Quilting Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

• MONTH 10 BLOG is UP
    They know about it and the tech people are working on it.
  • MONTH 10 BLOG is UP
    October 9 still no photos — fyi
  • MONTH 9 — Ask Questions Here
    We must be up to the same point of constructing the quilt because I have the same question. However looking closely at the...
  • Sew a Long Using Quick and Easy Block Tool
    Here is the link to Alex’s Classroom. Scroll down to find the Kaffe Mystery Quilt:

https://thequiltshow.co...
  • MONTH 10 BLOG is UP
    I will let the powers that be know about this, thanks.
  • MONTH 10 BLOG is UP
    Yes, I was Live October 4. The link hasn’t been updated yet. Here is the video:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zEO...
  • MONTH 10 BLOG is UP
    No pictures of progress or finished quilts are appearing at all. Where the pictures should be, there are small boxes with...
    I'm looking for the tutorial program Alex taught using the Easy Block Tool. I never finished the quilt and would like to....
  • MONTH 10 BLOG is UP
    I don’t see the facebook live video for month 10 posted on the website. I thought you were live yesterday.
  • Yes. It will be ready in a few weeks I suspect.
  • Not a “Bot”
    Submit a Ticket under HELP, below.
    No photos are visible. Probably too large, resize smaller and try again.
    I’m struggling to transfer the appliqué designs so this is what I have been using. Keep your fingers crossed when put...
  • At the end of the year, December, will you have the 12 pattern months available in one download?
  • Not a “Bot”
    I am signed in but can’t watch any of the shows. The screen directs me to sign in to prove I am not a “bot”. I can’t...
  • Bright Star Quilt Kit fabric question
    I LOVE the fabrics selected for the Bright Star Quilt kit, but alas, all of the kits are now purchased. Is there any way...
    Thank your for letting me know!
    All the pattern pieces are now available. I chose to provide the background shape for the outer Fan border in Month 2. It...
  • No more items.

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Monday Morning

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday Morning

A new week already!!! Is it just me or is time going faster??????

Not much quilting for me today. Meeting a friend for lunch who has a daughter in 7th grade with Aspergers. The child is going through a very difficult time and the Mother is at her wit's end. She wants to talk with me because of my child who went through the school system with medical issues (not aspergers but intestional disorders). I just hope I can give her some guidance. I don't know much about Aspergers but I can relate to my child being different and not accepted by her classmates. I am so thankful she is now in her first year of college and thriving and this is all behind us!!!!

A lot of times when I have a problem I pretend it's a quilt (I know that sounds weird). I think "if this problem were a quilt, how would I approach it?" The answer is always "One block at a time"!! Quilting has been so good for me on so many levels!!

Have a safe and healthy day,
    Take care,
    Donna

How is it that the weekend always goes faster than two workdays. I am not ready for this week. Blah

Comment

Donna, I know that Aspergers can be a real challenge and hope your friend finds some answers. I'm sure talking to you will make her feel better too.

Sewengel, it's so true about the two day thing!

Not much sewing this weekend as we were on the run so much with social stuff, though I did finish on Friday my 85 pinwheels for my latest quilt. Here are just a few.

I'm also working on my first wallhanging quilt, which has been my lunchtime sewing project. Our auditors arrive today for our annual ritual before closing the books for the year, so lunches this week may be iffy. :roll:

Have a fabulous day everyone!

Comment

April -pretty 30's colors! I love it.
        Sewangel-you hit the nail right on the head!

But I am lucky as today I have the day off!! I have had breakfast, unloaded the dishwasher, did some picking up after DD and DH left for school and work. Now I have "Hello Dolly" with Barbara Streisand and Walter Matheau (sp) in the DVD player ready to go while I work on a long-overdue friendship quilt block. Then it's on to finishing a binding and working on some applique! I have quilt group meeting tonight and want to get that binding done before then as well as more of the applique as it's a group project for a charity quilt we are working on.

REALLY cold here and about to get worse as the week goes on and by next weekend. Stay warm everyone!

