Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

BINDING QUESTIONS

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oops forgot to tell you what they are called. Liquid Bottle Set...This will help you do a search if you go to the site. Nan F.

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
    That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

I got mine at Joann's for $4.99 in was in the paint/brushes department.

Comment

I must have gotten one of the last sets of nozzles in stock last week. They came along with the halo I've been waiting to come back into stock. Can't wait to try both.

Comment

Originally posted by PattiSure
          I must have gotten one of the last sets of nozzles in stock last week. They came along with the halo I've been waiting to come back into stock. Can't wait to try both.
          Good choices, Patti! I LOVE using Sharon's glue techniques and was amazed at how much more control the "halo" gives when machine quilting on my domestic machine!

Comment

Joanns, Michaels, AC MOore, pretty much any craft store will cary those tips and bottles. You can also find them with the paint on stained glass supplies. When I first saw SHarons method, I was so excited because I already had what I needed for the technique. Cheryl

Comment

Look at all these good ideas!! I'll be out looking tomorrow at Joann's. Must get a quilt ready for binding! :wink:

I would like to try the Halo, too!

Joyce
              Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
              working farm wife and quilter in the off-seasons
              Tired.
              Modern quilter, QOV volunteer, Improv, FPP w/o stitching on paper, freehand quilting on my long-arm.
              BERNINA 790 Pro, Elna Serger, Handi Quilter Fusion, 3 FW,  a lot of old Singers and other vintage and antique machines (25+).

Comment

Don't forget the Supreme Slider. That, plus the Halo, has made such a difference in my free motion work.

Pat in Rockport, TX
                Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
                working farm wife and quilter in the off-seasons
                Tired.
                Modern quilter, QOV volunteer, Improv, FPP w/o stitching on paper, freehand quilting on my long-arm.
                BERNINA 790 Pro, Elna Serger, Handi Quilter Fusion, 3 FW,  a lot of old Singers and other vintage and antique machines (25+).

Comment

Got the slider too Pat lol!

Comment

Thank you, ladies, for introducing me to Sharon and her marvelous binding technique! 8) My Quilt Diva was ready for binding today and I was anxious to try. I took notes while watching the video and ran out to buy some glue. Elmer's does not exist here, or at least not anywhere accessible to me. But I was sure I could find an equivalent product. WRONG! The closest I came is a glue stick that says it will wash out in cold water. It was a bit messier than Elmer's but it worked pretty good and I'm very pleased. I ordered some other products (Halo, washer genie, tips & other supplies from other sources) and had it all sent to my sister in Calif. I also asked her to buy some Elmer's. She is going to put it all in a special rate box and ship it to me. YEAH! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. I love the forum :!:

Looking out the window at Lake Leman in beautiful Switzerland

Comment

Libbi, be sure she knows to send you the Elmer's Washable School Glue, not the permanent Elmer's Glue.

Pat in Rockport, TX

Comment

I've been using Roxanne's washable glue--that stuff has a terrible odor! I may toss it and use the Elmer's.

Comment

Originally posted by Judymc
                          I've been using Roxanne's washable glue--that stuff has a terrible odor! I may toss it and use the Elmer's.
                          Judy, maybe you could clean out the bottle and refill it with the Elmer's WASHABLE School Glue??? That way you would have the fine tip control!

Comment

I have been using Sharon's method this summer with the Elmer's Washable Glue and really love it! I found the fine tips at Michael's for $4.99 so I am anxious to try them out. Hobby Lobby did not carry the tips.

Comment

I bought a bottle of Roxanne's that had the fine tip at my LQS. Haven't used it yet so don't know about the smell but a few days later I ran into a sale on Elmer's washable for 17 cents a bottle. I bought some with intent refilling Roxanne's bottle.

Comment

Pat, I checked my email to my sister and I did specify the Elmer's School glue and made a big deal about the washable part. She's pretty good about following directions. I am going to demonstrate Sharon's method at our little quilt group.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2112 users online. 250 members and 1862 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X