Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

2 Quilts Completed this Year

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Profile Image
    started a blog post 2 Quilts Completed this Year

2 Quilts Completed this Year

In January I signed up for Ricky’s Smartphone Photography Class and the first challenge was to select a Year Word and take photograph that represented that work. My Year Word is DO. Do something new, do something for someone, do something creative. Do something like finish 1 of the 5 quilts I have started and this was the picture I submitted (without the labels).

By the end of May I had completed 2 of the 5 quilts. I am currently working to hand quilt #3 – Bouquets for a New Day.

Completed #1 – Tee Shirt Quilt – A co-worker retired in 2011 and as he was leaving he brought me a trash bag with his daughter’s basketball tee-shirts and asked me to make a quilt. I had told him I would but it would be a while because I was caretaker of my parents and expecting my first grandchild and working full time, etc. I put the bag away and I forgot about them until I found them last year. I almost threw the bag away without looking inside. It ended up over 30 blocks of different sizes. I finished and delivered the quilt in April of this year. This was my first Tee-Shirt Quilt and I really like how it turned out. Each block is HAND QUILTED and joined using a quilt as you go method.

Completed #2 – Tee Shirt Quilt – My brother has owned and worked on classic cars all his life and has collected tee-shirts from all the shows he has attended. He is no longer able to go to car shows and he asked me to make him a quilt for this shirt collection. This was a big quilt (108 x 108) that included 36 blocks. I learned from my first tee-shirt quilt and these blocks are machine quilted in a grid and joined using quilt as you go method. I completed and delivered this quilt on May 3, 2021.

My second blog and first time using pictures. Will be interesting to see how it posts.

Helen W. commented
      Editing a comment
      Sandy F, Your pictures of your quilts look great. All I get is error messages when I try to post pictures. Worked when the new website first came up, and then nothing but error messages.
      They are working on it with the developer. We did trouble shoot my end of the sending but it appears to be something in the website end that is causing the problem. Hopefully, will be resolved soon. Did you use a computer, iPad, or phone to post your pictures. I only have an iMac computer. HelenW

Sandy F. commented
      Editing a comment
      Helen W. I used my computer to post the blog and pictures. I take my pictures with my iphone and transfer them to my computer. I was having trouble uploading to forum and to blog and I think it was because the picture size was too large. I now edit the picture and resize to "S" which is best for profile pictures and thumbnails. If I do this they upload with no problem.
    You must be logged in to post a comment.

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2089 users online. 210 members and 1879 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
X