Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Freezer paper

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freezer paper

Any ideas on freezer paper that does not stick. I have used freezer paper for years, the same brand and no problems.The quality of the new freezer paper does not seem the same. Any idea how to make it stick?

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Maybe try a different temperature? It could be that your iron is either too hot or not quite hot enough.

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
    That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

I am using as hot as I dare. I have tried everything I can think of. I like to use it for paper piecing. It sticks but not well enough to make it through the section with several foldings.

Comment

I have noticed I have to keep the iron close and just keep putting my freezer paper back where I want it. Bit frustrating. Only other thing I can suggest is Elmer's washable glue stick and the iron to set.

Comment

Thank you. At least it is not just me. LOL

Comment

No, it is possible they have change the way it is made which makes it work differently for our needs--who knows?

Comment

You would think that since they now have instructions for using freezer paper for applique right on the box, they would make sure that any changes in manufacturing would work!

Comment

Hmmm...so much for that theory. Did they raise the price?

Comment

Originally posted by ritzy
                  Hmmm...so much for that theory. Did they raise the price?
                  Don't tell the Reynold's people, but we are so addicted to Freezer Paper now that we would probably pay whatever they charged! :roll:

Comment

LOL. It is one of our least expensive tools.

Comment

Sometimes the chemical finish, or sizing in the material makes it hard to adhere to freezer paper.

Comment

I had already thought about that ,especially sense I use spray starch. I did a test on several fabrics, no starch. I really think Ricky mentioned he had noticed the same problem on one of his shows.

Comment

The freezer paper you get in the US is banned for food use in Europe due to risk to health when used with fatty foods (leakage of harmful chemicals into the fat). We have not been able to buy this kind of food wrap for the past 15-20 years. Maybe the US have caught up now and decided to change the "ingredients" in the wax layer? When the change came in here the food paper we could buy no longer worked for appliqué.
                          I only ever managed to buy one roll of the stuff before the change came in. I have since had to buy Reynolds at quilt show at a highly inflated price so not a cheap "tool" outside US

Marianne

Comment

Interesting, Marianne! I wonder why they don't just re-label the stuff and sell it in craft/quilt shops instead of in food stores with a warning label that it's unsafe to use with food?
                            Not to mention the fact that it's even still sold for food prep here!!! :roll: :evil:

Comment

Margo, it is probably too expensive for them to produce both products and my guess is that the food paper market is considerably larger than the craft user market can ever be although the profit is higher in craft market. It is all swings and roundabouts in business.
                              Lots of research has been done the last 20 odd years into chemical migration into food and the environment after disposal. All good for our children and their children so we must not complain - we will just have to be creative and find alternatives and as quilters we are world champions at that aren't we? :P

Marianne

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1053 users online. 179 members and 874 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,768   Members: 25244   Active Members: 1,511  
                              Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X