Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Anyone using the Bern. Mega Hoop HELP PLEASE

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone using the Bern. Mega Hoop HELP PLEASE

I am just about to cry UNCLE. I am using Sarah's purchased embroidery. I am in the June module. I am using the Mega Hoop on my 730. I haven't gotten passed the outline stage. I can't for the life of me figure out how to re-hoop and get the next section to line up correctly. I am not just off a little, but a lot. I had to re hoop on the beginning placement line, which I thought was crazy. I just skipped ahead on that one but can't do that on the pattern itself. The hoop seems large enough to stitch large sections, but I can't get it to work. I am a novice at re-hooping, as you can tell.

If anyone has been successful with re-hooping, please give me some pointers.

I really want to get this to work, but this is way out of control. Hope I am clear on my problem.

Thanks in advance to anyone who has an idea.

Caryl

Caryl, I am not sure if I have understood your problem. The Mega hoop will stitch out the purchased designs in 3 hoopings. (Page 7 of the instructions that come with the embroideries from Sarah) You don't need to remove the stabiliser from the hoop once the placement line has stitched out. Just take the hoop off the machine and using the placement line and the stitched line on the fabric, line the two up, using pins. Sarahs suggestion of using the June Tailor board works really well, but any board that you can make a pin stand up in will work, like cork etc.
    I suspect I will have further confused you, but I hope this helps.
    Regards
    Mandy

Comment

Did you calibrate your hoop? If you did not it could throw off your design. Hope this helps.

Comment

Mandy and Bearsquilting,

Thank you so much for your help. I did go back and read the instructions again and realized that I was using the wrong template. Silly me. I think all is well and I will continue on.

Sometimes it just helps to brainstorm---just throw the problem out there and see what might come up. Your thoughts and suggestions sparked other ideas and "poof!" problem solved.

Thanks again so much. You guys are great!

Caryl

Comment

I'm having the same problem with the lining up doing hoop changes. Also, on the second part, the embroidery is skipping all over the place. I've emailed Sarah and send photos and she thinks its the machine. I'm at my wits end with this section of the quilt. She suggested I take it to someone else to stitch out...NOT HAPPY WITH HER RESPONSE!! I think it's a design flaw, so will try and download embroidery again. This is my 5th. go at it!!

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one having issues with the embroidery section..maybe we can get some help from the members, so we can move on to the next month's quilting.

Pat

Comment

Pat,

My mistake was selecting the wrong design that did not fit in the hoop. It seemed like the pattern was jumping hither and yon with wild abandon and telling me to re-hoop after a few stitches. It was crazy. I was thinking that after all this work to get to this point and figuring out all the new stuff, this embroidery was just a very cruel joke. I took a deep breath, vented my frustration here on the forum, re-read the instructions and, lo and behold, realized I was not using the correct design. Once I figured out which design to use, it all worked. Then, In the middle of completing the design, I had a machine failure (not do to the embroidery design) and had to take it to the shop for two weeks. It is working fine now. I am keeping my fingers crossed that there will be no more equipment malfunctions and operator errors!

I certainly understand your frustration. I would love to finish this top by the end of the year, but the embroidery is consuming much time. Still, I will press onward. I hope you can as well.

Let me know if I can help,

Caryl

Comment

I, too, was having a problem with getting the placement lines to line up with my pattern and I would be 1/4 to 1/2 inch off in some areas. After using some (alot) of unsavory language, I finally solved the problem. When I hooped my stablizer and sewed the initial placement lines (x's), I did not remove my hoop from the machine. I proceeded to sew out the placement lines for the applique placement, then I removed the hoop from the machine and was able to use the printed stablizer that is on the back of the background fabric and lined up several of the designs and placement lines and from there on I had no further trouble. Once I got everything lined up, I re-attached the hoop and set my design back to re-do the applique placement lines. After stitching out the placement lines I removed my hoop and checked the back of the hooped stablizer and the design lined up with the printed design. I know it sounds like a bit of extra work however in view of the frustration I felt a few extra steps was worth it. I hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by gmhowl
                I, too, was having a problem with getting the placement lines to line up with my pattern and I would be 1/4 to 1/2 inch off in some areas. After using some (alot) of unsavory language, I finally solved the problem. When I hooped my stablizer and sewed the initial placement lines (x's), I did not remove my hoop from the machine. I proceeded to sew out the placement lines for the applique placement, then I removed the hoop from the machine and was able to use the printed stablizer that is on the back of the background fabric and lined up several of the designs and placement lines and from there on I had no further trouble. Once I got everything lined up, I re-attached the hoop and set my design back to re-do the applique placement lines. After stitching out the placement lines I removed my hoop and checked the back of the hooped stablizer and the design lined up with the printed design. I know it sounds like a bit of extra work however in view of the frustration I felt a few extra steps was worth it. I hope this helps.

Comment

I have been reading all the responses, but the problem is I'm a visual person. Also, I think there is a design flaw, so going to download the embroidery again. I sent pictures to Sarah, but she thinks it's my machine...I don't! Another problem I have is that I bought this machine and never had many lessons on how to use the embroidery module. The saleslady who sold me my machine has passed and there is no one in my area who has the similar machine to help me. If you have Skype, perhaps one of you ladies could walk me through this.

Pat

Comment

Hello Everyone! I have taken this quilt and put it away for now..totally frustrated with it. Perhaps after the holidays, I will dig it out again and give it a go with the help of you folks. I still think it's a design issue, but will share pictures with you Carly and see what your thoughts are...so have a Merry Christmas and see you in the New Year..God Bless Pat

Comment

Even though I solved my initial problem due to my own stupidity, I continued to have problems as described by gmhowl. On the second and third hooping, things just don't line up. I started using gmhowl's method and that does work. It is hard to get it exact, but at least I am not pulling stitches. If all of us are having issues, perhaps it is somehow in the design.

Have any of you started the October module? And did it have the same issues as the summer ones??? I have not started that one yet. Have to get the Christmas stockings completed.

All the best,

Caryl

Comment

[quote="Nfiegirl"], the embroidery is skipping all over the place.

I just glanced at this forum, because I'm not doing this year's BOM, but I have multi-hooped with the Bernina Mega-hoop with satisfaction after a lot of user error. If the embroidery is skipping all over, the hoop is probably not seated properly. Ask me how I know...way too many times.

I doubt Sarah's designs are at fault, they've been out for a really long time and she's a really good digitizer.

Getting the 2nd and third hoopings takes practice, with no stretching of the stabilizer and subsequent hoopings have to match placement stitches exactly. I stick a pin down through my fabric to the marking below. After several places are right, then I pin my fabric to the stabilizer.

hth
                        Susan

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1024 users online. 160 members and 864 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,211   Posts: 155,006   Members: 25400   Active Members: 1,518  
                        Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                        X