Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Janome MC6600P

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Janome MC6600P

After using one of these machines at a quilting retreat I went to last fall, I was hooked. This is the best quilting machine, it's got some embrodery stitches and the thread cutter button. But the best thing about this machine is the accu-feed that has interchangable feet to help you in what ever you are doing at that time. I have the stitch in the ditch accu-feed foot, the 1/4 foot (which I use to do my bindings, and it works like a dream!) I also have the open toe so I can do decorative stitches and not have puckers on the quilt back. I'm still learning the many things it can do, and as the motto of my favorite quilt shop says, "I have more fun with a sewing machine than I should have" And that's just not whistling dixie!!!!
    If you have a dealer in your area, you really should try one. :lol:

in Vancouver, Canada

I just bought one and am going to my 'learning to use it' class tomorrow. Thanks for sharing your experiences!

Comment

I absolutely love my 6600 too! I have all the extra feet and use it almost daily. I don't know why I settled before. I had it in for cleaning and I about died without it. Anyone who is interested in this machine should check it out. My favorite online quilt group is the Janome Jedi's 6500/6600 quilt group. I learn so much from everyone.

Comment

I have a Janome 6600 which I love, but.......... when I'm piecing and using the thread cutter on the machine, the thread underneath ALWAYS blobs up at the beginning of a new line of stitching. I have tried pushing the fabric thru past the place where I should begin stitching to hopefully straighten out this thread, but to no avail. In fact sometimes that makes it tighten up and it pops out of my needle and I need to then re-thread the needle.

Any suggestions?

Comment

Try holding onto the thread tails as you begin to sew, this happens on most machines. If you remember to hold onto the thread tails as you start sewing, they won't get all blobbed up underneath, nor will the thread pull out of the needle (which happens when the thread take-up lever is not at it's highest position). After a while, it will become 2nd nature to you.
          Linda in NJ

Comment

I learned the way you describe on my Bernina 830 in the 1970's. Oops, now I'm dating myself. Oh, well.

But using the automatic thread cutter on my Janome, it cuts the thread so short you don't have anything to grab hold of. In fact, it seems to hold the top thread down underneath so that it isn't even visible on top.

??????? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Comment

Consider using a trick I learned in machine quilting class: Take one stitch several inches away from your desired stitch line. Then relocate your needle to the desired first stitch, pulling the thread as you go. This will leave "tails" which can be clipped, knotted, or hidden later.

Comment

Far2go, I love that idea of the stitch 'far away' first!

What stitch do you use for 'invisible' machine applique on your Janome 6600?

What thread?

What needle?

I'm on my very first project and just gleaning info from all you experienced machine applique folks!
                Lynn, Houston

Comment

Originally posted by sewharty
                  My favorite online quilt group is the Janome Jedi's 6500/6600 quilt group. I learn so much from everyone.
                  I'm a Janome Jedi too :-) I don't have the 6600, I have the 6500. But it's the most wonderful machine I could ever imagine having! I've quilted up to queen-size quilts, and it wasn't the old "wrestling with a boa" problem I had before.

Brita

Comment

After having my Janome for about 2 years I discover on this site Janome Jedi's -- tell me more. Is it a website? I also have a 6500 and LOVE IT! Especially with the long arm. Yeah! I make window treatments and quilts when I have time, so I really give it a workout and it does wonderful. I had previously had 2 Berninas and when I finally blew out the motor on the last one I really looked around and fell in love with my Janome.

Sharon in Windy Colorado

Comment

Originally posted by sewengel
                      After having my Janome for about 2 years I discover on this site Janome Jedi's -- tell me more. Is it a website?
                      Sharon, go to Yahoogroups.com and search for Janome6500 -- it should take you to the group. It was formed before the 6600 came out, but includes those, too. There are around 3000 members, very informative. And the files hold all kinds of wonderful tidbits on using your machine. Well worth your time to join. Hope to see you there!
                      Brita

Comment

Yesterday I bought a new free motion quilting foot and a bobbinholder (for free motion) for my MC Janome 6600P. I have been quilting all day, and belive you me it is a greate investment!!! :lol: :lol: Its like sewing on butter :lol: :shock:

Free motion Quilting Foot: part no.: 200-442-004 (MC6600P and MC11000)

Bobbin Holder (for free quilting and hand-look quiltstitch): part no.: 200-445-007 (MC 6600P, MC11000 and MC6500)

Bet you would love to have those too if you are doing a lot of free motion! The quiltfoot you can adjust so it works perfectly on your quilt!
                        :lol: :wink: I am sooooo happy!!!!

Comment

Brinks, what is different about it? I'm on the "Brink" (pardon the pun) of learning to do it.........scared to death...........so how does it make it different if it doens't even touch it anyway?

Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by QuilterLynn
                            Brinks, what is different about it? I'm on the "Brink" (pardon the pun) of learning to do it.........scared to death...........so how does it make it different if it doens't even touch it anyway?

Lynn
                            You know, all mecalical part for a sewing machine is so finely tuned to work out perfectly.....and the foot are made easy to adjust yourself..and the bobbin is preadjusted....and the 2 parts works wonderful together. I have done a lot of free motion with the regular bobbin and darningfoot....and this is almost a different world!..Check out if someone you know have the parts so you can try it out and feel the difference...you would be amazed!!!

Comment

I'm learning machine applique.....trying to use Sharon Schamber's method which appears to be excellent because she gets lots of awards...............

Washed my first piece and found my stitching to be 'less than perfect' so I'm hoping some of you who machine applique will tell me what settings you use.

I'm using Mode #2, stitch 36, set at 1 and 1 for width and length. Also lowered the tension and presser foot setting.

I had some raw edges peeking out after washing and wonder if my folded under part is too narrow, or my stitch is too narrow, or ..... now I did notice one lenth of turned under where I completely MISSED the fabric. I don't believe this can be blamed on anyone but ME!

Any comments, or advice?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2886 users online. 559 members and 2327 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,234   Posts: 155,226   Members: 25684   Active Members: 1,326  
                              Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X