Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Kaffe Mystery Quilt

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice Debbie, looks like you are ready to quilt.

Comment

Alex just started her Mystery to Me sew a long Monday. Go to the playlist on YouTube or her Facebook page. Second lesson goes live today at 10 am PST. You can start whenever you like

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
      North Alabama, USA
      "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Thanks, Barbara!!

Comment

OK, I am NOT a precision sewist!!! Therefore, with this QAL I am challenging myself to work on precision. Here is my one block I have completed. I had to trim the slightly oversized squares which didn't always come out to 2 1/2 inches (go figure). I resewed several rows after gluing and pinning. The block still came out to 6 1/4 inches instead of 6 1/2 so, I used Sharon Schamber's method to block it. It is now about 6 3/16 inches and I declare it good enough and finished in time to see block 2 in a few minutes! Keep hope alive I am going to become a better quilter despite myself

Comment

Brenda, if using a thick thread, try a finer one. And check each seam as you sew it. When two units are sewn together, check they measure correctly before adding the third unit. As I always say in my classes: "if the first two are not the right size now, they will not miraculously become the right size when you do the next step."

North Alabama, USA

Comment

I am doing the blocks, but using fabrics that will go with another quilt I am making.

Comment

I think it looks great.

Comment

First block done, yay.

Comment

Hi. My first time to post on forum. Is this 'reply topic' tab the way to make a post?

Comment

Yes, DebbiG, you got it!

North Alabama, USA

Comment

And second question - background fabric suggested by Alex for the Mystery Quilt is to be a white. Do others think it will work to have a range of whites/creams? Making the most of my stash is one goal for this project. Thanks.

Comment

Thanks Barbara!

Comment

I was thinking the same thing but decided against it.

Comment

I personally luv white and cream but they can be tricky. I chose an old fossils and ferns fabric that is very light and has a hint of peach which works with my orange focus fabric.

Comment

nice!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2215 users online. 291 members and 1924 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25589   Active Members: 1,301  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

Working...
                                X