Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Table for Bernina 440QE

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Table for Bernina 440QE

I would love to hear opinions about the tables, you can get in the US for building in your sewing machines. I have heard that in late October there is a chance that Horn Tables are introduced in Denmark and would like to hear advice for choosing (if there will be more than one model to choose from ). I have plexiglass extensions for my other machines, but would like a table for my 440.
    Norma

living in Central Denmark
    Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

I have a Horn cabinet for my 440 with the plastic insert and I love it! This is the model I have....

http://www.hornofamerica.com/product...p;productID=86

I used to have my machine in my living room so I needed to be able to hide it. This cabinet was great because it looked like a piece of furniture but gave me plenty of room to work when I needed to. It is very sturdy and easy to work on. I have since moved into my own space and it gets to stay open all the time now....

Quilting Studio - South Wall by bridget473, on Flickr

Happy shopping!

Comment

Thank you. It looks great and is not too big. I'll see what shows up in DK. You have a lovely studio.

Comment

I have my machine in a sew-ezi table.
        It is very sturdy. I love mine.
        You can see it here:
        http://www.machinequilting.nl/sewezi/en.html

Annette in the Netherlands

Comment

Thank you for sharing. Two days ago I found out that a Swedish lady imports these tables to Scandinavia and she will be in Göteborg in Nov. That gives me time to find out if the Horn table is available in DK or else I will drive to Sweden to get a Sewezi table. I like the possibility of being able to turn it to a light table.

Comment

I, also, use the sew-ezi table and love it.

Comment

I'm a Sew-Ezi fan too! It is a great table to take to workshops and retreats.

Comment

Hi,

I find this Horn sewing table the best for me, the back flap flips down if needed, but its great for working on any size quilt, the draws pulled out make a great extension when quilting also, two shelves hold any thing needed quickly, the machine can go up or down when needed.

Taree NSW - Australia
                My motto in life: live by the three GGG’s - be Grateful, be Gracious, be Gorgeous to yourself

Comment

Thank you for wonderful photos from your studio. That table looks very good. Latest news from here is, that there were no Horn tables on the festival. Since more of you recommend the Sew Ezy I decided to order one from Sweden. I thought, I could go and pick it up myself, but unfortunately I had read the dates wrong :roll: . The Swedish lady have been in Göteborg this weekend, so now I have to wait for it arriving by mail.

Comment

Just wanted to tell you all, that I'm very satisfied with the new table. Here is a picture of my sewing corner with the Bernina.
                    Thanks again for your great advice.

Comment

Zarah, you are so smart to build up support around your Sew Ezi table to support the weight of your quilt.
                      With the machine set down, and the table built up, you have a great set-up that should be wonderful to work in!
                      Thanks for the picture!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                      That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

This forum has given me a couple of ideas. I also want the sew-ezi for it's portability. I like to sew in different area of my home. But I can't sew facing a wall. You are a brave soul.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyAnnie
                          This forum has given me a couple of ideas. I also want the sew-ezi for it's portability. I like to sew in different area of my home. But I can't sew facing a wall. You are a brave soul.
                          Annie, I also sew with my machine in a corner so that the walls keep my quilt from falling off the table and causing the weight of the quilt to pull around the needle area. I find that I'm so focused on sewing that I seldom even look up at the walls!

Maybe you would want to hang a mirror on the wall so you can see what's going on behind you! :lol:

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                          That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

There's nothing brave about me. I agree with Margo. I put my favorite pictures in front of me in case I should look up . But most of the time I'm just absorbed in the creative process. Besides, In this corner I have a window in the roof at my left side, so the light comes in great for sewing. It's indirect, which I find very pleasing.

Comment

Originally posted by Margo
                              Originally posted by DirtyAnnie
                              Annie, I also sew with my machine in a corner so that the walls keep my quilt from falling off the table and causing the weight of the quilt to pull around the needle area. I find that I'm so focused on sewing that I seldom even look up at the walls!

Maybe you would want to hang a mirror on the wall so you can see what's going on behind you! :lol:
                              It's not what's happening, it's the view. I just place the backs of chairs against my tables I have set up around me. Since I am only quilting on 'a potholder' it's not a problem.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2102 users online. 238 members and 1864 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                              Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X