Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Does your Featherweight have a name?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does your Featherweight have a name?

My Featherweight's name is Jean Elizabeth after my dear mother-in-law who passed away in April 2006. She didn't own it but I found it in her garage. My in-laws had "inherited" a bunch of stuff from an old friend that had passed away. I figure "Jean Elizabeth" had lived in the garage for about 20 years before I found her. She was built in 1951. What's your story? :?:

I got my FW at a quilt show from a dealer-- I had no intention of getting one, but when I saw her name was Florence, I knew she was meant to be mine (and she's older than me-- I only know 1 Florence younger!)
    Florence

Comment

Oh, yes!

My first one, born in 1946 in the US, is called Charlotte. I thought that sounded like a nice, old-fashioned, American name.

My second one, born in 1949 in Scotland, is named Hilary, after the woman who sold her to me.

And my third, a 222 born in 1956 in Scotland, is called Ruby, because someday I'm going to have her painted ruby red.

Anne in Vancouver, Canada

in Vancouver, Canada

Comment

I don't own a Featherweight, but I do have 5 machines. I seem to think of them all as my "babies". My newest, a Viking Sapphire, which is quite big is called Big Baby. My older Viking is Dear Little Baby since she served me well for so long. I have a White Treadle which I can't stop thinking of as Old Betty (Betty White just comes to mind!). I have an old Singer from the 70's and that seems to be Old Baby and for some reason, my embroidery machine, which came with Disney designs is Disney Baby. I do love them all, so "Baby" seems to suit each of them.

Nancy in BRRRRR western NY

in Vancouver, Canada

Comment

I must admit that I haven't started to talk to my sewing machines yet. I need all my concentration to make sure that corners meet, the seams are reasonably straight, and no points are cut off. So no names either. Does that mean that I'm in trouble now for 'sewing machine abuse' or 'sewing machine mental cruelty'??? I better get myself a lawyer. Does anybody know someone who is clued up on quilting AND does pro bono work??

Lorchen
          From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

I've never been one to name cars and stuff like that, but I have named my Featherweight 221: Andy Rose. My 1968 Pfaff is the "Heavy Metal" machine. The name really fits! I have a Singer that I bought from Walmart when I started quilting that doesn't really have a name. I do refer to them as "My Girls" though. :roll:
            Sherry

Comment

I just got a reconditioned Featherweight, birthdate August 11, 1952. Her name is Jezebel because she's been around the block a few times! LOL!

My, but she's pretty and sews like a dream!

Ruthann

Comment

Enjoy it! I love love love my featherweight and use it. Alot!
                Sherry

Comment

I have a white one and a black one on display in my studio. I call them both "Dusty" :lol: :lol:

Comment

:lol: :lol:

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2108 users online. 241 members and 1867 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                    Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                    X