Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Janome 6600p

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Janome 6600p

Hi everyone,
    I want to sew with some of the flat threads, eg; Sliver and some metalics,also King Tut all of which should come off the spool horizontally when sewing as they are stacked on the spool.
    I have a Janome 6600p and the only spool pin is at the back and the thread comes up and over vertically which is fine for crosswound threads but not for flat threads.
    I have just watched a Cindy Needham video on the Superior Threads web site and she gives advice for the different threads and says the same thing.
    I wondered if anyone has any ideas how I could overcome this problem.
    Maybe a spool pin and some glue would do the trick ( just kidding)
    Don't tell me to change my machine my DH would divorce me and next year it's our 50th anniversary and I have to get my long service medal.
    Hope I haven't bored you,
    Look forward to any advice.
    Anne1

Originally posted by anne1
    Hi everyone,
    I want to sew with some of the flat threads, eg; Sliver and some metalics,also King Tut all of which should come off the spool horizontally when sewing as they are stacked on the spool.
    I have a Janome 6600p and the only spool pin is at the back and the thread comes up and over vertically which is fine for crosswound threads but not for flat threads.
    I have just watched a Cindy Needham video on the Superior Threads web site and she gives advice for the different threads and says the same thing.
    I wondered if anyone has any ideas how I could overcome this problem.
    Maybe a spool pin and some glue would do the trick ( just kidding)
    Don't tell me to change my machine my DH would divorce me and next year it's our 50th anniversary and I have to get my long service medal.
    Hope I haven't bored you,
    Look forward to any advice.
    Anne1

Anne, all you need is a cone holder like Cindy showed in the video for cross-wound spools or cones.
    http://www.superiorthreads.com/shop/...tand/products/

To adapt it for stack wound spools, you can use this adapter from HandiQuilter and just mount it on the pin of the cone holder! http://www.handiquilter.com/shop/pro...tal-spool-pin/

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
    That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Thanks Margo for your quick reply I don't think the Handiquilter gizmo would work but it has given me an idea for a little job for DH to make me some thing I could stand beside my machine.
      Thanks again
      Anne1

Comment

Originally posted by anne1
        Thanks Margo for your quick reply I don't think the Handiquilter gizmo would work but it has given me an idea for a little job for DH to make me some thing I could stand beside my machine.
        Thanks again
        Anne1
        Glad it sparked an idea for you, Anne.

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
        That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Hi,

I think the wonder thread guide is what you're looking for.

http://www.wonderthreadguide.com/

Good luck!

Annette from the Netherlands

Comment

I honestly haven't had any problems with my Janome 6600 and King Tut thread (use it alot!) or other stacked spools... however, I read the following on the Janome 6600 forum in Yahoo groups:

Put one of your spool caps on your spool pin about half way down so that when you put your spool of thread on it, it will feed horizontally off the spool and into thread guide #2, by-passing the antennae. To repeat...you don't use the antennae for this.

Basically, your spool will sit high enough that the thread goes directly into the first thread guide on the machine (NOT through the wire do-hickey that you can pull up or down, and that holds the thread up higher above the machine).

I've never tried this, since I haven't had any problems, but it makes sense!

Comment

Thank you for the i information Leslie. I have a Janome 6500 and have alway used the thread hook above the machine. I am going to try your suggestion. I do have trouble with
              my tension while free motion sewing. I will see if it helps.
              Thanks

Comment

Leslie what a brilliant idea I will certainly try this as I like to use the stacked flat embroidery threads.
                Will keep you posted on how I get on
                Anne

Comment

Leslie, I started to set the machine up as you sugested then I had another idea, why not put an empty spool on the spindle at the back and then put the thread I wanted to use ie; Sliver by Sulky, on top and threaded the machine without going through the high up thread guide just through the little loop guide attatched to the top of the machine,I used an empty reel ( it measures 4cm) high.
                  Well it worked, I have only sewn a test piece but it seems to be OK.
                  Thank you so much for your input it has really helped me.
                  I hope this all makes sense
                  Anne.

Comment

Anne - I'm glad that seemed to work - makes me want to do some experimenting with new and different threads!

Comment

Hi Leslie,
                      I like using the Sliver in the Ditch it gives a quilt or wall hanging just a bit of glitz it comes in some lovely colours.
                      We quilters have all these lovely threads and don't experiment enough with them.
                      Anne

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2888 users online. 562 members and 2326 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,234   Posts: 155,226   Members: 25684   Active Members: 1,326  
                      Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                      X