Quilting Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

• Sew a Long Using Quick and Easy Block Tool
    Here is the link to Alex’s Classroom. Scroll down to find the Kaffe Mystery Quilt:

https://thequiltshow.co...
  • MONTH 10 BLOG is UP
    I will let the powers that be know about this, thanks.
  • MONTH 10 BLOG is UP
    Yes, I was Live October 4. The link hasn’t been updated yet. Here is the video:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zEO...
  • MONTH 10 BLOG is UP
    No pictures of progress or finished quilts are appearing at all. Where the pictures should be, there are small boxes with...
    I'm looking for the tutorial program Alex taught using the Easy Block Tool. I never finished the quilt and would like to....
  • MONTH 10 BLOG is UP
    I don’t see the facebook live video for month 10 posted on the website. I thought you were live yesterday.
  • Yes. It will be ready in a few weeks I suspect.
  • Not a “Bot”
    Submit a Ticket under HELP, below.
  • MONTH 9 — Ask Questions Here
    No photos are visible. Probably too large, resize smaller and try again.
    I’m struggling to transfer the appliqué designs so this is what I have been using. Keep your fingers crossed when put...
  • At the end of the year, December, will you have the 12 pattern months available in one download?
  • Not a “Bot”
    I am signed in but can’t watch any of the shows. The screen directs me to sign in to prove I am not a “bot”. I can’t...
  • Bright Star Quilt Kit fabric question
    I LOVE the fabrics selected for the Bright Star Quilt kit, but alas, all of the kits are now purchased. Is there any way...
    Thank your for letting me know!
    All the pattern pieces are now available. I chose to provide the background shape for the outer Fan border in Month 2. It...
    The pattern piece is under month 2 patterns. I missed it too.
    Am I correct that we do not yet have all the pattern pieces for this quilt? I was looking for the outermost piece of the...
  • Suggestion Amazing new artist
    I don’t know how to email Quilt Show but Alex please look at this artist quilter. I have never seen technique like this!...
  • No more items.

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Four-Patch Tutorial

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Four-Patch Tutorial

I started the introduction to my four-patch tutorial on my blog today. The first lesson will be tomorrow. Margo said I should start a new topic so here it is. The lessons will tell you how I sewed the April four-patch border for my Christmas BOM using my seam guide.

Thanks Annis! Looking forward to it!

Here is a link to Annis's Member Blog: community/my-profile/ajclapp

Watch for updates from the purple bar: THE FORUM/Member Blogs

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
    That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

I am looking forward to seeing the tutorial Annis.
      Deborah W

Comment

oh - fab annis
        i'm looking forward to this
        Lotti, Kuessnacht - Switzerland

Comment

Annis,
          Thank you for the tutorial. I learn much better by reading rather than listening.

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
          Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

You're welcome, Eileen. I learn mostly by reading too, or just experimenting until I find something that works for me. I enjoy watching the videos but like the written instructions to refer back to.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of interest in my 4-patch tutorial. The technique I use is different than what most of you are familiar with and is really quick and accurate and worth a try. It's a good thing I already have the rest of the lessons posted for one each day or I might not have finished. Maybe I should have used a more interesting title. Anyway, for those of you who are interested, the next 3 lessons will be for paper piecing the setting triangles with the fabric on top of the paper instead of underneath. This technique is also quick and accurate. At least this has given me a little more practice in writing tutorials. I'm hoping to get more written over the summer that I will post on my website.

Comment

Originally posted by ajclapp
              You're welcome, Eileen. I learn mostly by reading too, or just experimenting until I find something that works for me. I enjoy watching the videos but like the written instructions to refer back to.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of interest in my 4-patch tutorial. The technique I use is different than what most of you are familiar with and is really quick and accurate and worth a try. It's a good thing I already have the rest of the lessons posted for one each day or I might not have finished. Maybe I should have used a more interesting title. Anyway, for those of you who are interested, the next 3 lessons will be for paper piecing the setting triangles with the fabric on top of the paper instead of underneath. This technique is also quick and accurate. At least this has given me a little more practice in writing tutorials. I'm hoping to get more written over the summer that I will post on my website.

Annis, I am enjoying your tutorials, and am glad that you took the time to work them up for us. I KNOW how much time and effort it takes!! THANK YOU!!!

I don't think it's ever a mistake to be exposed to different ways of doing things, especially when it improves accuracy. I do wish you success with your new tools!!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
              That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Annis - there is more interest than you realize. I am very much enjoying and learning.

Thanks, Sharon

Comment

annis - am also learning from your tutorials - they're great - thank you for doing these for us.
                  Lotti, Kuessnacht - Switzerland

Comment

I am enjoying the tutorials and look forward to the next one so I can see how the four patch comes together. I am a visual learner so I appreciate the photos along with the text.
                    Deborah W

Comment

I just learned about your tutorials. Am very excited to learn from them. Thank Annis!
                      Sandy

Comment

I've been reading your tutorials and think they are fantastic. I've done a search for ordering your tool and will be ordering it later today. I appreciate any instruction on a technique that will make my piecing better, especially if it will help keep those pesky points from being cut off on the triangles and your tool looks like it will help that too. Sandi

Comment

Be sure to watch Sharon Pederson's lesson on snowball blocks. I make them that way all of the time but I don't need a piece of masking tape because the line is already there on my seam guide. That line will be used to add the setting triangles to my four-patch blocks in the next lesson.

Comment

I want to add my thanks for your tutorials, Annis. I really appreciate the time and effort involved.

in 'Yes, I Know the Way to San Jose...', California, USA

Comment

Don't forget to check back tomorrow for a surprise final lesson. I know this is a lot of lessons just to tell you how to sew 4 squares and 2 triangles together, but while I was taking the photos for the lessons I was making 60 of these blocks plus 4 corner blocks for a total of 256 squares and 128 triangles which made the 1 1/2" wide border on my Christmas BOM.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1481 users online. 372 members and 1109 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,245   Posts: 155,350   Members: 26125   Active Members: 1,045  
                              Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Here is the link to Alex’s Classroom. Scroll down to find the Kaffe Mystery Quilt:

https://thequiltshow.co...
                              • MONTH 10 BLOG is UP
                                I will let the powers that be know about this, thanks.
                              • MONTH 10 BLOG is UP
                                Yes, I was Live October 4. The link hasn’t been updated yet. Here is the video:
                                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zEO...
                              • MONTH 10 BLOG is UP
                                No pictures of progress or finished quilts are appearing at all. Where the pictures should be, there are small boxes with...
                                I'm looking for the tutorial program Alex taught using the Easy Block Tool. I never finished the quilt and would like to....
                              • MONTH 10 BLOG is UP
                                I don’t see the facebook live video for month 10 posted on the website. I thought you were live yesterday.
                              • Yes. It will be ready in a few weeks I suspect.
                              • Not a “Bot”
                                Submit a Ticket under HELP, below.
                                No photos are visible. Probably too large, resize smaller and try again.
                                I’m struggling to transfer the appliqué designs so this is what I have been using. Keep your fingers crossed when put...
                              • At the end of the year, December, will you have the 12 pattern months available in one download?
                              • Not a “Bot”
                                I am signed in but can’t watch any of the shows. The screen directs me to sign in to prove I am not a “bot”. I can’t...
                              • Bright Star Quilt Kit fabric question
                                I LOVE the fabrics selected for the Bright Star Quilt kit, but alas, all of the kits are now purchased. Is there any way...
                              • No more items.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X