Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

All Things Rhapsody

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regarding a design wall, you don't have to pay $100.00...I used a flannel back tablecloth fabric I had (it's heavy, I used it as a table pad), and put 5 grommets across the top and hung it on the thin wire hangers that you twist into the wall. They leave just a tiny whole. I don't know what the fabric costs now, but it is quite wide. Mine cost about $5 a few years ago. Cotton sticks like glue to it. I sewed an extra piece to it to make a wall about 80 inches square and needed all that for the rhapsody quilt that is up on it.

Another bonus is that you can get a flannel backed tablecloth which I got for $4.99, 52 by 90", add the grommets and hang that one over the other so I can have two design walls going at the same time.
    When I want to work on the underneath one, I can just take the top one down, roll it with all the fabric in place and put it aside until I want to work on it again. In other words, two walls for $10 plus the cost of grommets, and interchangeable and portable too...just fold and go.

Dorene3
    Jenny in Oz

Comment

Hey Dorene,
      I love your idea. I'm just not sure what you mean by the thin wire that sticks into the wall. Can you explain more about that, please? Thanks.
      Sharon from Colorado currently visiting KC
      Jenny in Oz

Comment

Hello Dorene, That's mighty crafty, 2 design walls for half the price of my IKEA curtain clips and eyehooks from the hardware store.

I am definitely going to open the flannel table cloth and rotate projects. I just have to get my hands on some grommets and then I'll be ready!

Lissette
        Jenny in Oz

Comment

Hi, Sharon. I believe the hooks she's referring to are the Hercules Hooks. You can find them at Home Depot, Lowe's, Walmart, etc. I bought a package of 20 hooks which included a "free laser marker!!" for, I think, $10.00, 3 or 4 months ago. They look really neat, but I haven't used one yet, I've been too busy sewing. Have a great day.
          Jenny in Oz

Comment

Originally posted by cutup
            Hi Ann
            I think the reason I and maybe and few others are having trouble is in the video ( close is good enough ) he has folded the freezer paper just like our little 8" square so this tells me that he will make the 26" square a full pattern so then how would that be 1/4th or is it folded once on the diagnal that I is believe where the confusion is . If the 26" sq. is 1 qtr. then he he would have folder 1x yes no....... :? Jean
            Confirming - - The tiny 8.5 inch square is folded to a small triangle that represents 1/8th of the quilt. The 26" square is folded only once on the diagonal and also only represents 1/8th of the quilt. The 26" square is not folded in th same way the small paper was. I've added text to Rhapsody Reality Blog 7 clarifying that in printed instructions - it was not clear in the videos - Thanks Ricky - Thanks everyone for helping clarify during my absence. You were all right - and helped a lot.

Comment

I use two one-inch thick 4' x 8' sheets of Styrofoam wall insulation - very light, very inexpensive at a hardware store and easy to cut down to size if necessary. I use wide, secure tape to tape them together, only on one side to create a hinge, and then cover it with Warm and Natural batting. The cotton batting is dense, thin, and very tacky, so I don't have to pin very often. When I do need to pin, the Styrofoam makes is easy.

Comment

Hi everbody,
                Well .....I went to the shop for more fabric ( all the piecces in my stach where to small) and I am just put the most of my Rhapsody together.
                I wait with the outside border for the colour. I am not sure witch colour to use a black ore a very dark red. You can see the picture on my profile.
                If you like you can tell me what you thing about it. I planning to work with a darker colour in de center. Are there others who are working on a Rhapsody quilt? I am waiting for the next instruction. I hoop the bear didn't eat Ricky then we all stuck with an unfinisch Rhapsody quilt.
                I am impatient to work furder on my quilt en to now how we are gone put all these pieces togetter. :P

I would like to put a photo here but i just do not now how!:?

Have a nice quilting day and lots of love from Belgium. Duffy

Comment

Duffy, you are a hoot :lol: I enjoy your posts! Yes, it would be quite the problem if the bear got Ricky and you were stuck with your unfinished quilt. :P We'll all have to be patient so that, if the bear doesn't get him, his precarious ticker (from our pressure on him) won't either! I'm sure those burgers and blue drinks don't help either. :? Perhaps someone can offer to cook for him!
                  Your quilt looks beautiful! I would also consider a dark green for the border. Audition a few colors. I guess that means more fabric shopping. :wink:
                  Jan in triple-digit (again) Spokane, WA. Back to the cool basement/studio.

Comment

Duffy,
                    Your Rhapsody Quilt is looking lovely...thanks for the inspiration.
                    Elizabeth

Comment

Duffy, your quilt is looking really wonderful, your giving me inspiration and a nudge to move.
                      Living Threads
                      http://www.livingthreads.net

Comment

Duffy,

if I had to choose between black and dark red, I'd go for the dark red

JOY - who has finally decided on a Rhapsody sketch and needs to upload it!

Comment

Diffinitly the dark red.
                          Sherry in hot hot hot So. Miss. Wish I had a cool basement!

Comment

I saw the cover of Ricky's Rhapsody book. You can preorder it from Amazon.com. Should come in November.
                            They usually run late with new books, but I didn't know where else we could preorder it from.......
                            Ricky, can we preorder it from you?

Comment

Duffy, Your quilt is gorgeous and I really love the colors you have selected. I'm not sure on the border as both would be dramatic. It just depends on what look you want. Black would definitely bring out the colors.

Great job!! I am impressed.

Leslie in Colorado

Comment

Duffy, your quilts are beautiful, including the Rhapsody on the wall. I would go for the dark red rather than black for the border. Best way to tell without cutting the template is just fold each fabric in the approximate size and place each on a corner on the wall. Mine is on the wall, just have to get it uploaded to my profile. Hope you're cooler in your corner of the world than Phoenix AZ. It's inching down from 116 F. to 106 8)

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1965 users online. 153 members and 1812 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25584   Active Members: 1,288  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X