Kathy

Comment

Today I was going to work out, but the snow has changed my mind and I will be doing that tonight at home. So now it getting house cleaning done as I have a party lite party this weekend and friends and family coming over. Then it is on to the chore of half square triangle. I really need a lot more practice at these I am realizing.
          donna good luck on your talk
          Sew angel you are so right.
          April beautiful pinwheels
          Kathy good luck with your day off.
          Have a great day.
          Pat I am thinking of you as all this snow is falling how you are just loving every minute of it.
          Stacey

Comment

Morning,

Just got back from the vet... our "fatty" of a cat lost a pound!!! But needs dental work, UGH! I hate that since they have to put him to sleep for a whole day for it. Our dog gained 10 pounds! The vet chuckled and called it "winter weight." I aksed if I could say that was my problem too... :wink: I was going to head down to Dubuque to work out and go to my usual Monday quilt group but there were 2 cars that slid off and possible semi jackknife so I decided nope! We can do our workout and shopping tomorrow. So I'm off to get laundry done and quilt a baby quilt that I was going to do yesterday but a nap seemed like a better choice. I should organize my pantry but I can't waste a perfectly good snowday on being productive... a snow day is meant for quilting!

Hope everyone enjoys their day!

Happy Stitching,

Margaret

Comment

Don't have too much time to chat today. I have been trying to unpack the sewing room from this weekend switching rooms. UGH! I have half of the room done and am totally out of steam. Will stretch out on the couch for awhile and maybe get back to it later. Or maybe not :? We currently have about 4" of new snow on the ground. Sure is pretty as long as you don't have to get out in the stuff.

Comment

I spent three hours in my studio. Tried to quilt with a new brand of thread (new to me) and I was having some difficulties. Quilted two tesselating wall hangings - one with panto, and one free motion. Will have to show you the quilting after i weave in all the threads. Thread was breaking about every 6 inches on the one I did the panto. But they are done.
                Did my lesson plans for the week at 6 am, DH was still asleep and I have all the laundry caught up.
                I will be going to my inlaws shortly to show them how to backup a software program on a jumpdrive

Comment

Great job, Sheri. Don't it just make you pull your hair out when the machine doesn't like the thread and keeps spitting it out? :shock:
                  I have learned to use the same three brands that my longarm really likes. The snow kept me in the house today and that was okay with me. Got a lot done around here too.

Comment

Very nice April and Sheri!

I haven't done anything quilty since before the Holidays except look at quilt books and magazines.

It's been so busy at the office with new systems and an audit I'm not motivated to do anything when I get home other than the have to do's and early to bed.

Take care all - BarbCA

Comment

April and Sheri your work looks great! Thanks for sharing.

Margaret

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1023 users online. 131 members and 892 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,245   Posts: 155,353   Members: 26165   Active Members: 1,121  
                      Welcome to our newest member, Gail Wright-gail.wright0491.

Latest Topics

Collapse

• MONTH 10 BLOG is UP
                        They know about it and the tech people are working on it.
                      • MONTH 10 BLOG is UP
                        October 9 still no photos — fyi
                        We must be up to the same point of constructing the quilt because I have the same question. However looking closely at the...
                        Here is the link to Alex’s Classroom. Scroll down to find the Kaffe Mystery Quilt:

https://thequiltshow.co...
                      • MONTH 10 BLOG is UP
                        I will let the powers that be know about this, thanks.
                      • MONTH 10 BLOG is UP
                        Yes, I was Live October 4. The link hasn’t been updated yet. Here is the video:
                        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zEO...
                      • MONTH 10 BLOG is UP
                        No pictures of progress or finished quilts are appearing at all. Where the pictures should be, there are small boxes with...
                        I'm looking for the tutorial program Alex taught using the Easy Block Tool. I never finished the quilt and would like to....
                      • MONTH 10 BLOG is UP
                        I don’t see the facebook live video for month 10 posted on the website. I thought you were live yesterday.
                      • Yes. It will be ready in a few weeks I suspect.
                      • Not a “Bot”
                        Submit a Ticket under HELP, below.
                        No photos are visible. Probably too large, resize smaller and try again.
                        I’m struggling to transfer the appliqué designs so this is what I have been using. Keep your fingers crossed when put...
                      • No more items.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                      X