going to need a bigger design wall!

I also have a question about colors. I would like to bring in some of my own hand dyes, but they are brighter colors than the ones from the kit. I'm making a large quilt so need more solids. In the picture my hand dyes are in the bundle at the back, the hand dyes from the bundle are in front. What do you gys think? Will they play well together or should I dye some more along the lines of those from the bundle?

Comment

I’m making two of each block. One is with white and some of the other blocks are without white. I like the pictures of blocks of varying sizes so I may try some bigger blocks.

Comment

Brenda, I love the variety of size blocks you are using. It will really add interest in design. Also, your hand dyed fabrics are to die for. I think they will fit right in.
            Here is your Freddie red as a neutral. Having fun. HelenW
            t

Comment

try again fourth time!
              IMG_0341.jpg

Comment

It took a while to fihure out what my modified Single Wedding Ring block was going to be. But I figured it out. Also attached are my Whilrwind - modified version on the left. I even used my least favorite color (pink) in the unmodified block.

Comment

Wow, wow, wow! I was thinking about adding black sashing. Thank you so much showing me how it would look, Helen.
                  Karen (gradyk)

Comment

Originally posted by "bhalbard" post=148632
                    I am LOVING everyone's blocks. I really like the ones with black as the neutral, but the homage to Freddie with the red as the neutral is really spectacular. I can't wait to see more of them. Here are mine thrown up on the design wall. I decided to put some 12 and 9 inch blocks in here and there so it looks a little odd with only the two 12" blocks up. I am probably going to cut the Kaffe into 6, 9 and 12 inch squares and scatter them throughout. I am going to need a bigger design wall!

I also have a question about colors. I would like to bring in some of my own hand dyes, but they are brighter colors than the ones from the kit. I'm making a large quilt so need more solids. In the picture my hand dyes are in the bundle at the back, the hand dyes from the bundle are in front. What do you gys think? Will they play well together or should I dye some more along the lines of those from the bundle?
                    I love the different size blocks. They add some zest!

Comment

Love, love, love seeing everyone’s blocks and fabrics. For me, this mystery is becoming about more than color, but also cutting, dab of glue, true 1/4 seam, pressing and laughing at my dumb mistake each time I have had to “un sew”. Thank you, Alex, Captain John, Barbara and forum contributors for hints and tips. Appreciate you! Terri S.
                      terri s.
                      Quilting is my daily fiber therapy!

Comment

I’m loving looking at everyone’s beautiful blocks. I have used the white in all my blocks so far. I’m seeing to add more interest I need to make some without the white.
                        terri s.
                        Quilting is my daily fiber therapy!

Comment

REMINDER--DO NOT START A NEW TOPIC FOR THE KAFFE MYSTERY QUILT

Friendly reminder---all Kaffe Mystery Quilt posts need to be made here on this Topic.

Why? If everyone started a new Topic to ask questions or post their photos, anyone who wants to see them would have to open and look at each separate Topic. Keeping it all here makes it "Home Central" for all Kaffe Mystery Quilt posts.

This Category is This and That (Quilting Related) and the Topic is Kaffe Mystery Quilt--Learn With Alex

When new Topics are started I move them here.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                          North Alabama, USA
                          "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

I got a little busy with pinwheels

Comment

Today’s picture. I’m still trying to figure out where I am going. It’s beginning to show personality. I think everyone is developing personalities. Happy Sunday.

Comment

I just looked at this picture and I see a mistake. good to take a picture

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2282 users online. 250 members and 2032 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25588   Active Members: 1,298  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

Working...
                                X